DaemonFox54

Save Multiplayer Character Progress

My husband and I have been playing on my save file together and we thought it would be nice if when he plays on my saved game his progress/resources are saved. It's frustrating that he loses everything and has to gather/build things every time he comes back, especially since there are still issues with the game that cause crashes or issues that require restarting the game.

They just need to add a COOP save that saves outside your PC that refreshes when you load the game. This allows you and your friends to play on the same map even when you're not all on. Downside is servers needed.

5 minutes ago, Admir1 Nelson said:

They just need to add a COOP save that saves outside your PC that refreshes when you load the game. This allows you and your friends to play on the same map even when you're not all on. Downside is servers needed.

How does one go about doing this? I have me and my boys playing this game together and it gets pretty crazy with crashes and glitches sometimes. For your information, I have the steam version of the game.

In the mean time, just designate a storage unit for his stuff. When he's done playing (or vice versa) put his stuff on that platform until his return.

7 minutes ago, syterth said:

In the mean time, just designate a storage unit for his stuff. When he's done playing (or vice versa) put his stuff on that platform until his return.

Easiest solution so far. Me and my buddy have been doing this since we started playing. :)

11 hours ago, Ic3w4Tch said:

Easiest solution so far. Me and my buddy have been doing this since we started playing. :)

Only problem with that is if they're forcibly disconnected by a game crash or a glitch makes them unable to get to their storage. This has happened several times to me and my boys. We are constantly having to rebuild solar panels for the backpacks, batteries and tanks whenever this happens. The game just needs to save whatever they have on their backpacks whenever the game is saved and retain that info when they are disconnected and return.

As it is right now though there's not a whole lot in the game yet, and there's actually no reason to go to other planets but that's where it mainly becomes a concern. If you're on another planet and they're disconnected, you'd better hope the homeworld is in range or they won't be returning till the next available orbital window. :/ we also had a situation where someone was killed on another planet and they were respawned on the home world instead of the world they were on. I believe this happened because I (the host) was on the home world and they were on the other world but I'm not 100% sure. I didn't do a lot of testing on it. Lucky for us we didn't lose a spacecraft to it, but we did lose access to the planet for a while as we waited for it to come back into range.

I really do like the orbital stuff even though it's inconvienent. I only wish the orbits were a bit slower and the rotation period was slower too. The radiated planets rotation is so fast I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster watching the stars streak by...

Well if that happens to my friend when im host I can see the items of his backpack hovering in the air where he was standing. He can see them when he reconnects but i can pick them up and give them back...

I haven't played multiplayer yet but I'd say just make a large storage container and have them put their loadout on it before they log off. But I still think there should be a join save so they can play when no one is around.

Forgot to say that we are playing on xbox one. Also, yes, I know you can make storage containers, but in the particular game we were in we couldn't get enough of the right resources to build very much beyond the basics.