ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

1,038 posts in this topic

Small and medium rovers float away on barren.  See attached.  This has happened 3 times.  I am running v190 on PC.  

20170619153057_1.jpg

20170619153111_1.jpg

I loaded up my save game and spawned in my rover, as expected, and was unable to drive it, so I exited the rover and entered it. I drove a feet, then the rover started floating away into the sky with me in it. When I eventually exited the rover, I fell and landed on a mountain top.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvKwgMz8NXa2bX9H8eER9rr7xgU

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvKwgMz8NXa2a3M730VsdP5JNoM

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvKwgMz8NXa2bHwel3SqKO00g8g

When I use my rover to travel, sometimes I drive too fast, and end up in an area that I haven't fully rendered yet. If I do this and I hit something that I would catch air off of. Gravity doesn't affect me and I just fly into the distance with nothing to stop me.

(My temporary solution if anyone has this problem; ignore if you don't care) I have experienced this two times. And found that the best thing to do is exit the vehicle quickly and quit to the menu. It should fall to the ground when you load back in. But if you load back in and the vehicle is floating still, just build up to either touch it or get within render distance; whichever gets the truck to fall to the ground. 

72d1f5a1-21af-4c98-bddf-4738131af074.mp4

I have been playing since it came out. But bugs are driving me nuts

1. Saved game disappeared for a week, started new game... Then the saved one came back.

2. Gravity is crazy, truck just starts floating

3. Game crashing, three times today, on Xbox. I am seriously considering going away

(XB1)

At random intervals, my rover randomly starts floating, as if gravity itself has quit!

[Reloading the save fixed the issue, but it's bound to happen again.]

on exotic my trucks will be a little above the ground so they can not do anything. have not tried rovers on exotic or trucks on other planets.

First necceary info:

PC through Microsoft Store.

Keyboard and Mouse

Well... Lookie here:

595808b34b837_ASTRONEER6_30_201712_39_02AM.thumb.png.e4d1b9798eab2aec5215a6e2006ba80e.png

Now, I connected A LOT of vehicles together, so I am really to blame for this. But here's what happened. I have connected 3 medium rovers to 2 trucks (Large Rover) in an awesome train of 4 storage and a drill. I've noticed that 5 vehicles are the max before weird stuff happens. The end of the vehicle train loses gravity after the fifth vehicle as seen in the video I posted. Ignore the lady in the background. The Game DVR picks up all the audio I happen to be listening to. Now, I did observe it happening once or twice while with only 4 or 5 vehicles in the train, but it seemed random. (A quick side note: I've also observed any vehicle you are not currently looking at will float about your character's height off the ground and stick there. When you turn back to the vehicle(s), they become affected by gravity again and drop to the ground.) Now to how my train ended up in orbit, I notice the end of my 5 vehicle train was floating again. I tried several methods to reset it's gravity (Quickly: I disconnected the vehicle and did a quick 360 to reset it and I removed the second Open 1 Seat I kept on the ending vehicle. At one point, it seemed that having two driveable vehicles in the train caused the no-gravity effect.) to no avail. That's when the sandstorm hit. I immediately got into the head vehicle to wait out the storm. The storm then blew my ending vehicle into the air where the ending vehicle pulled the rest of the train as well. The storm continued to spin my train around and carry it higher into the air. After the storm passed, I found myself /quite/ high up in the air. I floated there for about 5 minutes till I decided the exit the train and quickly exit out and hope it didn't save. It did. So that's where we are in the above picture. Sadly the couple of videos I captured of the event itself were blocked by an error with the Game DVR capturing thousands of instances of my mouse which blotted out the video. Now I don't care at all about losing the resources/vehicles/accessories I had on the train, so don't worry about doing anything about that. You guys focus on this weird gravity bug. If you guys have any questions feel free to send me a DM or reply on this thread. Whatever works for you guys! THANK YOU guys so much for the game. It is really amazing and when you guys finish it, this game will win all the awards! This is serious, not sarcastic. I really love this game so far and I know it will only get better. And I shall do my best to help you guys tease out these pesky but hilarious bugs.

With great regards,

Valerea Orden

PS - Here's a clip of how sometimes a vehicle loses gravity.

So one of my small rovers started randomly defying gravity - kinda like this guy's.

On 6/22/2017 at 11:49 PM, undeadonly said:

(XB1)

At random intervals, my rover randomly starts floating, as if gravity itself has quit!

[Reloading the save fixed the issue, but it's bound to happen again.]

I had to grab it with a winch to save it.

Posted (edited)

Summary:
118 - Xbox One - Rover flew into the Orbit

Description:
As I drove my rover the rover jumpt up a little bit and didn't stop flying higher and higher until he reached the orbit of the planet. Funny thing I can still see him from space marked with the three little points.

Platform: 
Xbox one

Version:

Edited by Futoro

PC w/ keyboard and mouse

Issue: Vehicle bay allowed me to build a large storage on a medium rover(which had a 1-seat already on it) and after entering the seat the storage fell off...

astroneerlargestoragebug.png

Playing multiplayer with keyboard, mouse, on steam, this is the client side, vehicles appear to be crazily floating around, when the server player enter the vehicle and start moving, client side see normally.

There is one more important bug, server player drives chain of vehicles in a slow speed, while client player drives same vehicles very fast, server player can drive one vehicle fast too as normal.

KakaoTalk_Video_20170722_2245_19_572_mpeg4.mp4

Patch 196.

Couple of bugs

Random TAB out of the large rover results in death of the astroneer.  It has happened three times today.

I am sure you already know about the storms.  Don't be caught in a medium rover.  I toured 1/4 of the planet in a medium rover inside of a storm.  I hope this will be patched soon.  It almost makes the game unplayable.

Edited by Larry Stickletodd