ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

1.0.9 - Steam

The game will crash when trying to use the drill on a large rover if a drill bit (I've only tried with tier 3) and a zebra ball are attached to adjacent slots on the rover. Once the zebra ball is removed or placed elsewhere the problem goes away.

On 2/25/2019 at 4:47 PM, Savage117 said:

To summarize I can't control a vehicle while the front drill is active.

I have tested this on all vehicles, with all three drills, that can have a drill in the front; tractor, medium rover, and Large rover,  and they have the same problem. As soon as I activate the drill with the C or V control, it starts drilling the terrain in front of the vehicle but the vehicle will no longer respond to any directional inputs, accelerate, reverse, left and right. The drill direction indicator still works correctly and I can drill up and down or level without issue. The vehicle will still roll down an incline as if it were in neutral but can't be stopped or steered while the drill is active. Changing the control input from absolute control has no effect, the vehicle will still not respond to direction input.

This problem has made my first adventure to the core of a planet endlessly frustrating, I have to pulse the drill on and off in order to change direction, and I am unable to stop or slow down when drilling at an angle. It makes for a very quick ride to the core, but getting back up is near impossible using the drill.

I am having this same issue on xbox. 

I have build two big rover. When I charge the first rover it's starting to charge, but when I connect the second rover with the first then is the first rover losing all his Energy and the second doesn't starts to charge

Sorry for my english mistakes!

20190311122133_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kingscreed said:

I have build two big rover. When I charge the first rover it's starting to charge, but when I connect the second rover with the first then is the first rover losing all his Energy and the second doesn't starts to charge

20190311122133_1.jpg

20190311122955_1.jpg

I play exclusively on the Xbox One, and having the same issue. I have to turn off the drill before moving or changing direction. Also the camera view should be moved to the tractor hood. Not behind where every piece of crap is blocking your view. 

Posted (edited)

In 1.0.9 on steam two terrible things happen in multilayer for me

1. Digging around any rover will make it sink into the ground until it's lost forever

2. Accidentally attaching winch which is on rover to stuff on the same rover will make it freak our forever and run away from you into low orbit 

Edited by yami_san

On 3/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, Kingscreed said:

I play on steam astroneer

20190311122133_1.jpg

Hello, constantly your cars fail under the ground, in whole or in part. I noticed that only the wheels interact with the ground, we also penetrate the ground from the inside, I propose to focus the wheels not on one polygon (sphere) on the whole wheel, but on several small (spheres) along the edges, with a small distance between them, for example, one ball turned out to be underground, and the rest did not, when the movement began, he emerged from under the soil.

Impossible to ride with 4 big rovers. As soon as the fourth is attached the vehicle remains blocked. I play on one x. Other people have this problem?