ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

6 hours ago, Michael Kline said:

Update on my post, up two. Spent hours last night getting lost (my fault, but I wish there was a map or a better compass pointing home) and building a new base. Made a new shuttle, it won't take off either. Hoping the new update fixes this.

Ok. Loaded update 6.5 and just built a shuttle and filled it with fuel. I put an open seat on top of it and took off without any issues.  Are you using the cursor (left trigger) to click on the red launch symbol above the space ship?

07337F28-5953-41BB-81EA-0B76273E89A6.jpeg

New Rovers are cool and all, love the look and beefiness, but I just gotta say - physics still suck. Sometimes flipping, sometimes just sticking in - it is this that makes the game a little of a nuisance to play, more than the lack of content. Personally I would prefer a rover that stays still when I exit/enter rather than a cool looking one that flips all over the place. It is especially frustrating on Arid, when you have the drill (which also exhibits this behavior off and on) because you are on uncertain/hilly terrain and you must pull up strategically to in order to drill out a valued resource. When you find the right spot, and exit the rover to get in the drill - it just flips and makes a mess of everything.

Windows 10, Steam, keyboard/mouse.

Photos in spoilers.

Spoiler

physicsstillsuck2.thumb.png.2df083edb86a4e7696037a9b7884dfc7.png

Spoiler

physicsstillsuck.thumb.png.99d15d615de4813987083660dfca9ca2.png

Edited by BLEDHA
Adjustments

I drove my big rover into a cave. Everytime I jump off, the rover flyes away through the half cave. Until I lost my life, the rover and Items and I don't know where the cave is ^^

0.6.5.0 Steam: using a controller

Since this update, all vehicles are having physics issues. Exiting rovers, shuttles, and crane causes the vehicle to experience sudden downforce and recoil violently, resulting in vehicle flipping or jumping away from desired parking location. 

Medium rover issues.

Items stored on the new slots above power point, vanish into thin air when power is connected,  they don't drop off they dissappear. 

Large rover issues.

It simply doesn't seem capable anymore, it's been getting stuck at every bump or slight change of terrain,  it's power consumption though unchanged, seems to drain so fast.

You can no longer attach and use the drill head on it, the drill now goes onto the new slots (being able to fit 2 heads on) but neither one at a time or two,  are usable anymore. 

Also as commented,  physics.  If o have a drill head on the front, when I exit, the rover flips forward, if I have anything on the back, including a medium rover connected,  exiting sees it flipping backwards. 

Item issues. When attempting to place a small panel onto a medium rover, I missed the connection and release the trigger, this should see the item drop,  however, it vanishes into thin air, leaving me one panel down. 

This new update was interesting,  but in the short time I have played with it, it's left me more frustrated than ever.

Xbox one.

7 hours ago, BLEDHA said:

New Rovers are cool and all, love the look and beefiness, but I just gotta say - physics still suck. Sometimes flipping, sometimes just sticking in - it is this that makes the game a little of a nuisance to play, more than the lack of content. Personally I would prefer a rover that stays still when I exit/enter rather than a cool looking one that flips all over the place. It is especially frustrating on Arid, when you have the drill (which also exhibits this behavior off and on) because you are on uncertain/hilly terrain and you must pull up strategically to in order to drill out a valued resource. When you find the right spot, and exit the rover to get in the drill - it just flips and makes a mess of everything.

Windows 10, Steam, keyboard/mouse.

Photos in spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

physicsstillsuck2.thumb.png.2df083edb86a4e7696037a9b7884dfc7.png

Reveal hidden contents

physicsstillsuck.thumb.png.99d15d615de4813987083660dfca9ca2.png

Have you ever tried putting your crane on a chain of rovers? I keep my crane on a rover with a large storage so all the resources can auto dump onto there. I've never had flipping issues in my strip mine. Not saying it isn't an issue this just might be a solution.

Also is it possible the the rover is trying to return the user to the ORIGINAL exit from the ORIGINAL rover which would leave the player underneath the rover considering it used to be smaller?  

Xbox: prior to update 6.2 I had issues whenever I built a rover or a train of rovers...I'd walk away and when I came back I'd find the rover 50' off the ground and watch it come crashing back to earth and land often in a chaotic heap.  Have not built a train on patch 6.5 but did notice that when I get out of a big rover the rover seems to bounce around...have not had it flip yet. 

2 hours ago, SofterSocks said:

Have you ever tried putting your crane on a chain of rovers?

Could be a good solution - but I have only ever had my crane on a rover chain (or train, of course for collecting large amounts of titanium/lithium, etc). This still had the issues as the rover train could jerk away from me violently when exiting the lead rover and/or jerk violently again when entering/leaving the crane seat. The issues with the rover have been going on for me for the past several updates. Sometimes when I play it is worse, sometimes it is a little less exaggerated. Hope they get sorted out soon!

16 hours ago, VT_Mongo said:

Are you placing the drivers seat on the shuttle or on a large storage unit on the shuttle?

I've never tried putting a seat on the storage, guess I'm too much of an engineer to try it... But I have seen that it was causing issues and won't do it now.

To you other question, yes, I am using the cursor to click on the red launch button, the same that I always have.

