ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

23 hours ago, MajorPayne said:

Well seeing all of this comments sucks. My truck just started flipping end over end when I exit it.

So basically I can't use it anymore because the flipping makes it impossible to hook up to another vehicle or a structure.

I am having this same problem now on PC. Trucks and rovers were working fine for a long time, even after quitting and loading saves. As soon as I left the planet and came back in a shuttle, now the trucks are going crazy. Every time I exit the truck, my astronaut is placed inside the front of the truck model, which causes the truck to go flying and tumbling around. It is now impossible to connect anything to it because it never stays where it is when I exit it. Never had this problem until I went into orbit. Must have something to do with reloading the truck objects when returning to the planet they are on.

Vehicles had been working fine for me once I stopped trying to overload them with storage and habs.  Was going great up till sometime yesterday when now I cant use the land vehicles at all.  At home base...logged to find the issue.  As soon as enter it shutters in one spot and wont move..when exiting ot launches into the air flipping.  Eventually lands.  Same thing if i try to get in again.  Tried removing everything but the 1 seat and still does it.  Rover and truck. Ships work fine.  Even after leaving Terran to make new base on Barren...and making new truck there..same thing happens.

Grrrrr.... stupid trucks!  This time the truck and the attached buggy landed upside down!!!  All I did was exit a habitat a little bit away and walk toward the truck- it started freaking out and then settled here...

I really hope in the end, a simple click on the truck or buggy will automatically 'right' it--- reset it right-side-up.

2016-12-24_19-34-59.png

Having the truck/vehicle issue here as well. It seems like it has it's own physics, and ignores everything else.

It seems to happen more if I keep a vehicle linked to either another vehicle, or a building, exit, and load the save, it spazzes out. That being said, it now happens even on it's own, not attached to anything, only with the vehicle storage, and a 1-seat. It's... Unpredictable in how it behaves.

I posted this in the Steam forum, but posted here for more visibility.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/discussions/1/152392786904864819/

Here is the screenshot of one episode of it happening in a previous save file:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=824979673

I've also included a short video I made of the issue at hand, and what I'm having happen. Bad quality, but shows the issue at least. Included sound for reference.

https://puu.sh/t0nc7/25691c7926.mp4

I'm not sure if the sound is any indicator of what might be happening... It also seems like the vehicle itself seems to ignore the physics. Think Moon gravity (vehicle) vs. Earth gravity (universal standard).

I also found that the moment my save file experiences the glitching, it tends to tank the FPS for any other instance of a run, within that save file, and it never recovers.

Edited by StuartF
Included additional screenshot.

The hitching of multiple trucks is very funky. You have to put the cursor in front not on the circular thing to get them to hitch. I also could not remove the 1 seat from my truck when I wanted to or the storage made from the vehicle bay. I think it's a bug where I cannot remove the seat once attached. I tried to re-attaching it to the vehicle. bay to see if maybe then I could remove it but I had no luck.

I was driving my rover after picking something up to research and as I was returning to my base it just started flipping, and forcing me out of it, anytime I tried to get back in it flipped. Eventually I fell into a cave and it disappeared.. Please help I just bought the game today and I love it. 

Edited by Angryporcupine

Truc disapears when my frend starts to drive it. Please fix these bug, it's really strange to play sich a wonderfull game with only one car for several players. 

Earlier today, went of a drive with a couple of rovers attached, after a certain period of time, both the rovers along with the avatar glitched and started to float into space. Within seconds, the avatar was pushed aside, with the rovers hanging off in thin air, and the avatar half way into the ground, movements seized. Had to restart to fix. Most glitches are experienced when one join a friend's game. Was the same as @jzakilla has posted. 

Also, same happened to a truck in a came, a couple of hours later, along with resources. 

Edited by MechaRad

Hey, I had the same issues with my rover. To me it seemed like every time i hit tab to get back in it was also trying to flip the rover right side up even though it was already right side up. I tried everything I could think of to fix it in game like Moving the seat, emptying it and even connecting and disconnecting it to other rovers. In the end I just restarted the game and that seems to fix the problem.

Edited by Imrazir

Not exactly a truck bug, but a hover instead.

I'm trying to use them as links between the huge solar panels and base modules but they keep getting glitched on terrain and/or falling to a cave beneath. Pic related was taken as I was trying to dig it out. There's quite a thick layer of terrain between ground level and the cave bellow, by the way.

qPoXOlH.jpg

Playing on Win7/steam.

My truck is not driveable at all. I just added a seat and a wind turbine and when I jump in, it starts backing up, I cant control it at all.

