Lots of ideas and with justifications!

Hello all. Been playing Astroneer a lot lately and have reached a peak. I've come up with some new ideas (sorry if others have mentioned them, props to them and great minds think alike!) Here are some ideas followed by brief justifications:

1) When possible low counts of tethers should merge into a single group of tethers that have room. Why wouldn't they?

2) Reintroduce the Space Station that players originally leave from. It just disappears, as if leaving other astroneers locked in their stasis egg portopottie drop pods! The space station could be a docking point to jump to other solar systems. Maybe you can send up supplies to it to store and recall later -- emphasizing the (fun) space nomad life.  You could also customize your astroneer via costumes, helmets, new backpacks, vehicles, maybe capture some native plants/species/NPCs (sorry). Could also be a hub for merchants from different solar systems -- the severing of introducing other races of the universe limits possibility and entertainment.

3) Again, jump to other galaxies or areas in space. which leads me to....

4) Introduce more and new celestial objects to visit. Abandoned space ships (yes like space hulks), asteroids rich in rare materials but dangerous low gravity, gas planets (maybe there's something to land on?), Suns (maybeee there's something to land....on or near but you need tech!?), planets with bodies of water above and below ground, volcano planets, planets with vast NPC empires (some are peaceful, others hostile, some are more advanced and others basic (almost like SPORE), worlds that aren't perfect spherical (imaginattttion and F physics), the universe is the limit.

5) NEED ALL CHAT. resorting to skype, or steam in chat is less processing power, ergo more lag. Maybe an all chat and a planet chat (so other players could talk to just who's on their planet.

6) Turbo or other Engine device for vehicles made at printer or vehicle station. One could be for space ships (allowing further travel: increase in ring size when planet jumping and even higher level engines to other solar systems). another could be for automobile like vehicles (faster speed, able to tow more, maybe uses more energy.)

7) Ability to use the drill bit on the front (or back?) or trucks/rovers/etc. Allows tunneling, you should be able to alter the angle of the drill bit (hold right click and move up or down then let go of right click to set it at specified angle?) to allow up/downward tunnels. exiting the vehicle resets the drill angle to flat. 

8) Extensions to the backpack (bottom left/right corners).

9) Upgrading suits or Astroneers, maybe a temp jump pack that uses energy, crampon like devices for pioneering mountain and cavern walls/roofs? maybe this is a new platform.

10) Aerial, non-space travel crafts. Ability to deliver goods and to explore planets by air. Presumably a hover or helicopter like design for exploring and basic transportation, and planes for larger hauls.

11) Drill elevators. Perhaps it is a platform. Perhaps it is also a dynamic emplacement (like how the capsule can be moved to a desired location and then placed permanently) which acts as a drill downwards and as an elevator. Allows faster travel to subterranean caverns/bases. two variants, one smaller for people and has only one storage rack, other is larger could fit a vehicle and maybe has two storage racks.

12) Being able to choose where is your RESPAWN place. dying on other planets and respawning many planets away (instead of the base I build all the way back over there) is problematic. Sometimes I have to build a whole new ship just to get back (Hope I build another empty vehicle bay there...)

13) specific landing areas (when you are orbiting a planet) should be a different color to help distinguish the different options you have at your base. Sometimes I end up landing at a vehicle bay with something already there. Other times I land at the space like when you first arrive to a planet that has no base. Maybe there should just be a landing pad platform too.

14) Ability to rotate the planet you are orbiting. More than once my base has been right on the very left of right edge  of a planet im orbiting and it is hard to distinguish the exact landing location I intend.

15) When backpack is open you should be to pick up an item, hover it over a spot that is filled with another item, drop into that slot and be holding the other item. Right now you just drop the item. I like pack organization and its a more tedious process to move the item, place the other item, etc. (I know not a huge deal, but it seems more intuitive).

Thanks!!!

1: You can do that manually, though some autoresolution of that may be reasonable.
2: It's not gone, you can actually build a ramp to it.  I... never really thought about it in relation to gameplay though.  It's just the main menu.
3: Maybe when dedicated servers are implemented this will be what the menu looks like, but I feel like one solar system is a good scale for the game.
4: On the Roadmap
5: Will definitely be implemented when dedicated servers are a thing, right now multiplayer is only available with people you know (randoms joining is a bug)
6: On the Roadmap
7: I'm not sure tunneling with the vehicle is a good idea unless a dedicated vehicle is developed for it with specialized controls.
8: I feel like the space we have is good enough, it's limited but flexible.  A major component of the exploration gameplay is to have to choose what equipment you need to take.
9: More traversal options would be nice, perhaps through a suit modification system or just tools to equip in the two extension slots.
10: On the Roadmap
11: Caves are already really easy to tunnel down to... however, the aforementioned tunneling vehicle from #7...
12: Unless you're encountering bugs the host already respawns at the the last habitat/spaceship they were in.  This is not as reliable for guests.
13: Landing at occupied zones is a known bug, and a dedicated landing pad building is a solution to that I would like to see.
14: On the Roadmap
15: Yes.

Edited by CherubimCW

Glad to hear #6 is on the roadmap. I found that I could attach a thruster that I found to the back of my truck, snap on some hydrazine and it turns on!  Couldn't quite tell if it was helping me move faster or not. Would like to add the thruster and then use the same control as "run" for the astronaut to turn the thruster on/off.