ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

Please, Please, Please, FIX the Vehicles! The game is almost not playable with the current build. Its hard enough trying to get the vehicle across the terrain, let alone every 2 seconds having to mess with the vehicle just to get it to move. This was not an issue at release and has become the worst problem in the game. Please put it back to the way it was or fix the issue. I don't understand how this isn't the number one issue right now. The only reason I am posting this is the fact I really enjoy the game and want it to be great again!

Lets get this done!

M

1.06 steam version windows 10. 

When playing in multiplayer the host vehicles are extremely slow, but all other players can move a normal speed. 

1 hour ago, Oxej said:

I'm digging the ground with a crane, but it doesn't fill the cans.

Yeah noticed this too.

One additional weird thing. I left two piece big rover on one planet, went back to "earth". Once I flew back again, half of the rover was gone - it got detached and  just vanished. Half of the truck train was still standing where I left it.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:51 AM, Matt Soward said:

P... I don't understand how this isn't the number one issue right now. .....

Lets get this done!

M

It actually is. There is some YT video about future dev plans and this and one other issue were marked as critical on some kanban board(or whatever it was)

Issue with the scout buggy and tractor with the not moving after use seems to go away when everything is disconnected and reconnected had to do this a couple time in a row but got it rolling again. Have not had it not work yet.

Any one else having issues with the large buggy only going roughly 100 meters on a full charge seems kinda if useless to me.

4 minutes ago, corey oler said:

Issue with the scout buggy and tractor with the not moving after use seems to go away when everything is disconnected and reconnected had to do this a couple time in a row but got it rolling again. Have not had it not work yet.

Any one else having issues with the large buggy only going roughly 100 meters on a full charge seems kinda if useless to me.

I have an rtg on a single large buggy used as a scout vehicle, power never drops, repack and take it everywhere.

1.0.7 (Steam)

Tractor + 3 trailers = fine.

Medium rover + 3 rover trailers = fine

Large Rover + 3 L Rover trailers = STILL won't move.  L Rover + 2 L Rover trailers moves but add a 3rd and it gets 'anchored' 

Xbox one s

The large rovers trailers are stuck, when I enter my rover the first two want to move but the last two are welded in place, these bugs are getting extremely bothersome I thought the past 3 updates in like a week were supposed to fix this 

2 hours ago, macxeno said:

1.0.7 (Steam)

Tractor + 3 trailers = fine.

Medium rover + 3 rover trailers = fine

Large Rover + 3 L Rover trailers = STILL won't move.  L Rover + 2 L Rover trailers moves but add a 3rd and it gets 'anchored' 

Same with 1.0.8

from the 1.0.6 patch notes

Known issues:

Vehicles will sometimes not respond to input, causing repeated enters and exits before resuming normal operation (Update: turns out this might happen when other inputs are held while entering. Should be fixed in next week's patch)

When i read this first part of this i was like oh good i can play the game again, and then i read the 2nd part where you completely dismissed the issues w/ claiming it was other inputs causing the issue and then it became clear to me you guys don't play or test your game at all. 

And just as expected this newest patch that "fixed" the problem didn't fix the problem(and the patch notes weren't even properly updated for 1.0.6 as it still has the same exact message about vehicles not working due to inputs and will be fixed next patch).  Large rovers refuse to move unless you mess around uncoupling/recoupling them repeatedly till you get lucky enough for it to actually drive(since this newest patch i haven't actually got a 4 Large rover train moving at all).

TLDR: Large rovers still broken and won't move

20 hours ago, syn1k said:

TLDR: Large rovers still broken and won't move

Weird, it seems fixed on my end.

To summarize I can't control a vehicle while the front drill is active.

I have tested this on all vehicles, with all three drills, that can have a drill in the front; tractor, medium rover, and Large rover,  and they have the same problem. As soon as I activate the drill with the C or V control, it starts drilling the terrain in front of the vehicle but the vehicle will no longer respond to any directional inputs, accelerate, reverse, left and right. The drill direction indicator still works correctly and I can drill up and down or level without issue. The vehicle will still roll down an incline as if it were in neutral but can't be stopped or steered while the drill is active. Changing the control input from absolute control has no effect, the vehicle will still not respond to direction input.

