Mongrel

Low Fps With Gtx 1060 *Must Read*

Fps Drop *Must Read*
Ok so when i first started my first game i was running at 60 fps constantly easily and it would never drop below 60 fps.But now my play time on the game is over 24 hours and i have about 3 habitats.I have expanded all of them to the max with each having its own ability (printer ext) and now even when i am away from it i am running 20-30 fps. Please fix this in the new update

And if you was wondering if it might be my graphics card its a gtx 1060 6gb so it is a high end graphic card which can max out gta V settings and run at a smooth 60-100fps

A few things here

1. What cpu and how much ram are you rocking?

2. Are you watching your temps?

3. The gtx 1060 is not a high end card, it's a decent mid range card

4. Do you have tons of tethers all over? Devs have said that tethers will tank performance

or, maybe there's an ongoing memory leak?  Or maybe you've simply done to much to the world and the game is just chugging along.

im not trig to be rude or offend, please don't take it that way.

Frame rate is currently a problem for most people right now irrespective of the graphic card you are using.  Go through the forum and you'll see many posts about it.

I would say its your CPU that causes the touble. My CPU (Intel i5-3470 3.20ghz quad) gets pretty busy especially when hosting a multiplayer game. But as Fungus has mentioned, there are a lot of people who have this kind of problem. Im pretty sure the devs will get to fixing this pretty soon. (well I hope so at least ^^)

10 hours ago, Mongrel said:
Fps Drop *Must Read*
Ok so when i first started my first game i was running at 60 fps constantly easily and it would never drop below 60 fps.But now my play time on the game is over 24 hours and i have about 3 habitats.I have expanded all of them to the max with each having its own ability (printer ext) and now even when i am away from it i am running 20-30 fps. Please fix this in the new update

And if you was wondering if it might be my graphics card its a gtx 1060 6gb so it is a high end graphic card which can max out gta V settings and run at a smooth 60-100fps

Default font, text size and unemboldened wasn't enough.

Good use of the formatting suite tho. 10pts.

As for highlighting a well known issue.  -10pts.

End Score: 0

Oh and 20-30 fps is nothing to complain about try 2-3.. That's what I get with the same setup.

Edited by Martin

I have the same card as Mongrel and I did exactly the same thing. I have in my case 6 complete bases on the same planet, 3 bases on 3 different planets and the game is down 10-15 fps. Is there any way to make another configuration of the game other than the game menu?

These are the data corresponding to my pc:

MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard
Intel® Core i7-6700 Processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB)
Memory RAM 16GB DDR4 SODIMM
Hard Drive Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 2TB SATA3
MSI GTX 1060 Graphics Controller GAMING X 6GB GDDR5
Elgato Video Capture HD60 Pro Video Capture PCI
Operating system Microsoft Windows 10 64bit

Problem of temperature is not so with the liquid cooling is the PC, the game Battlefield 1 the game in Ultra quality, for hours and the game never has drops of fps nor in its maximum point.

Edited by zeus__mystic

Want a fix? Start a new game.. It's a known issue, they're working on it, nothing else you can do, short of not building huge bases.

16 hours ago, Zylo said:

A few things here

1. What cpu and how much ram are you rocking?

2. Are you watching your temps?

3. The gtx 1060 is not a high end card, it's a decent mid range card

4. Do you have tons of tethers all over? Devs have said that tethers will tank performance

or, maybe there's an ongoing memory leak?  Or maybe you've simply done to much to the world and the game is just chugging along.

im not trig to be rude or offend, please don't take it that way.

Well, I would call the 1060 a rather high end card. I got a 1080 GTX with a 6700k processor 32GB ram about 70C on high end games. Havent checked what degree it is when I play astroneer though. My pc is HIGH end and I get lag around my base, the moment I leave my base the lag stops. There are a good amount of tethers on my world not too many though. When I tether 2 or more cars I start getting lag.

2 hours ago, sirdempster said:

Well, I would call the 1060 a rather high end card. I got a 1080 GTX with a 6700k processor 32GB ram about 70C on high end games. Havent checked what degree it is when I play astroneer though. My pc is HIGH end and I get lag around my base, the moment I leave my base the lag stops. There are a good amount of tethers on my world not too many though. When I tether 2 or more cars I start getting lag.

A 1080 GTX of how much ram? To have a high pc you have not explained completely well friend, as you have written. The 1080 that provider is for example, because there is much difference to the Asus assembly of MSi, you can have 32 Gb of ram but if you have mounted on a plate tremendous someone with less yields more than you. For the complete data please, it is somewhat confused your description. Thanks.

