ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

I was playing quietly when, after opening the inventory close to my truck, it's disappeared.
I come back on another planet, where I have other vehicles, I adjust the inventory and after this, all my trucks and rover are gone. I tried to look under the ground, but nothing.

yeah sometimes the storage containers also glitch upside down when they are attached to the back of the truck or an attached rover. This also happens when the storages are on the regular group, but it happens more often on the trucks.

7 hours ago, MADMAX94 said:

I was playing quietly when, after opening the inventory close to my truck, it's disappeared.
I come back on another planet, where I have other vehicles, I adjust the inventory and after this, all my trucks and rover are gone. I tried to look under the ground, but nothing.

You are right on the money, and this is exactly what is happening to me.  I tested these steps after my trucks starting "disappearing" and it's reproducible.

Open your inventory near your truck, and it seems like the backpack collides with the truck causing a physics force on the truck - launching either into space and somewhere else on the planet.

This just started happening for me with version Steam | Win 10 | Patch 0.2.10119.0

IMHO this should be emergency patched ASAP.

LostTruckAgain_1.mp4

While in the buggy I would randomly get kicked out of it and then also I was kicked out and fell through the ground and landed in a cave way underground and suffocated. This only happened to me once but a friend also experienced falling through the ground and dying after exiting a shuttle. Could be lag but I'm not sure. 

Through Steam

Every time either of my vehicles (truck and rover) would come into view, they would suddenly flip over, even when very far away. Every time I would exit a vehicle it would also flip completely over, causing me to sometimes glitch through the floor, or for the vehicle to glitch through the floor.

Each time the vehicle turns on its back I lose everything I had stored on it (not sure if this is a bug, or the developer's way of saying I crushed my stuff so that it was now unusable?)

Hey I was playing this game and my trucks are not accelerating or speeding (no forward movement at all) the rest works fine. Randomly i keeps falling to the ground

Playing steam offline  my rover will not move . The rover battery will drain but no movement. I tried to restart no luck, the game will not start the rover and having problems re connecting back to the moduel . I am playing on an old computer with an installed intel gpu the game is laggy but playable.O.o

Rovers and Trucks get stuck on tethers. This is probably an intentional interaction but all it seems to do is decrease enjoyment? 

When removing ground beneath rover, rover suddenly flipped. 

Cannot remove crane. Very frustrating. 

I got the Truck. Named her Bess. Very attached. Then, I put an extra 1-seat on for my friend. We hop in, and Bess goes crashing through the ground. We have no idea where she went, very very sad. :(

i died with two trucks in a cave found them again with my third truck ran out of power went to grab some yellow power crystal turned around all three were gone died respawned and they were floating in space

Flying rover ! 
I've created a rover on my moon base. Then leave the moon. When i went back ... the rover was missing ... 
.. no .. wait ... it wasn't missing ... it was flying !!! 

Tried to create another rover. 
Now i have 2 rover flying high in the moon' sky :D

20170203231102_1.jpg

My friend and me were playing Astroneer on the Xbox One and she was driving a rover train and then it glitched where she was fazed into a cave and the rover train flew up into the sky and stayed up there. We put over 20 hours in that map and we lost our rover train full of resources. Then when I drive my truck to pick her up it too glitch and went up into the sky and got stuck there too. I did walk under it and it started to move away from and it started to desend from the sky. I got my truck back but my rover is still stuck in the sky. I hope you will patch this bug so driving vehicles are not such a risk use.

1. I built two trucks with storage and when placing resin in one of the available slots I could never take it off or select it again. It was the rear, bottom, driver's side slot of the front truck's storage that was glitched.
  2. I had two vehicle bays, one with a shuttle and one with a spaceship. I took off in the shuttle and when it returned a) it did NOT land in the open vehicle bay slot, but landed directly in/on the spaceship, pushing the spaceship aside, when it should have used the open bay! b)  I chose to take off in the shuttle again, hoping it was a video glitch but the spaceship legs were still touching the shuttle, so it got hooked onto the shuttle and came into space as well, then drifted off the shuttle to get stuck in orbit with no way to retrieve it.

Hi guys..

