ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

Started a new save file after 0.9.0, no issues until my first save/restart with vehicles. Parked a train of three medium rovers inside my covered base, and upon loading from save, the train of rovers dropped through the ground into the cave system beneath. I didn't get a video unfortunately, I'm playing on Xbox.

It looked like the vehicles loaded before the terrain. I had two small rovers parked out front of the base, and the wheels were partly in the ground, but they popped out when I walked into the rovers. The terrain is nearly flat, if that makes any difference, and the layer that the medium rovers fell through is the thickness of the standard terrain tool without an augment.

Great game, thanks and keep up the good work!

I had large shredder on it, I then was attaching a medium storage while shredding stuff,.

The time aligned and the medium storage finished right as a salvage moved down to one of the original spots that should've been taken by the medium storage, this caused the medium storage to move into the center.

I can currently place items in all of slot spaces except the ones taken by the shredder and the ones pointing towards or touching the shredder

IAmSorry.PNG

When returning to the home world, after landing I could not find the large rower anymore.

I see somebody else reported a similar occurrence. Is the cause known?

Is it because the terrain loading?

- the difference from other previous landings was that the vehicle was equipped with a crane

- I moved the vehicle bay in a different place to build the crane on top of the vehicle

9 minutes ago, mardok said:

Sideways chairs on Large Rovers on version 9.0

20180729172310_1.thumb.jpg.15dff955a0df071fd8af6f82a7ec463a.jpg

press z or x?

I stopped my small Rover next to my habitat on the black ground that can't be mined away. I had a seat, a solar panel (small) and wind turbine (likewise) I saved by entering my hab and then left game. I came back a day later and loaded in to find my car with all things attached but I can't see the wheels because they are just under the unmoldable ground and the car is stuck. I can get in and out but not move. I can even take things off and on but the truck won't "Flip" like the prompt says. When I extit the vehicle it throws me up in the air (not enough for damage) and I land on top of it. 

Hi,

I'm a left handed player using mouse and keyboard. The directions are re-bound to the numpad. Navigation on foot works perfect however when using a vehicle Steering works as expected: Num1 for left and Num3 for right. But acceleration/reverse uses the default W and S keys. Not the ones I set (Num5, Num2)

On 7/28/2018 at 9:01 AM, Menzagitat said:

When returning to the home world, after landing I could not find the large rower anymore.

I see somebody else reported a similar occurrence. Is the cause known?

Is it because the terrain loading?

- the difference from other previous landings was that the vehicle was equipped with a crane

- I moved the vehicle bay in a different place to build the crane on top of the vehicle

Large rower with crane vanished again, this time on the arid planet. :(

I see after two updates and countless patches were still having clipping issues and vehicles stuck in floors on consoles.  Also why does pc version look different even the new videos on you tube pc players are playing with different models skins to there tools ? 

B1D97723-6F76-412C-8D9B-A89B2D7C6DC6.jpeg

54243B54-A8A4-4166-98A5-4D448D4335A9.jpeg

V 0.9.2.0

I change the W keyword by the Z keyword to my azerty keyboard. It's good exept for the vehicles, it dosn't wiork.

In version 10.2, I printed a large storage onto a medium rover, but it didn't attach. When I pulled the rover out of place, the storage fell to the ground in two pieces.

storagebug.png

Trying a second time seemed to work. The first time I printed and then saved and quit before hooking it up in case that's relevant.

info: pc, windows 10, 3440x1440 monitor. bug trigger: unknown; seems to be random.

i've attached an image of the problem; the astronaut - when in the medium rover (unsure if this occurs in the large rover) sometimes sits inside the vehicle sideways, rather than on the seat. it resolved itself randomly, but still seems to occur sometimes. hope this helps!

vehicle seat bug.PNG

Seeing vehicle issues, I just thought this might fit in here. The screenshot should give you a picture of what happened to me, just landed on barren into that rock and no way for me to solve it so far.

