DarkSlayerEX

Astroneer Repeatedly crashing when entering cockpit/trying to save.

Pareil pour moi, crash des que je rentre dans un rover ou une navette 

Posted (edited)

I am 2 planets away from unlocking all the achievements and my game crashes every time I load into a vehicle or save. It is an awesome game but I am truly frustrated and about to give up. I have done the same 3 simple tasks 5 times in a span of 60 mins because it takes FOREVER to load and then reload. I have tried the hard reset twice and it has solved nothing. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Edited by Airborne126

I got the same problem with the game crashing on PS4 version, I got the game as a present forcmy bday, and it was okay for a month and then those rover crashes began, like at the start of the april I started to see those, like i land on Sylva and do all research and smelting and then go to shelter to save the game and the blue screen appears with a message, It also appears to be a problem with the large rovers too, causing game to crash, pls help I really love this game and im like half way through 

IMG-20200412-WA0001.jpeg

Posted (edited)

This has been an issue for so many iterations now. The situation has gotten better (crashes after entering rover or shuttle on 6th or 7th time now) and so has the frame rate however game crashes consistently. I’m on Xbox one. Cmon guys, no other game crashes this much. Saving the game takes SO MUCH power, the game needs to completely stop to a halt to save and it’s a roll of the dice to see if it will crash. Also, can’t there be any auto-save feature? 

Edited by danstroneer

I know this topic is a little old, but I just wanted to add that I'm also having this issue on the PS4. I just have two planets left to go, but ever since activating the core of the previous planet the game just loves to crash when trying to enter any sort of vehicle. So far I've been able to use the option to save and quit to the main menu, but that doesn't really help when I need to enter my rover or rocket. The game has also been horribly laggy, which that alone makes it hard to play.

I really like the game, but when it's lagging like this and crashing so much it just becomes unplayable. I'm trying to activate all of the gateway chambers on each planet, and right now I'm on Glacio with only one chamber left, and while it was bad enough just trying to find the last chamber it was made incredibly frustrating when I finally found and activated it only for the game to crash when trying to get back in my rover.

As much as I love the idea of free updates and new content added, I really hope that things like this and the overall performance can be addressed before anything else is done to the game because as the previous person said that new stuff doesn't matter if we can't play the game.

Same problem here. Seems to be worsened by each new activated gateway or having bases on multiple planets. Extremely inconsistent - and required me and a partner to create a new save where we play very restricted when it comes to expansion since our original progression became 100% softlocked.

We have since then not experienced this problem. Though in constant fear of it happening again for one of our favorite games since it ruined our joy with the first save. Patches related to "random multiplayer crashses" have not helped, unfortunately.

Wish you all the best. I am sincerely hoping for an official response to this issue, as I have an open support ticket for this as well. If there's some DIY solution proposed I'll mention it here. Good luck.

1 hour ago, TayT said:

If there's some DIY solution proposed I'll mention it here. Good luck.

That would be great if they mention something that could help and you shared it, I'm sure it could potentially help a lot of people. You mentioned it getting worse for you with each activated gateway, so I'm wondering if that could be a cause. Right now I have all gateway chambers activated except for those on Atrox, and all gateway engines except Glacio and Atrox, and the game has become unplayable due to crashing. In terms of bases I have what I would call a large one on Sylva, then a slightly smaller one on Glacio, and a pretty small one on Atrox so I could see those being an issue too.

I know at first I thought that using the save and quit option in the menu was a decent solution for saving without having to lose progress, but shortly after my previous post the game started crashing with that too so I think I cursed myself by previously mentioning that it was working lol. It also just started randomly crashing while trying to head to the core of Glacio, and I just can't go far without a crash so the game is completely unplayable on this save. I guess I might try starting a new save in the creative mode just to mess around, and hopefully there will be a solution so I don't have to completely start over with my progress.

I think the solution might be in the works or at least the topic is being investigated. To quote part of the return email I received:

(..) Typically when there's a crash on save it's the result of insufficient memory, though that really doesn't seem to be the case here.

Now, I can see that you're using the 445.75 Nvidia Drivers, I have noticed that these drivers have been messing with some folks, so it's possible updating may mitigate the crashes, though I can't guarantee it since both of you are experiencing them.

I'd be curious to know if this happens at all when hosting a different save file (..) if you can change hosts as well, that may have an effect.

That said, I'm going to pass your logs and DxDiag over to our QA team to look into.

I'm no staff but I think for anyone viewing this, until there is an official response to go ahead and send the problem and logs to the support email of support@systemera.net. Both are in %AppData%\Local\Astro\Saved, then Logs and SaveGames respectively. Hope that helps at least somewhat. 🙂

On 4/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, jorian tatum said:

Me too. Every time I try to enter anything it crashes(rover,shuttle,shelter) On Xbox one 

same problem, at the point where the only point of the game i can play is up until I need to get into a vehicle, shelter or save. And even then it crashes before save is complete. 

Rendering my time in the save useless. I feel your pain