Mongrel

Low Fps With Gtx 1060 *Must Read*

3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Its not a cpu bottleneck at all. Its just the game. 

The more time you spend in a save and the more you do the worse it gets. 

My worlds start at 144fps locked. Now its about 8 hours into a save and i get about 30-40 fps. 

Yeah, i Just installed a new graphics card (GTX 1070) today and it hasnt changed nything noticable in performance . It starts out fine and gets worse over time. Previously i had a GTX 660 so its a pretty big difference in power. ^^ 

Edited by Ic3w4Tch

9 hours ago, mikk said:

Or not??? CPU power is exactly the bottleneck after some time when more and more stuff and tether come to play on the planet, a faster GPU won't help there. And sure the game isn't exactly optimized, I never denied that.

Yeah, no. This game is poorly optimized at the moment, period. Have you watched the streams that the devs have put out? Adam's computer started lagging after some time and they reset the world.

29 minutes ago, Atmostatic said:

Yeah, no. This game is poorly optimized at the moment, period. Have you watched the streams that the devs have put out? Adam's computer started lagging after some time and they reset the world.

CPU is the bottleneck, period. Everyone here knows that the game is unfinished and not optimized on many fronts, you don't have to repeat that over and over again and nobody denied that. You have to understand that one component on your system will slow you down, in most games it is the GPU. In Astroneer it is the CPU who will be the bottleneck when the slow downs starts. Even with my i7-7700k. People that are looking for its GPU are looking for the wrong hardware component.

Like Ic3w4Tch said it starts fine and gets worse over time. When I start the game I get well over 200 fps and my GTX 1080 is the bottleneck, after some hours when the fps drops to under 100 and under 50 fps my GPU is not even 50% loaded. GPU load goes down substantially over time. This is something everyone could easy reproduce by checking if the framerate increases by lowering the resolution, if you don't get more fps then the CPU is your bottleneck and any faster GPU won't help. Because for the CPU it doesn't matter what resolution.

Edited by mikk

1 hour ago, mikk said:

When I start the game I get well over 200 fps and my GTX 1080 is the bottleneck, after some hours when the fps drops to under 100 and under 50 fps my GPU is not even 50% loaded. GPU load goes down substantially over time. This is something everyone could easy reproduce by checking if the framerate increases by lowering the resolution, if you don't get more fps then the CPU is your bottleneck and any faster GPU won't help. Because for the CPU it doesn't matter what resolution.

Yeah dude, you need to check the definition of "bottleneck". I won't even bother because you're just trolling at this point.

Watch your language dude. It appears you do do not have much experience in this field. I can't help you if you still don't get it. It is a waste, you will never understand it if you don't want to listen.

1 hour ago, mikk said:

Watch your language dude. It appears you do do not have much experience in this field. I can't help you if you still don't get it. It is a waste, you will never understand it if you don't want to listen.

Says the dude that says that his GTX 1080 is a bottleneck. Dude, you're hilarious.

15 minutes ago, Atmostatic said:

Says the dude that says that his GTX 1080 is a bottleneck. Dude, you're hilarious.

On a completely new save it is correct that my GTX 1080 is  a limiting factor on a i7-7700k for a very short time of period. But that's after a couple of minutes gameplay with over 200 fps @1080p, so it really doesn't matter or is a problem.  The game runs into a pure CPU bottleneck after some time. What is your problem exactly? Test it out and prove me wrong which you cannot. 

Edited by mikk

3 hours ago, mikk said:

But that's after a couple of minutes gameplay with over 200 fps @1080p, so it really doesn't matter or is a problem. 

How the crap is that not a problem? At no point in time should a GTX 1080 with an i7 should even have problems with a game like this. And yeah dude, no crap you'll be running the game at over 200 FPS, but you're not the main market. They want it to run on even the lower-end machines, and the fact that you have even tiny problems shows that there are performance problems.

3 hours ago, mikk said:

On a completely new save it is correct that my GTX 1080 is  a limiting factor on a i7-7700k for a very short time of period

My god, please stop. To save you from embarrassment later in life, please stop claiming you have experience when you're just saying what first comes to mind. The minimum CPU to not bottleneck a 1080 is an i5.

3 hours ago, mikk said:

What is your problem exactly? Test it out and prove me wrong which you cannot. 

So what is your point exactly? I already said that this game has performance issues, you're just repeating what I said, over and over.

Edited by Atmostatic

18 hours ago, Atmostatic said:

How the crap is that not a problem? At no point in time should a GTX 1080 with an i7 should even have problems with a game like this. And yeah dude, no crap you'll be running the game at over 200 FPS, but you're not the main market. They want it to run on even the lower-end machines, and the fact that you have even tiny problems shows that there are performance problems.

If you look more closely you might have noticed that many people reported fps issues that occur after some hours when the base gets bigger and the world more and more explored with tether connections. Just have a look in the first posting, there is no issue on a new game at the beginning, it runs fine. The game adds an extremely amount of CPU load over time which makes it unplayable even on my i7-7700k at some point, exactly this is the problem if you like it or not.

