ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

I'm having trouble with taking off and going to space. I'm on the Xbox One and for some reason when i put the hab in the shuttle it will not let me launch/go in too Cursor Mode.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:29 PM, stuart pratt said:

in the 221 update i could not use my large shutle to lift off 

game played on xbox 1 

I'm having the same problem

On 11/23/2017 at 3:57 PM, DUBSTEP RA1D3R said:

(Xbox one) every time I leave and come back on the game 2/3 of my wheels on every vehicle are glitched into the ground, I have to drive over a hole to sort them out, it’s really difficult to move, hope it gets sorted soon very annoying... it might only be when it’s attached to the vehicle bay

Hi. there is a bug on rovers. when i save game or do something away from rover(s), rovers tires goes crazy. here is the bug image.CEE9AD7C42DA3ECED992DE94B2E9E4D8E2D5D488

0.5.0.0 - Steam - In coop session if my fellow flips himself together with rover, having cockpit below ground, he's unable to leave the rover. Freeing space around cockpit doesn't help. When my fellow does exit session, he disappears with the rover he is in. When i try to flip the rover, it's stays flipped upside down, but wheels begin to oscillate in vertical direction with amplitude greater than eye can catch. Eventually, oscillations fade.

Edited by Xanfus

Was playing today and several times my rover flipped over, luckily I was in game with a friend so they helped to flip the car back over. The game wouldn't allow me to flip the car and I was stuck inside of the seat. I think it's to do with the physics with the floor, my vehicle would be upside down but my body would be inside of the floor not allowing me to flip the vehicle and carry on driving. One time I tried to build terrain so that I could flip the car over myself as the seat was stuck into the floor. A good 10+ minutes and my car finally landed on the right side. Only a few minutes later I ended up stuck in the ground again but lost my friend in game, so I had to quit the session and lose all the items I'd harvested.

One other bug I had was when I exited my vehicle it flew up into the air and spawned in a random place. Luckily it was on the way back to base20180101172518_1.thumb.jpg.b1456bc36d28999c2f6f6ba967dd97f8.jpg20180101173805_1.thumb.jpg.cbd21060e96cc5b98762e9d4b28f837e.jpg

On 12/16/2016 at 5:08 PM, StormReachSeven said:

I noticed that this seems to happen due to physics reloading. I have gone off on an adventure and come back to find my buggy is stuck halfway in the ground, then hops back up into the air when I get near it. I flew my first shuttle, had a truck and rover. The rover was parked ontop of one of my station parts, the truck was out in the open. I launched, chose a new site, landed and checked the place out, and then went home with the shuttle. My rover was almost swallowed by the ground, I could only see a single tire sticking above the terrain, held up by the base piece. However, my truck was completely gone and I have yet to find where it is and (maybe) dig it up. (vehicles seem to be recoverable, so digging might reveal it and it can jump back to the surface)

I have been having this very Issue, PC Steam V -0.5.0.0 Log into to have ether the hole rover gone and in the cave under my base or stuck in the ground and have to dig it out. 

Playing on Xbox one, flipped my medium rover and was unable to get out, pressing x did nothing. When my friend righted the rover, it flew off into space

Steam - 0.5.0.0 : tried to print a large storage on a medium rover with already used slots (by a 1p seat). The large storage has been print on the ground. Then I printed another medium rover with large storage, and I got the first storage stuck in my rover+storage bundle.

Bundle is doing a weird sound and is moving bad due to the stucked unwanted large storage. Linked a screen of the result.

2018-01-02_005135.thumb.png.53c2270e073bf3c9c84cc3879f7f85bc.png

Idea to fix this : make possible to mount / unmount the large storage (can also be done for all rover modules -like the crane-) and make a tool to be attached to the crane to do this kind of work (like pliers or something like that).

Edited by xAt0mZ

21 hours ago, _captain.kirk said:

Was playing today and several times my rover flipped over, luckily I was in game with a friend so they helped to flip the car back over. The game wouldn't allow me to flip the car and I was stuck inside of the seat. I think it's to do with the physics with the floor, my vehicle would be upside down but my body would be inside of the floor not allowing me to flip the vehicle and carry on driving. One time I tried to build terrain so that I could flip the car over myself as the seat was stuck into the floor. A good 10+ minutes and my car finally landed on the right side. Only a few minutes later I ended up stuck in the ground again but lost my friend in game, so I had to quit the session and lose all the items I'd harvested.