This problem has made my first adventure to the core of a planet endlessly frustrating, I have to pulse the drill on and off in order to change direction, and I am unable to stop or slow down when drilling at an angle. It makes for a very quick ride to the core, but getting back up is near impossible using the drill.

We are having issues with our tractor with and without trailers falling through the world. The first time was when I parked it kind of on a hill and it fell down the hill and into the world. The other times, I modified the ground a little ways away and turned around to find it sunk into the ground and the only way to get it out (not having packagers) was to dig it into a cave system, but them when I try to build a way out, it sinks into the world again. Every time an area nearby is modified, it sinks.

I found an issue when you use your vehicule to dig in the ground, the vehicle glitches slowly in the ground, but it appear only when there's more than one player in the game.

4 hours ago, Flakes said:

I found an issue when you use your vehicule to dig in the ground, the vehicle glitches slowly in the ground, but it appear only when there's more than one player in the game.

This is known to also happen in single player. For now, beware digging close to your vehicle, as digging/drilling seems to "soften" the ground around you - at least for the vehicles.

Doesn't seem to make a difference which tool is used...

This also, for now, completely ruined vehicle-front mounted drills as far as I noticed.

Edited by neraulin

Bumping. It seems that for at the least 3 cart big rover trains issues are gone. But when I attach 4th one... it is always locked.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:46 AM, Aralia said:

We are having issues with our tractor with and without trailers falling through the world. The first time was when I parked it kind of on a hill and it fell down the hill and into the world. The other times, I modified the ground a little ways away and turned around to find it sunk into the ground and the only way to get it out (not having packagers) was to dig it into a cave system, but them when I try to build a way out, it sinks into the world again. Every time an area nearby is modified, it sinks.

I can confirm I also have this issue on Steam. Normally I can find them, but I did have a scenario where I wasn't around whilst the bug happened for a friend who had joined me. We found it deep underground in the end and on a previous occasion it was floating off into the atmosphere. The floating one happen before patch 1.07.

I also have had a weird intermittent bug over the weekend where when a friend joins my game, one or two vehicles won't load for them. If I save and exit without visiting that missing vehicle just before saving, which will be there for me and I can use it, the next time I load my save that vehicle has disappeared for me too.

The only other bug that I commonly come across that I hadn't noticed being mentioned in patch notes as still to be fixed, is cracks in the world. Normally they appear as a line between polygons that I can see deep into the cave systems below through. Some ground manipulation usually fixes that, but not always permanently, they sometimes come back next time I load in. The bigger issue is occasionally I get whole patches of missing ground, again this usually happens in co-op play,  and ground manipulation brings it back to normal. It's just annoying when you're driving along a road you've built to all of a sudden start falling through the ground and have to dig your way back to the surface.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stop playing, it's an addictive game, I'm currently building a road network, the trans transporter highway. I easily spend a full day getting lost in Astroneer.

Edited by moridianmess

1.0.7 Steam Win10 1809

three medium rovers in a chain with one seater, one medium wind turbine, one medium solar, large shredder, two medium storage full of scrap, and drill strength 3.

I fell down a hole and started drilling towards center of Sylva, made it to the gateway engine and landed upside-down on one side of a three-sided twisted purple structure; the top 1/4 of every vehicle was below top of surface. I left the vehicle and lower half of body was below surface. I was able to jump to the surface. I attempted to flip over the first rover and only the first rover moved, the other two stayed partly below surface. I flipped over the second rover, the third stayed put. As soon as I flipped over the third rover the whole chain jolted above the surface then disappeared. I have searched around for it quite a bit with no luck.

I am not sure if you are able to do anything with this;I am just bummed I lost all that gear.

Edited by mtecl

As I built eithr a Buggy or a tractor, they worked fine. But as I started "mining some ground", the vehicle started to glich into the ground and felt out of the map. btw. I collected some ground beside the truck. Like this I lost 2 Tractors, 4 attachments to that and even 1 Buggy.

Pls fix, Thanks

i had a truck of 4 bits long and wen i started driving the last one didn't move i don't know why but if it can be fixed please do it

Posted (edited)

Large Rover +2 Drills (Strength 3) in front + 1 L Rover trailer dig to cern can't control the direction (left/right) and slide around. Impossible to use it 👎

V1.0.8 on XB1 X

Edited by ÐαηκɵƼʘ