Look, I have this problem. I had a Vehicle Bay and I made a Shuttle, everything was workin fine til realized that I couldn't make any more vehicles there.
No problem about that, I decided to make another Bay, after making every single attachment for terrestial vehicles I unlocked the Spaceship, so, I did it. But EVERY TIME I land again, after others planets research, it lands on the first Bay. So there're two vehicles on the same spot that I can't move.

PSD: I thought that I can make a crave over the Shuttle, but it's completely useless.

I use the Xbox One version, FPS are terrible sometimes.

Sorry my english skills. Colombian gamer lovin ur game. Your game have made me switch over Gears of War 4!

1 hour ago, Fernando Lopez Rios said:

Hi guys..

Look, I have this problem. I had a Vehicle Bay and I made a Shuttle, everything was workin fine til realized that I couldn't make any more vehicles there.
No problem about that, I decided to make another Bay, after making every single attachment for terrestial vehicles I unlocked the Spaceship, so, I did it. But EVERY TIME I land again, after others planets research, it lands on the first Bay. So there're two vehicles on the same spot that I can't move.

PSD: I thought that I can make a crave over the Shuttle, but it's completely useless.

I use the Xbox One version, FPS are terrible sometimes.

Sorry my english skills. Colombian gamer lovin ur game. Your game have made me switch over Gears of War 4!

Hi Fernando. 
If you have more than one or more construction bay you can select (quite difficoult but you can) where to land. 
Another way is to place a beacon quite far from the bay and choose it when you want to land (you'de see more than one blue semisphere when you try to land)

I have been experiencing and issue with my truck and two trailers i have attached now when i exit them and open my inventory my vehicle skyrockets and slings back and forth i can no long retrieve my truck its now just spinning in space. 

Xbox One

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:00 PM, Northstarranger said:

Playing steam offline  my rover will not move . The rover battery will drain but no movement. I tried to restart no luck, the game will not start the rover and having problems re connecting back to the moduel . I am playing on an old computer with an installed intel gpu the game is laggy but playable.O.o

Sorry about the re quote .... Second world same problem Running on an old system

Summary: vehical Will not answer commands and refuses to move

Description:  second world generation after a hour away come back to game and the truck / rover will not answer control move .

Platform:
Steam / XBox One / Windows 10 Store             steam  / offline mode

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

•   intel r Pentium r
  • CPU:  n3530
  • GPU:  2.16
  • RAM:  4.00 gb
  • Drive: 

. Wifi  !500 max at 54/52 mb transmission rate

Summary:

119 - Steam - Truck WTF

Description - single seat placed on truck body makes it go nuts as soon as I get in. Habitat placed on truck body has same effect. Truck can be pulled normally until underground where it causes the towing part to disappear underground at inopportune moments.

Platform: Steam

Specs:

• CPU: Intel i5-2400 3.1 GHz
  • GPU: Radeon RX 460
  • RAM: 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600HZ

Playing on Xbox one, every time I get out of my trucks, they pop up as though they were in the terrain. Before this, I had to restart the game because I was unable to move the truck forward, though I could drive it backwards. Before any of this started, I tried the grapple, attached to the truck and hooked to the ground. I drove until the grapple detached, then a minute later I closed the game. Detaching/attaching rovers has no effect on the bug.

Video of the bug

Edited by john ward
Embed link didn't work.

On Xbox One, built a spaceship and started losing it up with resources. I added large storage on both sides, then attached multiple normal-sized storage, battery, solar panel, and a hab.  

When trying to take off, the launch button appeared above ship but I couldn't select it (also couldn't go into cursor mode with L trigger).

After this, I tried adding a seat (from rover/truck) and tried taking off again.  This time, I could select the launch button, and the cursor changed to the circling three dots when over it, but I still couldn't launch.

I also noticed that the vehicle bay's menu was available to build new components to the ship, although the crane from the vehicle bay was folded away (the text was upside down as well).

Since it was allowing me to build more, I tried building a 1 seat module (thought maybe it would possibly occupy two vacant shaves on the storage).  The 1 seat module successfully was built, but then dropped to the surface below the ship.  After this, I could not enter the newly built 1 seat module.  So, shuttle still was not able to launch.

Love the game so far, keep up the great work on this!  Hoping an upcoming update allows players to deconstruct/destroy built components to hopefully remedy the above issues.

Was playing multiplayer with a sibling, whenever I tried to drive a rover, it wigged out and would crash, sometimes leaving me deep in the planet somewhere.