ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

>Doing base stuff
>Attempt to climb into rover to see if I can pull it with my truck's winch
>Climbs into chair, chair starts flying
(My guess is that the chair was detachable and, perhaps due to lag, it was detached as I was manipulating it - therefore, I was able to fly wherever I pointed my cursor)

Enjoy the video. I admit I had too much fun with it. I was able to fly into space but not land on any other planets. Occasionally, I would phase through different layers of the ground.

Also - the Retro Skin doesn't sit right within the vehicles. He sinks close to the ground, only his head is visible.

)

8 hours ago, D. Greer said:

>Doing base stuff
>Attempt to climb into rover to see if I can pull it with my truck's winch
>Climbs into chair, chair starts flying
(My guess is that the chair was detachable and, perhaps due to lag, it was detached as I was manipulating it - therefore, I was able to fly wherever I pointed my cursor)

Enjoy the video. I admit I had too much fun with it. I was able to fly into space but not land on any other planets. Occasionally, I would phase through different layers of the ground.

Also - the Retro Skin doesn't sit right within the vehicles. He sinks close to the ground, only his head is visible.

That's not a vehicle issue, that's just the flying chair glitch that has been around since day 0.

I was Exploring a crashed satellite when  I noticed I started to run out of oxygen, so I went to get oxygen from my Large rover, when all of the sudden, it sunk into the ground and I Died... Rip all my materials.... PLEASE FIX THIS

On 12/17/2016 at 11:33 AM, Ishvamal said:

Hello, 

I've been playing for several hours now on Steam Version. I had my first travel into space via the shuttle. Landed on the moon, picked up an unknown research item, flew back to my home planet only to find my truck and rover gone.

They were connected to my base. Truck had that large storage unit built onto the back and the three seats attachment. Rover had nothing on it at the time, but it was connected to the truck.

Love the game so far, but the my missing truck and rover are super sad face :(

DxDiag.txt

I had the same problem check underground directly underneath where it

was parked i found mine in a tunnle under where it was parked 

so at first, it looked like the trailers were connected to my tractor but as I drove away they came unhooked so i went down the chain hooking up my trailers and just before i hooked up my last trailer (the only one with stuff on it ) it disappeared (Xbox1)

Edited by Jalen perkins

I've been playing for over a year, so I'm not a newbie, I started on the alpha versions of this game, giving lots of feedback. I just started playing for the first time in like a month, so new to this version. In the first few hours of play I have lost THREE astroneers, THREE tractors, and two trailers that were full of research, etc. While simply tooling along towards my base when the ground swallowed them whole. If I managed to jump out of the tractor, then I get hurled into the air high enough to kill me anyway. Possibly two glitches working against me there. Because this happens while driving the vehicle, I have no idea how to avoid it. I am obviously avoiding caves, etc, while driving. This is a game breaking glitch, as I keep loosing rare resources and tech that it took a while to obtain and craft. FIX THIS! ASAP!

Edited by BrightSon2003
added details

I've had an issue with the way shuttles work twice now, where a friend who is playing with me either crashes or the game suddenly and randomly disconnects them shortly before they are trying to land, and, once they get back into the game, they are spawned back at the home base, leaving the shuttle and all it's cargo stranded in orbit for all eternity. I think a fix such as the ability for a host to force it to land, and automatic landing protocol that simply lands the ship at a landing site near spawn, or simply just making the person who was flying the shuttle attempt to respawn in it would be very helpful.

Xbox one version 1.4, unable to use rover controls and drill at same time, gas, drill, gas, steer, drill, coast n drill, gas and steering does not work when the drill is on. Tractor and medium rover so far.

Sometimes the rover doesn't work when you get in it, just slides around 

Played for hours, finally got the tungsten carbide bit for my drill, I venture out on the Ice planet in my tractor. I know it freezes on the ground, and all I have to do is dig a bit under it and I can drive again. Well this time it stopped dead, full battery mind you. I ended up digging quite a pit to get the tractor itself out, my trailers would have to wait. I walk down to decrease the slope so I can pull out my trailers. I am then launched into space, I alt f4 hoping things are okay. I log back in to find myself, the battery I found my new tungsten carbide drill bit in space on my person, I'm slowly, suffocating. I don't know what to do. Any ideas on how to rescue this save? Or is it a "start over" kind of issue?

I've been playing for over a year, so I'm not a newbie, I started on the alpha versions of this game. I haven't been playing the game since june last year so I didn't knew the updates.

I'm enjoying the game and so far there's a few glitches but the only thing that triggers me is the only bug I would like to be fixed ASAP is when you enter a vehicle to drive and it doesn't MOVE AT ALL.

I have to get out, get in and PRAY that it moves, take the out the seat rotate the seat run around in circles and do the "rain dance" and after a minute or 2 it gets moving again.

That's the only thing ruining the experience so far, great work you guys are doing.

KEEP IT UP :D

The large rover stopped working for me.

The large rover without any trailers works just fine but as soon as I connect another large Rover to it it stops working.

The wheels of the second large Rover don't turn and the trailer acts like it is glued to the ground.

This always happens to me when I connect on or more large rovers together and it is always the last one that acts liek it is glued to the ground.

So for example if i have 3 large Rovers the third on does not move and if i have 4 Large rovers connected together the fourth does not move etc.

Tryed connecting them without stuff on them or with a singel rover seat and the version for 3 people nothing works.

