ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

Just had the truck glitch today as well.  Truck has large storage with 2 small storage on the very back.  Try to load most research items on the front slots of the large storage and it is barely drivable.  Wants to fling off in odd directions and do wheelies.  PC version

I have been testing this bug backwards and forwards.
The bug is some how related to the truck BUT is made more obvious with the large triangular vehicle bay printed storage.
The physics bug is even crazier when attaching "research" there's one that you get from high on some trees. (i think is always dark green)
They can be attached to a truck in smaller numbers, but as soon as they go above 2 the wheels freak out like they're colliding with stuff.
Driving at fast speeds can also enhance the bug, even with two research.

Some research is worse than others. Even so it seems to me like a collision bug. because of the typical "flying" result in some cases.
My question is:

Why does the Vehicle Bay print the storage one way? and then rotates when its done? Could it be possible the collision volume isn't rotating with the model?
Or even rotating the collision volumes for the attached objects?

If not my other suspect is the wheels being crushed between two collision volumes. (possibly from the attached large storage.) The physics bug happens even without the storage though just to a much less noticeable effect.
Rovers seem to be unaffected unless attached to a truck.

Also the problem happens LESS during the start of a game unless a truck is connected to another truck. Collision and pulling seems to trigger the bugs ability to happen.

Wind storms don't effect the bug. If it is happening it doesn't stop it, if its not happening it doesn't cause it.

Will update with more information as i experiment.
The attached images are from two different save files.
One before the recent updates and one after (orange suit after)

20161217034523_1.jpg

20161217061239_1.jpg

20161217061257_1.jpg

20161221144416_1.jpg

20161221144458_1.jpg

11 hours ago, mutantmarine said:

Everyone, the HABITAT is the bug! Do not attach a habitat to your rover or truck or this will happen!

This is not necessarily true. I had this issue with a truck attached with: Single seat, Storage Rack, and Vehicle Storage Expansion. I attached two research objects to it, along with some mining cargo. Upon the third research item attached it decided to get a little...excited...

https://www.twitch.tv/kiithnaras/v/109100960

I had thought it was just a little uppity until I went back to roll back to my base, and thought it best to leave the last-attached object behind...

https://www.twitch.tv/kiithnaras/v/109101268

It wasn't until I decided to go on a surface-mining expedition did I realize how serious things were, though...

https://www.twitch.tv/kiithnaras/v/109101818

There is a brief pause in this last one where I try to figure out how to proceed. At least it's entered a stable synchronous orbit : )

If I had to make a completely uneducated guess, the bug revolves mostly around the vehicle storage expansion and "heavy" attached objects

Edited by Kiithnaras

I've also just built the truck on the Xbox version, and it stutters terribly when driving it. (PS loving the game though!)

I am having an issue with the truck were when I am driving it will start to freak out then kick me from it and then just keep driving its self while flipping. Running from Steam. Sorry for the double post. I didn't think the first one took. 

2016_12_22_08_03_34-clp.mp4

Edited by Flockhammer

9 minutes ago, Flockhammer said:

I am having an issue with the truck were when I am driving it will start to freak out then kick me from it and then just keep driving its self while flipping. Running from Steam. Sorry for the double post. I didn't think the first one took. 

2016_12_22_08_03_34-clp.mp4

Edited by Flockhammer

I think this happens more often and obviously with the truck, but it is possible with the rover if you get it to drive fast enough. or attach a large triangular storage.

To add to my previous post, It does want to start flying when i loose sight of it, but is still in range of my character, sometimes calming down when i look at it.

Still convinced its a collision/physics issue. Does adding things to the truck apply weight to the wheels? Because the wheels are the first indicator, with audio.
The flight is the wheels colliding with the objects attached to it, then trying to spring back to their starting position, but then bouncing back with the suspension effect, causing enough force to clip back to the collision problem. To change that you have to tell the wheels to loose collision with the car body and the objects connected to it. Then tell them they can only move on their vertical axis a certain amount and anything outside that causes zero vertical movement, OR slow incremental return to their resting position.
You can also tell the wheels to reset to their starting position when there is no player present in a seat. Which it would do when the car flips.

It just has to be the wheels. Wheels in games are always a nightmare.

Edited by JRL101
mispelling

Put together a really nice set of three trucks, with storage, crane, generator etc... the works. It was great until I spent an hour trying to dig it out of a pit, tried to get in once it was dug out, and it did this...

