ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

hello,

I went out for a research hunt driving the large rover with a small rover behind. Filled up the small rover with 1 genarator + filter and research. Started filling up the large rover with research and headed back to base. A storm started coming in, pushed me so far back the other direction, i ended up getting shoved towards a cave entrance. Still trying to get out while the storm was ridiculously heavy. With the struggle of trying of getting out of the cave, i pressed tab and started to flip the rover, to then glitch inside the front mounted research. Storm was gone. Spawned back to base when i died again for some reason. Went back to get the rovers on foot. Large rover got zero graity. Managed to get everthing back to base and took a picture.... lol. Just another day playing Astroneer. Fun as ever. Great work BTW. Hope to see and play in the next update!!! 

bye :)

20171114113409_1.jpg

On 14.11.2017 at 1:16 PM, Slake1 said:

Managed to get everthing back to base and took a picture.... lol. Just another day playing Astroneer. Fun as ever. Great work BTW. Hope to see and play in the next update!!! 

bye :)

Do you realise that you are playing on the experimental branch? It is outdated and still has a lot of bugs that are fixed in the current main build.

Edited by UtopicVision

(Xbox one) every time I leave and come back on the game 2/3 of my wheels on every vehicle are glitched into the ground, I have to drive over a hole to sort them out, it’s really difficult to move, hope it gets sorted soon very annoying... it might only be when it’s attached to the vehicle bay

I was playing astroneer on xbox with my freind because multiplayer just came and when I fell in a hole when in a rover, he tried to dig me out and sent me no-cliping under the map and I landed in a cave which also flipped me, when I finnaly got out of the car and flipped it it no-cliped and flew away and we lost some good stuff.

Both types of rovers will float into the air if I am not near them and after a while the rovers will float into space and I cannot get them back.

I took off from the Terran planet, and landed onto the exotic planet, then I decided to lift off and go back to the Terran planet, while still in space I saw the large rover in mid space with the chain of smaller rovers very far from the Terran planet and when I landed back on the Terran planet the rovers were gone.

When you train vehicles together the wheels like to avoid the proper spots until you get closer. And vehicles are still very very very glitchy on multiplayer. To the point of vehicles randomly flying off by themselves

Every time I enter a Large Rover it glitches out and flips like it would if you tried to enter it while it was upside-down. After that I am able to drive it but its very annoying. 

Had a 1-seat open and one medium storage on rover. Preloaded 3 coppers. Needed one more. Drove away to go get. Come back and it reset the vehicle bay to rover and I lost my 3 coppers. Put on new coppers. Get crane on the rover. Drive away (with 1-seat open on - i removed the medium storage). Truck bounces like it's a Lada driving through a minefield. Crane falls off, and I cannot move it, or get it back on? RIP Crane 2017 never forget?

On 12/22/2017 at 4:48 AM, Hilton Perantunes said:

A storm came, flipped my 4 chained rovers. I've disconnected first rover, pressed TAB to flip it back, connected it to the remaining flipped rovers. Now my rovers are geostationary satellites:

ASTRONEER Screenshot 2017.12.21 - 21.42.40.92.png

Sitting with the exact same issue. Storm blew my 4 linked rovers over, when I moved closer I noticed the wheels glitching quite badly. I then proceeded to press TAB to flip and they shot up into the air.. remaining there for the duration of the game.

Left my rovers near the base, went in the cave. When I came out the rovers were gone.

Tried digging down til I found a cave, not there.

Can't see them in orbit either.

I spawned into my world, and my medium rover was attached to the vehicle assembly bay perfectly straight on. However, it was in the GROUND! I can't mine it out because it is in the black.
I seem to have lost that screenshot, but there is also this that  happened as we tried to rescue the rover. 

image.thumb.png.f61a559fe80df90425d4e105b6a659a1.png

G7pSjh3.png

This is the cavern that I excavated underneath the main cavern where I park everything before exiting the game, precisely because every time I load back into the game, all of my vehicles fall through the floor.

This time when I entered the game I was sat in one of the rovers that's shown here stuck in the ceiling.  When I hit Tab my character floated up and into the cavern above the one shown in this screenshot.

What I then saw would go a long way towards explaining why this keeps happening:  Much of the terrain had not yet loaded in, and I could see clearly through the floor to a considerable depth.

So I have to ask, why are vehicles being spawned into the game world, before the terrain that they are supposed to be sitting on?  Also, why is it my character can fall upwards when stuck in the ground, but both vehicles and unsocketed resources/modules fall down (Large trees fall up too.  Every time I've dug around their roots and they've fallen into the hole, when I cover the hole over they come shooting up out of the ground to lie flat on the surface).

20171226024918_1.thumb.jpg.3b548bcc7d0f6dc0dda43818ec249697.jpg

My friend's large rover flipped over and she couldn't get out so I dug underneath it to flip it over on its own. After flipping over, it then disappeared from my screen and apparently went flying a million miles into the air, ejecting my friend along the way and sealing her fate. Later at camp I noticed the flying beacon marking the large rover. It appears to be constantly going higher. 