Just now, zeus__mystic said:

A 1080 GTX of how much ram? To have a high pc you have not explained completely well friend, as you have written. The 1080 that provider is for example, because there is much difference to the Asus assembly of MSi, you can have 32 Gb of ram but if you have mounted on a plate tremendous someone with less yields more than you. For the complete data please, it is somewhat confused your description. Thanks.

1080GTX with 8GB of ram. I would just tell you the build of my 1080 but I forgot it.

47 minutes ago, sirdempster said:

1080GTX with 8GB of ram. I would just tell you the build of my 1080 but I forgot it.

I've got a 3570k oc'd to 4.5ghz, 24gb ram oc to 1866mhz and a 980ti running stock. 1080 is a high end card, a very high end card...1060 not so much imho. Kind of like my 980 ti isn't really 'high end' anymore :((

5 minutes ago, Zylo said:

I've got a 3570k oc'd to 4.5ghz, 24gb ram oc to 1866mhz and a 980ti running stock. 1080 is a high end card, a very high end card...1060 not so much imho. Kind of like my 980 ti isn't really 'high end' anymore :((

980ti is still a good card saying you can just go buy another one and plop it in. 

I have a GTX 1060 and have been playing Astroneer (all on 0.2.111.0) about 30 hrs and don't have a trouble with FPS, just the normal alpha glitches not related to graphics card. 

Yeah

1 minute ago, Spoo here said:

I have a GTX 1060 and have been playing Astroneer (all on 0.2.111.0) about 30 hrs and don't have a trouble with FPS, just the normal alpha glitches not related to graphics card. 

It's more of the starting side of highend, like an i3 is the starting end of the i5, i7 cpus.

Then you can always daisy chain your video cards as well.  I think 4 is max or is it higher now.. 4x 1080... lol, does any game even use that.

On 28.12.2016 at 3:58 AM, Ic3w4Tch said:

I would say its your CPU that causes the touble. My CPU (Intel i5-3470 3.20ghz quad) gets pretty busy especially when hosting a multiplayer game. But as Fungus has mentioned, there are a lot of people who have this kind of problem. Im pretty sure the devs will get to fixing this pretty soon. (well I hope so at least ^^)

Yes exactly, CPU is the bottleneck.

1 hour ago, mikk said:

Yes exactly, CPU is the bottleneck.

Or not. The game isn't exactly optimized. He said he was running fine before he built more stuff, which is an issue that's plaguing pretty much every player now. To OP: Wait for a patch that fixes the performance. There seems to be a problem with performance - the more you build, the bigger the performance hit. Also, the 1060 is not a high-range card at all. The price that you bought it for should reflect that. It's mid-range.

Edited by Atmostatic

If you really think your cpu is the problem you can unpark the cores allowing the game to utilize more cores and processing power, which can increase frame rate on frame rate intensive games.  However, this game is in development so really there is not point to try to optimize a game to play slightly better on your computer, when  bugs and game stability are being worked on right now as a first priority.  An alpha/pre-alpha build is going to have these problems.  On my system its really doesnt matter what I do, reduce resolution, increase cpu usage with unparked cores, start game with -noshadow on steam properties, etc etc... it doesn't change the poor frame rate.  I image in a months time we will see better game performance.  For now enjoy the game for what it is.  It was the holidays so most companies are as productive during that time, but as the new year begins we will see improvements.

Here is there game update post:

http://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Version_History

53 minutes ago, Fungus said:

you can unpark the cores

Tried this too, made no difference if not worse.

Edited by Terri00

3 hours ago, Atmostatic said:

Or not. The game isn't exactly optimized. He said he was running fine before he built more stuff, which is an issue that's plaguing pretty much every player now. To OP: Wait for a patch that fixes the performance. There seems to be a problem with performance - the more you build, the bigger the performance hit. Also, the 1060 is not a high-range card at all. The price that you bought it for should reflect that. It's mid-range.

Or not??? CPU power is exactly the bottleneck after some time when more and more stuff and tether come to play on the planet, a faster GPU won't help there. And sure the game isn't exactly optimized, I never denied that.

Its not a cpu bottleneck at all. Its just the game. 

The more time you spend in a save and the more you do the worse it gets. 

My worlds start at 144fps locked. Now its about 8 hours into a save and i get about 30-40 fps.