Flying Trucks.png

Experiencing similar crashes issues when trying to build a rover... the building part goes somewhat smoothly, but as soon as I try to seat in the cab, the game slows to a frame by frame (fps almost null) and eventually crashes. 10/10 reproduced, cannot consider vehicles build/use until fixed (issue found on XBOX ONE console)

I was building my second truck when built i came over with my first truck to connect them when the building crane was charged up and went to build a large storage bay on my first truck were the mining crane was, so i forgot about it 2 minutes later when I came over to build my printer to build storage for my moon base and built the large storage bay on the mining crane on accident so i got it off by using a chair and it went on to the building platform of the building crane, so i tried ramming it off and when i touched it it, the game crashed, and so i restarted the computer and went back on it and it when to the main menu, i click on the save and it loaded for 2 seconds and crashed , so i do it over again and still crashes, i go on to my other save, it works, so i go to the main menu click on the save and 2 seconds later it crashes.

Ive made a funny bug on muliplayer i joined/keyboard/mouse/steamversion.

You can drive but it looks funny. Sometimes i lose my battery bars, they flyed static on the position where i entered the seat, but still works. My friends got that bug too, but with another parts of the truck.

-i5 5200U

-GForce 840M

2016-12-22.png

It took me a while, but I finally unlocked the rover, but the game crashed as soon as I got in. Then, I rebooted the game, and I fell through the planet.

Had a serious problem with a rover.

At first, I built a rover, then placed a 1-seat on it. Went for a short ride with it, and placed it in front of the vehicle bay.

Then, I wanted to try the drill. So I built it with the printer, than attached it to the rover, and realised that it doesn't work ^^

So, I went to the vehicle bay and built a crane. Big mistake! The vehicle bay placed the crane on the rover, "overriding" the 1-seat.

A shame that I couldn't move the crane to remove it from the rover. After a while, jumping in the 1-seat, moving the rover, the crane finally fell of the rover. But still I couldn't move it.

I tried to pull the crane using a winch, but didn't work well. I could pull it a little and placed it near a lithium field that was in the green rock that can't be digged  without a drill. Then when I tried to move the crane again using the winch, the crane turned upside down, half sunk into the ground...

Maybe the vehicle bay should prevent from installing a crane when there's not enough slots on a vehicle :/

Playing on steam

Windows 10 X64

AMD FX 6300 ( 6 cores )

16Gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 750 Ti

I - Russian, English I know is very bad, but I want to contribute to this game, the game themes I like. I will write to the interpreter, as well as upload pictures of bugs, so it will be easier to understand. 

Image 275 _ After the death of the character, he revived, but the screen has not changed and the death of the character of the shuttle left in the position where he died and moved lying. After 10 minutes, the texture refreshed and character took a horizontal position.

Image 275.jpg

Well seeing all of this comments sucks. My truck just started flipping end over end when I exit it.

So basically I can't use it anymore because the flipping makes it impossible to hook up to another vehicle or a structure.

When exiting both the truck and rover, I am finding that instead of placing the player in the blue outline (like it does the pod), it places the player half way into the bumper, causing a collision and then the rover/truck will then jump.

This seems to be the biggest problem for me in both Vehicles

PC/Steam/Steam Controller

Amd 8350 Black Edition, Radion 7870

Okay found out more about the buggy truck. 

Truck build: Single driver seat, Storage

Behaviour:

1. Empty truck: fine
  2. Researchable Item plugged right from the driver seat: Truck behaves slower (Weight???)
  3. Researchable Item right to the driver seat & anywhere on the storage: Truck begins to bug out, spinning on ground, removing second item ends spinning bugging

Conclusion:
Bug may have to do with the underlaying physics of the used items and addons for the truck.

Every time I leave the area and then either reload or come close enough that the truck has to re-render(?) it just does flips in the air.

So I had my truck with an habitat on it in order to go somewhere else in the planet and start a new base, I had to go so I closed the game and loaded my save the very next day just to find my truck flying the friendly skies with a black chunk of terrain attached to it.

The only things in the truck were the habitat and the seat, and, as you can see the habitat displays the option to extend itself so my thought is that the habitat went crazy trying to land a new base.

Also the game crashes when I try to quit to the main menu or desktop, actually running the version 0.2.111.0.

My awesome flying truck:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A576&background-color=black