Vehicle tags lift the rovers into the air.  The video shows that as I move away from the vehicle, the locator tags extend upward lifting the vehicles into the air.  As I get closer, the tags get lower to the surface and the vehicles drop back to the ground.  This appears to be a minor bug in the tag coding.

Astro-Win64-Shipping 2017-12-26 11-55-04-24.wmv

Just thought I would mention that twice now my medium cart trains have flown off into the horizon after exiting the seat. First time was a 3 rover train with just a medium storage, a few small solar panels and the seat, and the second time I lost a crane, two large storages (with one medium storage attached to the large storage), a medium storage with solar panels, and the seat. right before the train would fly off, I would try driving and one of the "links" was growing indefinitely instead of the train following along as would be expected. I hop out to try to re-make the connection and the whole train takes off into the air and takes off.

Quite discouraging to lose my whole train twice like that in one night. Think I'll wait for the next patch before trying again.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:48 PM, Hilton Perantunes said:

A storm came, flipped my 4 chained rovers. I've disconnected first rover, pressed TAB to flip it back, connected it to the remaining flipped rovers. Now my rovers are geostationary satellites:

ASTRONEER Screenshot 2017.12.21 - 21.42.40.92.png

I'll do you one better than that.

DD5DD7733AE87552A2E06441844401F24C46F4DF

When a similar thing happened to me, I exited the vehicle, and uh.......I learned how to free-float in space. ^ The rovers are just plain gone, along with everything that was on them. I think i'm about ready to give up on Astroneer again for the time being....

The most frustrating thing for me at the moment in this game is the steering it would be a lot simpler if the camera did not effect the driving and was just to looking around.   

1 hour ago, TrojanSteel said:

The most frustrating thing for me at the moment in this game is the steering it would be a lot simpler if the camera did not effect the driving and was just to looking around.   

I spend half my time driving backwards, because it's too much of a hassle turning around without a working reverse, and then you have the problem of falling into holes regularly, because you can be right on top of them before you know it, thanks to the short draw-distance for anything but the planet surface, and with no reverse you have no way to brake in time.

WASD/left stick = move and turn relative to the seat, mouse/right stick = move camera.  Is that really too much to ask?

So I was mining in my rover train, I jumped off a cliff and THAT (look at the picture) happened. When I tried to free the rover, it just disappeared.

20171229002950_1.jpg

Edited by GeT_DoWnRanKeD

I didn't see a report of this yet, so I decided to bring this up.  My buddy and I have this weird issue with the rubber banding of the rover.  The first time this happened we would literally drive a couple feet and not see our chain of rovers following the lead car just the cable weirdly stretch out behind us.  We would get out of the seat than see the lead car smack into or on top of the other rover.  Now this didn't happen a lot till just recently, which caused one of three affects the first effect is the rovers be bundled into one giant mess and the second effect would be that they would glitch into the ground leaving us to dig it out, The last one is a doozy again we would drive away then see the chain not following us so we would get out to snap them back together and clean up the mess, however, instead of rubberbanding back together or glitching into the ground it would lauch itself into the atmosphere never to be seen again.  I know what you are thinking to follow the marker.  We can't follow the marker because it goes so far it literally disappears,  we lost two rovers on the surface due to this effect of rubberbanding.

Now the second issue is the medium rover and large rover are terrible under torqued, to low to the ground, and tend to slip when it encounters w weird angle (I am not talking about steep angles either just a small incline).  We discovered the torque issue trying to get up a small incline where we didn't have a running start.  The low clearance issue is when we tried to get over a small hump in our path we got our rover stuck in the middle of it in almost like a seesaw-like position.  The last one is not only at weird angles but also during storms, we noticed when it came to a ramp a standard ramp suitable for us which us without the rover would cause the rover to slip if it's too steep, often fishtailing our vehicle and off the ramp into the deep below.. (again suitable for us), and just recently we encountered a storm at our base he got in the habitat and I got in the rover.  The rover started to slide into a nearby whole that we recently dug out and was about to cover causing it to pull apart then rubber band into the atmosphere.

Alpha 0.5

I created a medium rover with 2 1-open-seats on it. I was the only one driving at the time when it flipped over. I could not get out by pressing tab, I was essentially stuck. The only way to get out was to log out and back in again. I made a different rover with just one 1-open-seat, but when I flipped over with that one I was able to flip myself out by pressing tab.

Playing on Xbox one 

Love this game but there are so many bugs. I️ understand that it’s still an Alfa at least on Xbox but some times I️ rage quit.

My new base is on a platform off the side of a mountain and when the truck is on the platform and I️ save and exit the game and come back the truck is partially in the ground. This happens every time I️ play sometimes I️ can get it out by partially digging the driver out and drive out but the portion of the time I️ end up totally destroying the platform and the truck falling down the side of the mountain.