ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

In multi, when the host gets into a truck and that clients are in a truck, the truck goes super glitch, fly away and the player is send into the depth.

It does seem to glitch when clients are driving definitely, I haven't attached a storage to this so that doesn't seem to be the root cause in multiplayer

astroneer1.jpg

PC - Steam - Experimental build
Win 10 x64 - Amd 8300+(cpu) - R9 295  (gpu)- 16go ddr4 - game on ssd -play on 1920*1080

A new little truck bug i think is important (and easy to fix, see last line);

When you put a storage (large) on a truck, and on this storage put a wind generator + energy storage, things happen ... :P 

Your truck start to "vibrate" super fast and become uncontrolable, moving around, and eventualy glitch on the floor OR fly away.

I took a screen for illustration purpose the second i put the 2nd item so the truck seem fine, but it's definetly not :)
For a more explicit, i took a short vidéo and put in on Youtube, see here :)
https://youtu.be/e9IChG3DFvY

A way i think that can help to fix (along with the 2 unidentified object "fly") will be to simply disable collision for items put in this big storages. Should be some lines of code and may fix this pretty easyly without real gameplay changes. ^^

20161221033649_1.jpg

20 minutes ago, Seeohdeewhy2 said:

Whenever I try to drive my truck the game lags so bad that it crashes the whole game and backs me all the way to the home screen on Xbox one 

It also happens with the regular Rover as well. 

Just adding my own screenshot of a flying truck, that I can't seem to be able to follow.

I just built it, attached a winch and a habitat to it, and logged out. When I loaded the save, it started floating in the air along with a piece of land.

Edit: After reloading several times, I fell through the ground, along with the truck.

ss1.png

Edited by axesdnd

Xbox One

The game lags and sometimes crashes when entering a Truck. If Rover is attached then lags happens almost immediately. Exiting vehicle sometimes stops lag but takes a minute or two to correct. Doesn't matter if I'm near my base or in the middle of no where. I have built 7 additions to my home base and also have a spaceship.

I have build another, self propelling version of two trucks. It drives on its own and on the moon it also starts flying if you don't watch it...

And in general from my point of view: driving feels awful... the truck-base seems to have no weight at all and everything you put on it creates a really high balance point, especially the cargo-modul is way to heavy in relation to the other modules

Best regards and with the hope that the developers will fix this funny (not anymore if you start playing in a decent manner) feature

Astroneer.png

On 12/18/2016 at 9:16 PM, Rominiust said:

So it seems to be the habitat, as it just happened in another game.

Whenever you load up a saved game that has a habitat attached to a vehicle, it thinks that it's been placed, so adds the semisphere of black ground beneath it.  Since it's not actually attached to the ground, this makes it clip with the vehicle, and spin uncontrollably, either into the ground (for my second one), or into space (for my first).

I can verify that the habitat does spawn automatically when attached to a car. this exact thing happened to me. i even posted saying just about the same thing

2 hours ago, Mechcobra88 said:

Xbox One

The game lags and sometimes crashes when entering a Truck. If Rover is attached then lags happens almost immediately. Exiting vehicle sometimes stops lag but takes a minute or two to correct. Doesn't matter if I'm near my base or in the middle of no where. I have built 7 additions to my home base and also have a spaceship.

Expect lots of lag bro. theyre trying to get updates out for xbox one as fast as they can. there should hoepfully be one later this week

On 12/16/2016 at 11:02 PM, Rominiust said:

So I made a Truck (had a 1-seat, habitat & 2 storage on it), which was attached to 3 rovers in a daisy-chain.  I reloaded the game since it was stuttering horribly (3-5 seconds of freezing for 2 seconds of 40 FPS) and when I loaded back in this happened.

4013df1d9c.jpg

You can see the 3 rovers attached to the...landmass, which is the truck.  I tried chasing after it, and managed to detach the rovers, along with all of the addons except the habitat.

As of writing this, the truck has disappeared into the distance, my FPS is fine, but at least I know it's space worthy.

System info:

• Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • Geforce GTX 960 (4GB)
  • Intel i7-4790k 4.0GHz
  • 16GB Ram
  • Steam version

I believe the problem is the habitat connected to the cars. The same thing happened to me although I don't have the large storage. I had one truck and one rover attached to each other and the habitat was the only thing on the truck (nothing was on the rover). I logged out, and when I logged back in, the truck and rover were glitching out, flying and rotating in circles with the land mass. If I touched the land mass, i fell through the ground and glitched out myself. Very unfortunate... This doesn't happen when I have just storage, solar panels, batteries, etc. Only the habitat.

On 16/12/2016 at 8:23 AM, jj684 said:

Playing on Steam.

Built the Truck then put the large storage from the vehicle bay on it and tried to attach research projects which caused the truck to start glitching into the ground.

I have a certain idea that it is not the storage module that is glitched/buged but i think (i think) that the researchable modules have a certain wheight and that makes the car heavy.

I say this because i have a 3 car train, 2 trucks and a car, and the storage module was on one of the trucks, and that truck seemed to had gotten wheight put on it, the same happned when i put the researchable module from the storage module in the truck to the car, the car lowered, and seemed to had gotten wheight added on it

11 hours ago, axesdnd said:

Just adding my own screenshot of a flying truck, that I can't seem to be able to follow.

I just built it, attached a winch and a habitat to it, and logged out. When I loaded the save, it started floating in the air along with a piece of land.

Edit: After reloading several times, I fell through the ground, along with the truck.

ss1.png

This is because theres a glitch with Habiats, as soon as you make them either they place themselves when you relog, or nothing happends.

On 12/18/2016 at 10:16 PM, Rominiust said:

So it seems to be the habitat, as it just happened in another game.

Whenever you load up a saved game that has a habitat attached to a vehicle, it thinks that it's been placed, so adds the semisphere of black ground beneath it.  Since it's not actually attached to the ground, this makes it clip with the vehicle, and spin uncontrollably, either into the ground (for my second one), or into space (for my first).

Confirmed. This here just nuked my game from yesterday.

In my case, it got stuck in a huge plant. When finally find out how to release it, it started going very bad, almost imposible to drive straight, and when going "straight" the visuals still like diagonal :/ 

(sorry for the bad english, is not my main language)

20161221220905_1.jpg

I'm running Astroneer on PC through Steam.  I have found that when I press tab to enter the Rover Seat, the Rover drives on its own and flips over.  Same thing happens when I made the Truck, as soon as I enter the vehicle it flips over. 

Hope you guys patch this quick because I am looking forward to driving around exploring farther from my base. 

On Xbox one edition. Is the second time that happens to me, I leave the planet and when I come back saw my truck go under the grown to the center of the planet. It's very funny, the first time. Sorry for my writing, I 'm argentinian