One other bug I had was when I exited my vehicle it flew up into the air and spawned in a random place. Luckily it was on the way back to base20180101172518_1.thumb.jpg.b1456bc36d28999c2f6f6ba967dd97f8.jpg20180101173805_1.thumb.jpg.cbd21060e96cc5b98762e9d4b28f837e.jpg

The getting stuck in to the Rover that is upside down has happened to me now twice:

1st time: Co-player came to help me and dug around it and then walked on the rover and while my player got out at the same time the rover flew to orbit and was never to be seen after

2nd time: Co-player successfully rescued me! The player dug around and under me just enough that I actually could exit the rover with Tab and then flip it myself. (the screenshots are from this occurence as I had to wait quite long for the rescue and had time for taking nice shots)

2018-01-02_00h46_41.png

2018-01-02_00h47_05.png

Like I said previously, the rover literally flew to orbit. We found one of them from the orbit now. It probably stops the physics after it flies for a while and just stays there.

2018-01-03_00h52_59.png

When I am playing on my best personal world my backpack glitches out and I can't do anything with my back pack any more i can't take anything off of my back pack it won't let me

I drove my 3 rover truck into a cave because it kept moving during storms leaving me without o2 inside the cave when the long chain of tethers I had set up de-energized.  I drove it in a spot and got out and it looked fine.   I dive deeper into the cave and while mining the tether power goes out again.   I come back and there’s no rover.   It was a terrible way to die.   20 minutes later after making more tethers and hauling them all they way from my base (thank god for beacons) I look all over and can’t find my rover.   Eventually it shows up several hundred feet in the sky apparently glitched through the ground directly over where it had disappeared from.

0.5.0.0 - Steam version.

Played for hours last night (3 hours first, then 8 hours continuous), had two medium rovers and one large one. I linked all three at some point, but went with a one medium and large with a 1 seater. Left it out on the base, disconnected from base power, and quit the game via Exit to Desktop option after saving from the Habitat.

Loading the game just now, the linked rover disappeared. My other medium one with a seat I left in a cave near the base was still there. Went back to the main menu without seating in to visually trigger save game. Loaded the game again, I spawned right above where I dug the cave, went down and I lost that rover as well.

UPDATE - I found them underneath the base in the caverns.s

stuckrovers.PNG

Edited by akaru

Another fun issue I just encountered : I mounted a large rover and it started to glide with the wheels staying at the original location2018-01-03_233744.thumb.png.9f047e794b46cc4c9c206680540a147b.png

After that, I unmounted the rover and it bumped to the sky (the player body collided with the front wheel so it generated some kind of weird reaction physics). Hopefully the rover train worked an anchor and the rover didn't took off to the space. Same weird behaviour happened when mounting/dismounting the seat on the medium rover  at the end of the train.

Steam 0.5.0.0 - i7-4790k - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM

Edited by xAt0mZ

It all started with me driving into  what looked like a canyon, My rover and the rover connected flipped over after hitting the ground. I was upside down and I was prompted to press Tab. I pressed tab and the car fixed itself, except for one of the tires was stuck in the ground. This is where things took a turn for the worst. I tried to dig out the wheel and it disappeared. This happens with other objects as well like the marbles.

I had three rovers attached together I had 3 medium solar panels 2 medium and large storage and a one seat. The front wheels were detached from the body and then there was a storm that blew it around and then the whole thing disappeared without a trace. 

Hi, I was driving a vehicle as a non-host player in multiplayer and eventually i flipped my vehicle, but when i want to get out to flip it back, i couldnt get out.

This happened several times to only non-host players in multiplayer and the only way to flip it back is with the help of other user, or logging out, and then the host flip the vehicle normally.

sometimes the vehicle flies away when i finally get out with the help of a user, and its really hilarious.

Me trying to get out.mp4

I've been having a repeating glitch where when I'm in a Mountain Biome with a Rover. If I walk out of its physics rendering range, it will being to float up and freak out, then it will come crashing down when I get back.

