ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

As in title. When you land back at base from being in space, if any vehicles are near the landing pad they fall under the map. 

Im also having issues with FPS.

Any ideas on when this will be corrected? 

Thanks 

So since my base is in the middle of nowhere I have to take lager trips out into the wilds to get my research done.

I usually drive with a rover (because I don't have a truck yet). One rover which drives and that has a solar panel on the back and that one is pulling the 2nd rover. I put research artefacts on that one.
Yesterday everything worked just fine, I could drive easily only the rocks stopped me .

But today (beta version) my rover kept stuck in the ground even though there was nothing. Sometimes the ground was as smooth as a babys bottom and sometimes it was a big "curvy". I didn't matter what the ground looked like. The Rover kept stucking in the ground slowing the process tremendously. I kept flipping out before quitting. I ain't gonna play this game until this is fixed is2g.

Idk if I'm the only one having this problem but it sucks ass.

I made a video about it (PlaysTV)

I found that certain large research items will cause the truck to go screwy on the Vehicle Bay made extra storage. Not all of them. I cold load and drive 1 without any problem (except a slight weirdness when I got out of the truck), but when I got a different one (whether or not I had the other behaving one) then it got screw again.

So,  it doesn't happen all the time, just most of the time.

I managed to floor it straight after loading a save away fmo the base, once i got it more than 10 meters away it was ok to use

Then on i didnt take the buggy close to the base parked it 50m away

Hi I noticed this bug in the landing of my ship... see how it lands on top of another ship.

Video XB1

Edited by dvx

So I tried to record a video of it but it didn't save. The anomaly is gone now, it literally shrunk in size taking the truck with it till all that was left was a little tiny spec of black in the sky. Weird.

Just now, eightnine said:

That's not a bug, it's a feature! Underground automatic parking. xD

ahahah yes!

Friend sat in a seat. I removed the Seat they are now stuck in the seat. They can't get out. And I can't move the seat.

When I put the storage that you make from the vehicle bay onto my truck whenever I try to put research on to it it bugs out and starts to drive on its own or fly away far into the sky

Windows 10, Steam, mouse/keyboard

I had built a "train" which consisted of a truck leading two rovers. I had 2 storage areas on truck and rover and power gen/battery on one rover. Anyway all my storage was full and I found a research item, I was thinking about which item to leave behind while "holding" the research item when I noticed the selection marker appear for the truck's connection port. I clicked without thinking with the research item and it attached the research item to the join connection of the truck, and then crashed the game. I have emailed crash logs separately.

Yeh this happened to me just after I bought the game on release.  Not tried it since.. was an instant ctd.

Previous patch fixed this, has the game been patched again? If so maybe re added the bug, which versions are you using?

Fantastic game, really enjoying it, however it is slightly irritating that the truck/rover disappears when you come back to the planet. I cant tell if this is a bug or on purpose so im posting it here. 

Playing on Xbox when i noticed this.

On 2016-12-17 at 5:35 PM, Redferrari1225 said:

It helped me

I also notice that storage pieces do not affect the rover.

Also do not keep your trucks and rover connected when u leave the planet they may get stuck in the upper atmosphere

Oh well I'm happy for you :-) 

Yeah I the rover seems to be working. Atm I'm driving the truck while having a rover with a big storage unit attached to it. Works OK but really fiddely. 

Thanks for the tip Lol.

XB1  Build 0.2.10073.0

I found my rover about 2 caves down when i re-spawned in the ground below my habitat. Been missing for 2 days now. Have no clue how to get it back to the surface... easily.

2 hours ago, Tmed1998 said:

When I put the storage that you make from the vehicle bay onto my truck whenever I try to put research on to it it bugs out and starts to drive on its own or fly away far into the sky

I ran into this exact bug. But only with a very specific type of 'wild' or 'natural' Research item. Not the techy looking ones.  And it only happened when placed on the 'Expanded Storage' rack on a Truck. Not a rover. 

Took video of it. Have not replicated it since Saturday with the latest build however.