ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

On 1/7/2017 at 7:50 PM, Zaclennard1 said:

Built a shuttle and now that i have flown it once and landed it back at my base, it wont let me connect it back to my base. It has a blue outline but it just wont let me connect it. Tested it on the rover and that connects fine so it must be a glitch with the shuttle. :/

I have the exact same problem, and I think I know what causes it. My shuttle was fine, and able to connect to my base, and create new base modules off of it using it's one connector. However, then I flew to Barren, landed and created a research table with it. After that, I could not disconnect the tube leading to the research table from the shuttle. After researching multiple artifacts, I took off again in my space shuttle, and the tube disconnected. However, when it disconnected, it did not withdraw to the shuttle or to the research table, it just disappeared. After that, my shuttle's port does not work anymore, even when presented with open land in front of it. It also did not reconnect with the research table previously mentioned. I think that it's a glitch or an event that never got coded in.

I was playing on windows 10,

With the version from Steam,

Version 0.2.117.0

To replicate it, send a shuttle to Barren, or any other planet, build a station off of it's connector, and then launch without disconnecting (I don't think you can disconnect the base modules). You should get the same problem as me.

Everytime I leave my vehicle alone, I come back to it halfway in the ground. Then it shoots right up once I get with in a short distance of it. That would be ok if it was just that. However, I decided to leave my world so I could see more things. And as soon as I got back, I wanted to use my truck. But when I got to a short distance away from it, my truck and my crane ( attached to it) sunk immediately into the ground under my base. And I can't dig it up. Please fix this glitch. 

System: Xbox One

I can't print any addon to my spacecraft.

How to recreate the bug:

1. Build a spacecraft (the bigger one)

2. Drive a heavy truck to crash straight to the spacecraft and make it flip over around 90 degree(lay down)

3. Print a heavy lifting part

4. The part will not able to attach to the spacecraft then it break in parts.

5. I cannot use the selection tool to re-attach the heavy lifting part on the spacecraft at this point.

6. I printed a single seat and tried to flight it and make it back to the standing position. But I realized that I can't land it back to printing dock which make this spacecraft as a transporter only.

I have to say this a amazing game. I have played it now for 8 hours and I will tell you that is starts glicking when you are trying to carry back to your Base. Vehicle problems is that my truck as I drive it around the planet doesn't want to load in the surroundings. I think it's just cuz my stuff is slow but if the controls for driving would be something more long the line as pulling the trigger instead of telling the guy to walk forward. But other then those few things so far is what I have to say about the game, I will play this a lot now, I will say stuff that I am see or having happen to me. But other then that I will have to say thank you so much for what you have done with it so far.

Edited by Roperambo2013

On at least two occasions in multiplayer, I and the other "remote" player (we and the host live in the same house) at different times were either driving a truck in a tight, rocky area or trying to get the truck to flip over in a such a space, and found both ourselves and the truck flung high into the sky. Strangely, we both landed safely but the truck just vanished (or seemed to; it may have landed elsewhere on the planet but if so we haven't yet come across it). This happened to be me on two separate occasions.

Okay So I managed to get footage of this horrible bug, I devoted my youtube title to this because of how bad it was. I noticed the wheels flew off just before everything went bad.

Watch 2:34:33 to see the truck fly. OH and by the way, Im still struggling to find it again xD

I am playing on Xbox version 117 and I returned to Terran after a brief visit to Exotic to find my truck missing. I had left it connected to a platform. I dug down under where it was standing and couldn't find it in any cave. Usually I find that if I leave a vehicle connected to the base, at least I can follow the connector down to where it has fallen through the ground. This time the cable had disappeared too. Disappearing trucks are the most frustrating bug for me. I wish this could be fixed.

when i play this great game,i feel so sad cause when i was driving my car very happy my cars ALWAYS/EVERYTIME suddenly fly to the sky then i die and my car lost in the mountain.

So when I accidentally set off the dynamite in my backpack while standing next to a truck - rover train that was fully loaded with research pods (9 in this case),  I re-spawned in my last saved base but when I went back my rover was nowhere to be seen. Decided to use my shuttle to explore the system a bit more, and I found my lost rover train! 