20180929193105_1.jpg

pc windows steam

large vehicle vanished

i had a roadtrain setup 4 large vehicle 

4 th vehicle large storage and large shredder , 2 th and 3 th full large storage all of those filled with medium storages.

first vehicle large storage 3 medium solar panels 2 medium batteries  on front small battery and  beacon.

they were all connected  and parked  for the next day .

logged in next day to see only first vehicle gone other 3 are still parked same position , same roadtrain .

this was on earth planet  . i flew to tundra planet  , made same roadtrainsetup there .

flew back to earth planet and on way back i noticed the beacons , green , blue  for base and habitat and purple for vehicle beacon

it s abit distand from the base  so i ll have to search if it s in the air or underground  , if i find it even with that beacon on.

I made a seat and had my rover plugged in. For some reason it let me place the seat on the side that was plugged in to my storage rover which caused the storage rover to totally spas out and the suspension and wheels were flying everywhere ? , also I will note this was on multiplayer and I was on my friends server.

Screenshot (563).png

Edited by Nesy_the_trailmaker

My shuttle landed on my rover after a trip to the moon.

This append on my second trip, all went well the first time.

558385103_Sanstitre.png.b682df76e9e483b04f83609da6499d87.png

Next time make sure "all" of your vehicle bays are clear ofcourse I only use one to build my vehicles and move it when I fly but it helps when you're on a two way trip also use a beacon if you're going to use a field as a landing pad so you don't lose a shuttle 

Hi all.

My son and I were playing and I discovered a bug, Long thread, not sure if mentioned previously.

I will upload a video to youtube later.
The bug will cause your vehicle to disappear.
I was the hoast, My son joined and he Could not see all of the vehicles. just the last carriage in a chain.

The first time we had the vehicle disappear, I asked my son to hop in a chair, and I then placed the chair (With him in it) on the vehicle (part of the vehicle he could not see) instantly he and the chair and the parts he could not seen by me, it all went into space. he could not see the vehicle, he was in the chair still, but in orbit or.... he had to exit the chair and wait till suffocation.

The second time. we had an even longer vehicle, he could only see the last part of the chain, I hoped in the front and started to drive, he then hoped in the back which was being dragged along by the front which I was driving. Then as I hoped out of the front (While he was still in the back). I was flung into space. He could not see the front three vehicles still. well, just the last part that he was in. And when I ran back to that location (After falling from space to my doom, relanding at the base, kitting up for a long run). all I found was that last part, The front three trucks storages and Loot were all gone.

Very Disappointing. but it is what it is.
Note to anyone. if the person joins a hosted game and can not see a vehicle (just the back part) reconnect to get it fixed. I wish there was a refresh button one could press when such a thing happens.

Thanks in advance. and Love the new 10.2 build

Bryce.

https://youtu.be/8sMDigPgfRM

Summary:
0.10.2.0 - Steam - Co-Op player vehicle controls are reversed

Description: 
When I am hosting a session of Astroneer, my husband's rover controls are all reversed and erratic. W goes backwards, S goes forward, A and D would behave erratically causing him to forward turn or backwards turn.

We tried quitting to desktop, messed around in control settings, and created a new session and researched rovers right away, but controls were all still reversed for him.

On the other side, when he hosts the game my rover controls are not reversed. Considering doing a reinstall on my system to try and resolve.

Platform:
Steam 

Version / Build Number: 

Same problem as the post above me. Controls are totally chaotic in multiplayer mode for clients, but only clients. Including in the newest patch 0.10.5.

Only the host can drive, it's impossible for others. We also tried several combination change host, client who built first etc.. With the same result.

Quite surprised to not see anyone related this issue except above me, because it did it for each of our game for some times now (>= 0.10.2.0 for sure). 

Edited by HiroShinji

Platform: Steam 

Scenario: all the time

Hi all,

I have a problem since 4 months and I can't play to Astroneer anymore. I'm a AZERTY player and when I re-assign forward keyboard button from W to Z (to go forward), I can't go forward with any vehicle. Astroneer without vehicles it's not Astroneer. 

Please fix this little bug for all who want to reassign keyboard forward button, so we can experiment this beautifull game.

Thank you and very nice work on this game!

Edited by Erasmo da Narni
Adding context

Further to Erasmo da Narni post on Saturday 12:07 PM -

I too remap my movement keys to UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT.  I figured out how to move the vehicle when remapped but it is still a bug and nearly unplayable.  With my key mapping, to move a vehicle forward and back I must use the W and S default key bindings, and to turn I must use my remapped LEFT and RIGHT keys.  All other functions except driving vehicles use my remapped keys.

Cheers,

Angthorn