3 hours ago, AvengerArts said:

I want to report vehicles being jumpy and flipping away when disembarking, can this be fixed quickly, please? :(

This is a fairly common problem. Low severity regardless of widespread, and as such is lower on the to do list... so to answer you question, no.

Edit: or at least, probably not. Soon is relative.

Edited by Michael Kline

4 hours ago, Michael Kline said:

I've never tried putting a seat on the storage, guess I'm too much of an engineer to try it... But I have seen that it was causing issues and won't do it now.

To you other question, yes, I am using the cursor to click on the red launch button, the same that I always have.

I was just trying to rule out a possible problem.  I built a shuttle on Xbox last night and only mounted a open seat on it and took off with out any issues. Took a tour of the solar system and took a while for the planets to realign so I could get back to my base. But no issues taking off. 

I've pretty much ignored the use of vehicles other than the Shuttles in the last few patches, so I was surprised by the new Base building on Vehicles in the latest update. I thought, "Oh Cool, they must have fixed those Rovery issues"..........Erm, Nope. :(

11 hours ago, Michael Kline said:

This is a fairly common problem. Low severity regardless of widespread, and as such is lower on the to do list... so to answer you question, no.

Edit: or at least, probably not. Soon is relative.

No? 

okay, can I know why?? :o

got my rovers going on a magical journey merging into one. and diving into the ground the depth that equals the length of the vehicle train. took about 20 mins to dig them out as they seem to be weaker and cant climb more than 15 degree inclines for some reason

Untitled.png

Everyone! Before a hot-fix that rolls out to hopefully fix the rover physics issue once and for all, I found that putting the one-seat on the front of the large rover and then driving in it from there stopped all the issues of the rover jumping completely when I exit. It also makes entering the seat less frustrating. Try it, and hopefully it makes the game playable while we wait! Also, it is kind of cool, you can fill the whole top with large storage this way. It was possible in the last update to drive from here too, but it didn't effect the physics.

Spoiler

frontseat.thumb.png.2bb6d245f9052e78b4577d5a0123e8b4.png

Edited by BLEDHA
Typos

I want to report an issue when I try to enter to a Medium or Large Rover. Simply, I can not enter to a Rover, when I am clicking on it (Pressing E), my Character pulls out his "gun" and I have to click E multiple times after eventually Astroneer jumps into the Rover. Any suggestions? Thank you

1 hour ago, covex said:

I want to report an issue when I try to enter to a Medium or Large Rover. Simply, I can not enter to a Rover, when I am clicking on it (Pressing E), my Character pulls out his "gun" and I have to click E multiple times after eventually Astroneer jumps into the Rover. Any suggestions? Thank you

I have this issue as well but sometimes you can fix it but viewing ur backpack or ur upgrade menu

1 hour ago, Warning Fucking Snail Internet said:

I have this issue as well but sometimes you can fix it but viewing ur backpack or ur upgrade menu

On the xbox I sometime have the same issue where the terrain tool is activated by accident.  With the controller a tap of the "X" button activates the terrain tool vs holding the "X" button while its highlighted on something you want to enter.  I simply turn off the terrain tool and make sure i highlight the object I want to enter with my cursor and then that usually solves the issue. 

22 hours ago, VT_Mongo said:

I was just trying to rule out a possible problem.  I built a shuttle on Xbox last night and only mounted a open seat on it and took off with out any issues. Took a tour of the solar system and took a while for the planets to realign so I could get back to my base. But no issues taking off. 

I guess I'll try resetting the Xbox without deleting games and I will try building in 6.5... sigh.

12 hours ago, AvengerArts said:

No? 

okay, can I know why?? :o

As I explained, it's a low priority for the designers. Yes it's annoying, and yes it's affecting almost everyone, but it's not breaking the game.

i have trouble with the large rover after the update, including jumping after leaving the vehicle, have difficulty getting into the large rover while holding E and nothing happens.  

I would like to add myself to the list of rover issues since the last update.

I got off it in a cave, and the random jump of the rover placed it on top of me. Could not move, so I got on it again ( takes a few tries because just pressing E does not work must of the times. I have to disconnect/connect the seat to make it work).

as soon as I got on it, Me and the rover went down through the world in a never ending fall. As interesting and fun as it was to watch, after about 10 minutes falling, I decided to dismount again. My toon travelled at warp speed back upwards to the roof of the cave I was in, but the rover with its full gear and loaded on resources kept going down to hell...never came back...

it it is impossible to place this thing strategically anymore...

and for all of you, bad boys, if you see my rover when you go to hell, tell him I miss him please...

Edited by iEMH

I have 2 linked Large Rovers, with 1-person seat in front left spot, facing forward. To enter the rover, I must be standing on the top of the rover (cannot enter from ground level) and when exiting, I am teleported to the area immediately in front of the seat, causing me to20180318090525_1.thumb.jpg.51694367eb30ba01ec009238939346d6.jpg20180318090527_1.thumb.jpg.d01701ca773e9e870d8e00c23548c520.jpg be sent to the front left end of the front rover and the rover to be shot into the sky. The problem persists with no objects one the rover. A solution is to put the seat on the front face of the first rover, although that looks a bit silly.