1. Mouse/keyboard
  2. Steam
  3. What were you doing leading up to this bug? Stood next to the rover train and detonated the dynamite in my backpack. 
  4. Fully loaded truck - rover train with a research pod on the front of the truck. Exit the vehicle and open backpack, then detonate the dynamite without removing it first. 

Off to OZ.png

I read through the first several pages of this thread and didn't see the issue I'm experiencing.

I started playing two days ago and had no issues with vehicles until I built a truck. Until yesterday afternoon I had one rover with a solar panel and a seat (that I found, did not craft), and built two other rovers to tow around and collect research artifacts with one cargo rack between all three vehicles. I used the rovers in various situation with out issue including scavenging a solar array and a few mining trips into my local cave. 

Then I built a truck and switched the seat I scavenged from my rover to my truck, and now whenever I enter a vehicle the physics freak out and cause the vehicle to flip into the air randomly. The severity of the freak-out varies, but most times its bad enough to eject me from the seat which makes it impossible to use the vehicle. In the cases where I can enter the vehicle without being immediately ejected the physics freak-out often occurs when I exit the vehicle as well. 

I tried moving my seat back to the rover, and now the rover behaves the same way. I tried two of the rovers. I tried with nothing but the seat attached (on both rover and truck). I tired restarting the game multiple times.  The issue persisted in all cases. 

Tonight I will craft a new seat and see if that addresses the problem. I'm suspect of my scavenged seat, but I really have no idea what caused the issue. All I do know is that it didn't show up until I crafted the truck and tried to drive it.

Playing on Xbox One, and I just returned to base on Terra (haven't been to other planets yets) and I hooked my truck/train to my vehicle Bay and I turn around for a couple seconds and when I look back my vehicles are flying into orbit. Tried chasing them down but they just move away from me when I get too close. Other than that been a great experience so far.

20170118_101654.jpg

20170118_102013.jpg

I am playing coop with a friend and we are in different vehicles. When one of us gets out of the vehicle the other one's vehicle also stops. Then you have to exit and enter the vehicle again to drive again.

On January 15, 2017 at 5:36 AM, Core Breach said:

Me and my brother dig under the base and whenever trucks go below the base we have a tunnel to get them back on the surface. At least we dont loose them like this anymore. But around 40 lost flying in space. We managed to build a mountain to get one back drifting far above in air.

That's what I ended up doing, thanks for the tip. 

I have had rovers either hunker down and refuse to move or vanish on me totally.  Two suddenly jumped into the air.  I did learn that if a rover hunkers down or vanishes I just do the old CTRL+ALT+DEL key bit and stop the game.  Go back in and the rovers are driveable or reappear.  The problem in part seems to be a key press issue.  Sometimes by accident press the Q key just as I get out of the rover and then things happen.

Hi,

I have issues landing spacecrafts back in home base. When landing a craft in a base with more than one vehicle bay, the game shows multiple landing points too close to each other and makes it difficult to choose. Additionally, if I only have one or two vehicle bays and land one one that's occupied, the vehicle in the occupied bay disappears.

I propose that if the game detects if there is only one bay and it's occupied, the game automatically "parks" the spacecraft in the open a short distance from the base temporarily. If there is more than one bay, the game chooses the next open bay to park the spacecraft.

I'm also a bit concerned about my missing spacecraft, I have three vehicle bays in the game and accidentally landed a spaceship in a bay that is occupied by a shuttle, and now the shuttle has disappeared.

Edited by RAMChYLD

On 1/18/2017 at 10:17 AM, duder said:

I started playing two days ago and had no issues with vehicles until I built a truck. Until yesterday afternoon I had one rover with a solar panel and a seat (that I found, did not craft), and built two other rovers to tow around and collect research artifacts with one cargo rack between all three vehicles. I used the rovers in various situation with out issue including scavenging a solar array and a few mining trips into my local cave. 