Here are some screenshots to show what I mean:

20180103181354_1.thumb.jpg.42f73cc675e6a1e090f05ad9f6f8f3c0.jpg20180103180249_1.thumb.jpg.0821291d06f0b0ed9650f0cf0f72ebdb.jpg

Truck is flying away.  

Screenshot 2017-12-21 09.47.02.png

Edit.. Early Access (Alpha) - 0.5.0.0 ... Sorry didnt see I cut it off. 

Edited by Yindar

Hello everybody

My truck is obsessed with the devil.
Climbing through the caves, I once again built a bridge from one fault to another. By the same time the trailer on my truck-train broke down, but I managed to secure it with a winch to the wall. After 5 seconds I unlocked the winch and turned the truck over. When I tried to sit in it, it began to roll around the entire cave, he handed me a crevice cavern to the surface where I left the game. When I restarted the game (rollback save), I stood on the lawn past which I flew, but I could not see my obsessed truck anywhere.

So I lost my obsessive truck.

After a couple of days I decided to fly to other planets and when I stepped onto the arbite I saw the badges of my truck and the emergency lighthouse floating in space. How did he end up there ?, why ?, and how to fly to him without harnessing the second truck to the orbital winch?

So I found my truck. His obsessive flying truck-cosmonaut.

Here is a photo

P.s. I can not in English, translated Google

From Russia with love

20180104185256_1.jpg

20180105010057_1.jpg

20180105010059_1.jpg

20180106021739_1.jpg

20180106021741_1.jpg

Edited by Arrkarn

Summary: 0.5.0.0 Multiplayer Exiting Vehicle

Description: I joined my friend's game on Steam and flipped his Medium Rover a couple of times.  I wasn't able to exit the vehicle by pressing Tab when my projected character outline was in the ground.  So I was very much stuck.  My friend tried to flip the vehicle by digging me out and the end result was that the rover and I glitched up into the sky.  I was killed by fall damage and the rover was suspended up in the sky.  When my friend got close to it, it glitched away into the mountain.  The second time I flipped it my friend was able to unflip it with the Terrain Tool and I was able to get out.  Sorry for the weird font, I copy-pasted my system info from a Steam discussion :)  Multiplayer was a lot of fun!

Version / Build Number: 0.5.0.0

Specifications: 
CPU: AMD FX-8310 8-core 3.40 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
RAM: 8 GB
Drive: ST1000M003-1ER162 ATA (1TB)

Edited by Trenzek
Added last phrase.

I was going back to add the 4th piece of research on my large truck with a large storage built onto the back of the truck when my air line shut off that was connected to my large truck. When I got back to where my large truck with all my supplies had been it was gone. I also had a medium truck connected to the large truck with a large storage container on it.

First timer here, but it seems this is the proper thread to post this specific problem.

It seems to be that rovers, aspecially the medium rover, can get perfectly stuck on base nodes. I'm not sure what it does with the large rover, but the space between the wheels of the smaller rover fit perfectly over a base node. 

Added that it got stuck there in the first place through a glitch when I tried to flip the rover, about 500 meters the other way. The car vanished entirely in an inside-out pulling, midair dance. A friend came in later and stated that the car was there, on a node, which I did not see up untill he stepped into the car. 

At which I found it in this state. I tried getting it out with another rover, but it got stuck on the other one; notice the smaller rover with two small wind turbines glitched through it.

Glitches aside, could it please be made that you can't get -that- stuck on an indestructable base node?

I play on steam, pc. I usually switch between keyboard/mouse and controller depending on what I'm doing.

20180108130046_1.jpg

20180108130041_1.jpg

Summary:

0.5.0.0 - Steam - Truck Glitched Into Terrain

Description: 

On loading a save game, large and medium rovers are clipping into the ground. Driving them off a small ledge will fix the issue, as well as digging them out.  The large rover is also clipping through small base platforms with medium storage attached.  I have also had them get blown into a wall and get stuck, along with a medium rover with a large storage attached sink completely into the ground and disappear.

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 
Early Access (Alpha) 0.5.0.0 – Reaseach Update

Specifications:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II 6 core 1090T

• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

• RAM: 16 GB

• Drive: 160 GB Seagate 7200 RPM

sinking_truck_1.png

sinking_truck_2.png

base_truck_clipping_1.png