ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

Dunno if this has been brought up yet.  Having a truck with the one man seat.  When putting items on the truck you may only start with the first two beside the seat.  If those are filled then you have to use the two behind the seat, and finally the ones beside that one.  This a bug or just not implemented?

In game stuff : A truck with 2 sits on front, and a big triangle storage in the back . Each time i try to stick a research box to it, the truck get glitchy and goes in the sky, with the wheels doing sort of helicopter things .

It happend also when i tried attaching 2 rovers to the truck, i lost it all cause it was flying, and making my FPS extremly low ( 5 fps ) .

I don't have screenshots, cause i deleted the save where it happend .

Computer :

Windows 10

16 Gb Ram

MSI GTX 1070 gaming X 8 gb Vram

I7-4770S 3.10 Ghz CPU

It happened again I got back from visiting another planet and I land on my home base and my vehicles sink in the ground 

So I made a truck with a solar panel, a storage and a one seat of course. I went into a cave, and as soon as I got out of the truck, it started to drive on its own. It was then stuck trying to climb a wall. Getting in and out calmed it down for awhile, but then I put a research thing on it... back to ghost riding. Anyone else see this happen? Know how to fix this? Thanks!!

So check out this FIG of what happened when I filled up my truck with research items. FeelsBadMan.

PC, Mouse and Keyboard, Steam.

This happened immediately after the fourth research item was put into the storage on the back of the truck. also on the truck are 1 seat, 1 solar, and 1 battery. It may also have been linked to a tether. 

The truck started flipping out, spinning, making driving noises, then floated away and spins in place.

Hello guys,

i'm playing with mouse and keyboard on my pc in german language (game bought on steam).

So the problem is: My friend and me built a truck connected with two rovers. We loadet every single space with storages or batteries xD

After driving like 10 m our car flew away through the sky and yeah it kicked us out of it. As we were searching for it, we saw that it was stuck in the sky.

Few minutes later it was completely disappeared and we never found it again. (Screenshot attached)

Next problem: While we were searching the whole planet our items in our base (which were just lying on the ground, not attached to anything) just disappeared ... so that was kinda ... wasted time gathering them all xD

Hope you can understand what i've meant :)

Greetz!

Der Truck.PNG

Twice now, after loading my save file, ALL nearby vehicles disappear when I check my inventory. There may be related to the floating items in the backpack. I go to fix the floating items, press Q, then things on the ground disappear. Other items on the ground have disappeared as well (eg. storage crates, a generator...).

- Mouse and Keyboard

- Steam, Windows 10

- Immediately after loading a save then checking inventory

- doesn't seem to affect things further away

- might somehow have something to do with the floating inventory bug as it doesn't happen later on after I have checked my inventory at least once, you have to load in again

I was lost for about 3 hours when i finally made it back home i came back in time to see my other train of rovers fall through the ground along with my drill and etc.

Here are pictures of my disappearing trucks.

First pic, before I exit the game ( I jump into the habitat save and exit)

Second pic, after reloading the save ( I load, exit the habitat, then get into position for picture)

Third pic, all I did was open and close the backpack.

Please note:

-The vehicles don't go flying away, they disappear completely and immediately. (teleports?)

-This bug affects all things on the ground

-I don't go anywhere and come back, this happens right in front of my eyes

20161219200148_1.jpg

20161219200323_1.jpg

20161219200330_1.jpg

5 hours ago, Peliex said:

Someone on the ASTRONEER Discord said that pressing f12 (The default Steam screenshot button) will pull your character out of the ground, next time this happens, give that a try, and post your results here please.
Thanks.
Peliex

Thanks Peliex, I'll give a go and report back.

That's happened to me a few times.

Each time I've just paddled around in small circles until I surfaced. While hoping not to put a foot through a cavern roof. >.>

Happened to me several times on Xbox One. I figure its about a 50/50 shot of falling through the terrain every time it happens.

2016-12-19 Just updated to beta build to test tethers since I was starting to get some lag.

After updating, exiting either the truck or rover makes it pop off the surface--- physics bug of some sort.

See video:

2016-12-19_17-13-57.mp4

@SES_Adam

5 hours ago, rolfrudolfwolf said:

i can confirm this

Why am I only seeing: "No permission" : "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it." in this quote?

Again wired forum software (and wired choice to use it).

4 hours ago, Huggies said:

Just a note, Happens to every save i have, attached new video. 

Sorry for not staying still when recording when i was Using Xbox DVR it would make the character automatically run.

ASTRONEER_(Game_Preview)_19_12_2016_21_31_16.mp4

And what is up with that I am unable to see these (video) attachments, how do I confirm the similarity to what I experienced?

1 hour ago, JackOval said:

Here are pictures of my disappearing trucks.

First pic, before I exit the game ( I jump into the habitat save and exit)

Second pic, after reloading the save ( I load, exit the habitat, then get into position for picture)

Third pic, all I did was open and close the backpack.

Please note:

-The vehicles don't go flying away, they disappear completely and immediately. (teleports?)

-This bug affects all things on the ground

-I don't go anywhere and come back, this happens right in front of my eyes

[snip]

I think it is because this stuff has either floated up onto the surface or down once cave deeper. Either way a bug and not really ideal.

Have you tried to bind your truck to your station(with these temporary connections out of front or back)? (just curious if that will improve game play till this issue is fixed)

1 hour ago, IceCold said:

Thanks Peliex, I'll give a go and report back.

I usually jump (spacebar). Brings me up each time ... I also did exploit that while I was digging into the core of the moon (to get out) ... flung me almost into orbit, though (could see the whole moon beneath me)

Playing on Xbox one, build 0.2.10073.0

Just built a truck, added a seat.  didnt move or charge it, was night time.  I put a solar panel on the back connection (not on top of the truck, on the back...)  game instantly crashed.  easily repeatable, tried it 3 times.

So something I've noticed is that after every patch the physics on the vehicles gets all wonky. Getting into them works OK, but then getting out the vehicles go flying. After a patch the items on my backpack are standing way off of the pack as well. The vehicle jumping wildly on exit seems to persist until I have reseated every item on my backpack. Also after the latest patch two of my trucks just took off into space.

Version 0.2.103.0.

Update: The backpack issue now seems to occur every time I start the game. Can confirm vehicles stop behaving badly upon exiting them once I've reseated everything on my pack.

Edited by exostroneer

5 hours ago, Torgado said:

2016-12-19 Just updated to beta build to test tethers since I was starting to get some lag.

After updating, exiting either the truck or rover makes it pop off the surface--- physics bug of some sort.

See video:

2016-12-19_17-13-57.mp4

2 hours ago, exostroneer said:

So something I've noticed is that after every patch the physics on the vehicles gets all wonky. Getting into them works OK, but then getting out the vehicles go flying. After a patch the items on my backpack are standing way off of the pack as well. The vehicle jumping wildly on exit seems to persist until I have reseated every item on my backpack. Also after the latest patch two of my trucks just took off into space.

Version 0.2.103.0.

Update: The backpack issue now seems to occur every time I start the game. Can confirm vehicles stop behaving badly upon exiting them once I've reseated everything on my pack.

Confirmed here as well, exostroneer.   Reseating all items on my pack stopped the truck and rover bouncing around violently upon vehicle exit.