In short, the devs have to look for solutions how they could reduce the CPU load, ideally they would shift CPU load towards GPU for a better balanced hardware use. Currently even a resolution reduction doesn't help. Also a better core scaling would help for Quadcore and beyond, because the current core scaling it suboptimal which I tested here:

Edited by mikk

It's bad for everyone. My pc should be able to get atleast 60fps but struggles to stay at 30 because it always has these spikes in lag

It's simple. You play the game and monitor the computer. Video ram never goes over 700mb for me but system ram keeps growing. As the game progresses the gpu starts to clock down as the cpu has decided to do more and more of the work instead of handing it over to the gpu. Very poor optimization is all thats going on here and that is a waiting game that we all have played.

On 27/12/2016 at 9:42 PM, Mongrel said:
Fps Drop *Must Read*
Ok so when i first started my first game i was running at 60 fps constantly easily and it would never drop below 60 fps.But now my play time on the game is over 24 hours and i have about 3 habitats.I have expanded all of them to the max with each having its own ability (printer ext) and now even when i am away from it i am running 20-30 fps. Please fix this in the new update

And if you was wondering if it might be my graphics card its a gtx 1060 6gb so it is a high end graphic card which can max out gta V settings and run at a smooth 60-100fps

Same here, just waiting some fix,( already tried to remore all turrets _)

23 hours ago, mikk said:

If you look more closely you might have noticed that many people reported fps issues that occur after some hours when the base gets bigger and the world more and more explored with tether connections. Just have a look in the first posting, there is no issue on a new game at the beginning, it runs fine. The game adds an extremely amount of CPU load over time which makes it unplayable even on my i7-7700k at some point, exactly this is the problem if you like it or not.

In short, the devs have to look for solutions how they could reduce the CPU load, ideally they would shift CPU load towards GPU for a better balanced hardware use. Currently even a resolution reduction doesn't help. Also a better core scaling would help for Quadcore and beyond, because the current core scaling it suboptimal which I tested here:

exactly

If you examine the log files for the game, there are a number of bugs still on most structures.  These bugs cause excessive logging, which slows the game down tremendously.  So, basically, the more things you build the slower the game will get.  (I find it's much more a storage speed issue than CPU or GPU)  This is an "Alpha/Beta" version issue, and is to be expected.  Just start a new game and be glad System Era is giving us the chance to see this great game this early in it's development.

Edited by Nargg

On 12/27/2016 at 6:42 PM, Mongrel said:
Fps Drop *Must Read*
Ok so when i first started my first game i was running at 60 fps constantly easily and it would never drop below 60 fps.But now my play time on the game is over 24 hours and i have about 3 habitats.I have expanded all of them to the max with each having its own ability (printer ext) and now even when i am away from it i am running 20-30 fps. Please fix this in the new update

And if you was wondering if it might be my graphics card its a gtx 1060 6gb so it is a high end graphic card which can max out gta V settings and run at a smooth 60-100fps

i have a good cpu, ram, and gpu but the game plays at 20 fps

Hey Hey guys .. yea game looks rly nice but after few hours its not playable :  ( ps: trying to make some nice solar farm ) and my dxdiag:

Time of this report: 1/2/2017, 23:18:53
             Machine name: MSI
               Machine Id: {C8A36D35-BF53-4B1C-9A8D-60E1F237BBE1}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161208-2252)
                 Language: Polish (Regional Setting: Polish)
      System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: GT72S 6QE
                     BIOS: E1782IMS.108
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32720MB RAM
                Page File: 9766MB used, 27817MB available

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 980M
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDA
      Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
     Display Memory: 20422 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 4061 MB
      Shared Memory: 16360 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: unknown
         Monitor Id: LGD0469
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.006Hz)

Edited by G.Z

Hello everyone! Happy New Year everyone

I allow myself a little comment on all these posts relaying the same problem of performance.
Indeed the game to bugs, performance problems, etc.
But how I read you that you buy it is a game in "Early access" in pre-alpha !!!

Which means it is still developing, and that developers are asking us not to rally at all goes, but to help them solve the problems.

Also, the game is out since .... 18 days !!!!
They are only a handful of developers, so let them set the time for these problems.

So if you want a finished game and runs perfectly well, play Battlefield 1, Watch Dogs 2, or Kerbal Space Program, etc, and do not buy games in "Early Access".

So come back in 6 months and you will take full pleasure to rediscover this superb game.

Ps: I'm a Star Citizen Baker for over 2 years. Patience is paramount for this type of game in Early access.

Good night to those who this layer and good day to those who starts it.;)

Edited by Surcouf Le Breton

On 1/1/2017 at 4:48 PM, mikk said:

Yeah, that's literally what I've been saying all this time. What's your argument at all? I'm saying that this game is unoptimized, and all you're doing is just being stuck on a loop.

Edited by Atmostatic

Im playing it on my xbox1 and its lagging constantly or the fps have dropped down drastically. The game is awesome but i have played plenty of pre alpha games that are better than this. Pleade fix this.

I had nothing and my PC is lagging with the lowest graphic settings.

OS type: 64x-based PC

CPU: AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3800MHz

Installed RAM: 8GB

Available RAM: 5.13GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5450 1GB