Edited by ashbro9

every time i play there is a multitude of bugs. one major with the vehicle  ; so to enter the vehicle u press X button with that noted i would exit the car to go and collect some lets say compound and it wont let me collect anything , it shows the tool as to which i collect things with but there is no placement on the ground to show where it is i am sellecting. which really sucks cuz this is as far as ive gotten using the fun game of astroneer. so please can u fixxxx this.  ps im using a Xbox one edition 2016 model fyi. thx

Edited by AngelBabyKiss

And the list goes on =)

I built a new truck, it looks like there's nothing wrong. Until I hop in....I seem to be so heavy that the fenders gets pushed through tires. Needles to say I cannot drive it, it doesn't move. 

When I made the truck I used a salvaged seat I found from spaceship wreck. I printed a new one thinking maybe the salvaged seat was the culprit, but even with the new seat the truck still glitches

Ok, I restarted the game while I had my PRINTED seat on, the truck started to work without any problem. However when I took the salvaged seat and stick it to the truck the truck glitched again, switching to printed seat doesn't help until I restart the game again. I have used salvaged seat as part of my printer (just to sit there and watch sandstorm pass by). I haven't had this problem with other salvaged seats.

My guess: the salvaged seat inherits weight of the spaceship wreckage or more likely the PRINTER weight since I had the seat stuck into printer. The truck suspensions accounts the weight of the seat and gets pushed down. For some reason the printed seat inherits weight of the other seat from the truck, or maybe the truck as object has value for seat's weight, which gets altered by the weird-heavy-seat. Restarting the game probably resets the printed seat weight since the scripts are ran again. 

Oh man I'd love to see the source and help debugging this game for you people =D

heavytruck.jpg

Edited by Rokkimies

On 25/12/2016 at 1:42 AM, Thod said:

ok here is my pick... In the middle background MP you can see the other players truck and attached rover having a seizure.  (I can make fun of seizures because I have epilepsy so I am in fact making light of myself)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/199680527239585314/52940F530C43443CAB2B1AD81DD534C850254FC3/

Daam your ground is flatten!!!  you are my new hero.

On topic.. all my trucks dissapear when i use the shuttle no icon showing location, no sign of truck flying in the horizon.. i digged a hole for 10 minutes and cant find any cave below.. they just dissapear.

Edited by kioga

On 12/16/2016 at 3:23 AM, jj684 said:

Playing on Steam.

Built the Truck then put the large storage from the vehicle bay on it and tried to attach research projects which caused the truck to start glitching into the ground.

I am playing on xbox one and I am also having this problem...I had a truck and rover attached to the back.. put 3 researchable items on it but the storage on the truck part then it glitches threw the ground, then flies up in the air ..

On 26/12/2016 at 0:26 PM, ashbro9 said:

My truck is not driveable at all. I just added a seat and a wind turbine and when I jump in, it starts backing up, I cant control it at all.

What are you playing it on?? Thats kind of important. Please read the bug report sticky. the more information you provide the better.
I assume you're playing on Xbox? Consoles havent had the patch applied to them yet, because its easier to test fixes quickly on the PC first.

18 hours ago, Rokkimies said:

And the list goes on =)

I built a new truck, it looks like there's nothing wrong. Until I hop in....I seem to be so heavy that the fenders gets pushed through tires. Needles to say I cannot drive it, it doesn't move. 

When I made the truck I used a salvaged seat I found from spaceship wreck. I printed a new one thinking maybe the salvaged seat was the culprit, but even with the new seat the truck still glitches

Ok, I restarted the game while I had my PRINTED seat on, the truck started to work without any problem. However when I took the salvaged seat and stick it to the truck the truck glitched again, switching to printed seat doesn't help until I restart the game again. I have used salvaged seat as part of my printer (just to sit there and watch sandstorm pass by). I haven't had this problem with other salvaged seats.

My guess: the salvaged seat inherits weight of the spaceship wreckage or more likely the PRINTER weight since I had the seat stuck into printer. The truck suspensions accounts the weight of the seat and gets pushed down. For some reason the printed seat inherits weight of the other seat from the truck, or maybe the truck as object has value for seat's weight, which gets altered by the weird-heavy-seat. Restarting the game probably resets the printed seat weight since the scripts are ran again. 

Oh man I'd love to see the source and help debugging this game for you people =D

What are you playing ASTRONEERS on?

Oooh! a new test! I hadn't tried seats from different sources.  I didn't think anything of it. But inherited weight/orientation might be an issue. (even though i have yet to encounter any more research attachment/Truck flight issues since the experimental patch.)  MORE TESTING TIME!!

12 hours ago, The skunky one said:

Others have mentioned it before and I'm experiencing the problem with my vehicles disappearing when I load or return to my home planet base

Just came in to see if someone reported, probably has.

I actually think I saw mine floating at space, one even disappeared in front of my eyes at other planet, one teleported some 50 meters away from me, to the air. 
This kind of reminds me the times when I mix up the Local and Global position coordinates when programming in Unity. "Where is my..oh...".

It seems that vehicles despawn while we're "out of range" and respawn while at range, which is performance-wise necessary. With planets rotating and shifting through space I'm not surprised at all that things like this happens at this point.