Edited by Ronon_Dex_6

Hello i posted in my own thread with exact details but every single time i play this game my vehicle at some point becomes immovable. If i exit to main menu that seems to solve it but nothing else does. The vehicle is not stuck since when that happens i am able to free it by digging away the ground. Additionally if i happen to be parked on a hill when i enter my inoperable vehicle it slides down the hill. The vehicle still consumes energy as if i am driving but it wont move.  Additionally the tractor mounted drill operates normally when this bug occurs. Judging by mumbles mumbles comment he is having the same bug. Please please please focus on this bug. This game is really cool but almost impossible to play when i need to exit to main menu every 5 min to keep on driving after picking up a research object. Basically the game is un playable when i start having the issue. please feel free to ask my any questions about this bug i can drop a log here to if necessary

Thank you dev team you made an awesome game aside from this serious bug in vehicles 

I have a feeling the issue i describe is related to vehicles sinking into the ground and disappearing bug which i have also had happen.

While driving I can not operate thr drill as it messes up all the controls for driving. Getting in and out of the vehicle fixes the stuck problem, if I get in and notice its stuck or starting to slide in in out quick till it works again, I don't need to exit to main menu

I am on Steam,

Rovers are more buggy the bigger they get.  When getting out of a rover train and getting back in, rovers get stuck/become inoperable and sometimes start sliding downhill. Tractors/trailers seem to be affected less than medium rovers, which seem to be affected less than large rovers.  The longer the train is, the more likely one or all of the rovers will get stuck. 1 rover gets stuck almost never, 2 gets stuck sometimes, 3 gets stuck ~75% of the time, 4 gets stuck 99% of the time.  Getting out and in sometimes releases the deathgrip of nothingness on your rover, sometimes it doesn't.  Oftentimes when the rover is inoperable, hovering the mouse over the rover shows a "flip" option, even though the rover is level on flat ground and when the key is pressed, nothing happens (the option remains also, even when pressed repeatedly).   Sometimes, digging a little bit around each rover can help dislodge them, or moving them by ramming one rover into another or disconnecting/reconnecting the rovers to each other, causing them to adjust position slightly. 

Also, it appears that flipping a tractor/trailer combo train can cause the train to start flipping/spinning at incredible speeds and then fly off into infinite nothingness.  

Edited by jordanmindyou

The vehicles are not working right when you get in your vehicle pass the button it does not go i think it as do with the save the game when you get in your vehicle the save your game then making the vehicle to go

4 hours ago, mumbles mumbles said:

While driving I can not operate thr drill as it messes up all the controls for driving. Getting in and out of the vehicle fixes the stuck problem, if I get in and notice its stuck or starting to slide in in out quick till it works again, I don't need to exit to main menu

Sometimes i am able to quickly get in and out of the vehicle until it works but that doesn't work every time. sometimes disconnecting any vehicles connected helps but not all the time. When nothing works it doesnt matter how many times i hop in and out it never works. i have also tried with and without the terrain tool selected but it didnt really seem to do anything. 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:31 PM, IGS_Live said:

When I'm trying to enter a vehicle, the game would crash. Every time for me.

Same for me......  When i push "Y buton" to go inside my small shuttle, !!!!bamp!!!!  Black screen and crash game.....

Other thing, even after the patch 1.3, more you play, more the performance is bad. The game is unplayable...

I don't understand why Era released the game with serious bugs like this. Anyway, i hope a futur patch will solve it.

(I play with Xbox X)

Edited by Al Sypiade

Steam version 1.0.4, win 10 x64
 - Beacons on moving vehicles seem to turn themselves off sometimes. 
- Getting into medium rover cabin with another rover attached often causes inability to control them. Disconnecting and reconnection back rover helps.

Steam version 1.0.4, win 10 x64

- sometimes rovers and tractors when i get in, dont start, like they are out of power. trailers disconnect reconnect wont work always, what work was if i get into another rover seat or habitat to autosave and aftert it the "dead" tractor-rover always start

- medium rover with one drill head in front , pressing a C, crash the game and drop out to windows destop

I'm just going to dump some of the specific issues I've been having with vehicles and some of the workarounds or temporary fixes I've found, primarily involving the Large rover for context. 

The main annoying one has been addressed, loss of vehicle control on initial entry into the vehicle, requiring repeated entry to regain control. I've found that running your character into the tires could potentially "dislodge" the tires in a train setting, or you could bump the stuck car by unplugging it and ramming it lightly, or Jack-knifing until you bump the corner of the car, not this doesn't work on the middle car if it gets stuck.

a few things I've also noticed is perceived as reduced vehicle horsepower in a multiplayer session, could appear that way due to the lag I get in multiplay while hosting. The lag and vehicle performance improves once the session becomes single player again. for the record, I don't think the lag from hosting is from my PC, it's not a server, but I don't think having 2 players within a close proximity of eachother would cause the game to suddenly dip to what feels like 20-30 FPS from a crisp 60 during single play

I've had problems with vehicles losing all friction while a person is sitting as a passenger (normally on a large storage module) if I get out, which can cause the vehicle to slide sideways downhill; solved by the remaining occupant exiting the vehicle. Another instance of friction-less tires occurred while running a 3 car train on Sylva, This effect persisted even after all occupants exited, it could be fixed by unplugging each section of the train, and reconnecting them. This effect could also apply to individual cars on the train, for example, the last car, the middle car, or even all three. One more instance is when drilling while driving in multiplay, lose all friction, will slide to one side of an slanted tunnel, remedied by toggling the drill when needed. exceptionally noticeable while burrowing upwards. This is not a glitch I've witnessed in solo play.

For reference, 

Game version: 1.0.4.0

Tech specs: i7-5930k @ 3.5gHz; 32gB DDR4 RAM; Nvidia RTX 2080; idk the make of my HDD, but it's a 1TB drive where the game runs from, OS runs on a ~250gB SSD

I love the game so far, I hope this info helps you guys make an improvement!