Then I built a truck and switched the seat I scavenged from my rover to my truck, and now whenever I enter a vehicle the physics freak out and cause the vehicle to flip into the air randomly. The severity of the freak-out varies, but most times its bad enough to eject me from the seat which makes it impossible to use the vehicle. In the cases where I can enter the vehicle without being immediately ejected the physics freak-out often occurs when I exit the vehicle as well. 

I tried moving my seat back to the rover, and now the rover behaves the same way. I tried two of the rovers. I tried with nothing but the seat attached (on both rover and truck). I tired restarting the game multiple times.  The issue persisted in all cases. 

Tonight I will craft a new seat and see if that addresses the problem. I'm suspect of my scavenged seat, but I really have no idea what caused the issue. All I do know is that it didn't show up until I crafted the truck and tried to drive it.

I loaded my save last night to test a crafted seat, but I needed some compound to make it so I stubbornly fiddled with my truck until it let me stay in the vehicle upon entering. After locating and collecting some compound a distance from my base I attempt to re-enter and it had the freak-out of all freak-outs. The truck suspended in mid-air spinning violently in a barrel roll motion, with me still in it! I let this play out for about 20s and it was clearly stuck in this loop, and only stopped once I manually exited the vehicle. After that the strange behavior stopped completely. Exiting and entering the truck worked as normal, and when I got back to base I tried it on the rover with the same results. The issue just stopped occurring after that one epic barrel-roll. I never ended up using the seat I crafted.

I have since started a new game and built a rover, seat and truck. All working as expected in the new save so far. No idea what caused the issue or what resolved it.

I have had one rover and one truck 'dissappear" on me.

This is what happened both times. I was driving along and pressed tab to exit the vehicle. I then immediately pressed Q to open my back pack. I then noticed that the vehicle that I was standing in front of was no longer there. The truck I found floating very high in the air and am in the proceess of building a ramp to get it back. the rover jumped up the slopes of a mountain. When I got close to the rover it fell through the mountain. ??? Who knows where it went.

20170118214930_1.jpg

20170118220610_1.jpg

First of all thank you for this game. I also have this probelm but i have a base above a cave. every time i flight into space and come back, my truck disappears. but then i went on the cave and it was there. every time the same thing happens when i go into space. but its not lost, its just below the ground level. should be an easy fix.

Also when i go

Just now, Foxnyc said:

First of all thank you for this game. I also have this probelm but i have a base above a cave. every time i flight into space and come back, my truck disappears. but then i went on the cave and it was there. every time the same thing happens when i go into space. but its not lost, its just below the ground level. should be an easy fix.

also when i go into space, i see a vehicle in the distance but i cant say what it is and i have nothing there

I built a truck on the Barren Moon, and immediately installed a heavy Storage expansion on it. I then manually added a 1-Seat and a Solar Panel from the Printer.

This truck steadfastly refuses to drive "forward". Now, I suspect that I may have installed the pieces in the "reverse" positions (the Storage in the "front" and the seat/panels in the "back"), but that's never been an issue before.

Basically, when I aim the camera "forward" (direction that the seat is facing) and press W, it grinds in place as though it were running into an invisible wall. When I face the camera "backwards", in can drive in reverse just fine ... but is always trying to flip around and face in the useless "forwards" direction.

I've never had a vehicle do this before, but it's basically undriveable.

I keep seeing my vehicles that disappeared from my planets in space floating around. I hope this will get fixed bc it gets old having to replace them & the resources it takes to make them. That's my vehicles to the left of my ship nowhere near the planet anymore. They kinda look like a constellation.

1-17-2017_1-40-17_PM.png

Edited by Jason Tyner

Still having the issue where getting out of a vehicle with storage attached causes it to jump/flip all over the place. I'm guessing this particular bug is still a thing unless I need to create a new save file.

On 12/17/2016 at 0:02 AM, Rominiust said:

So I made a Truck (had a 1-seat, habitat & 2 storage on it), which was attached to 3 rovers in a daisy-chain.  I reloaded the game since it was stuttering horribly (3-5 seconds of freezing for 2 seconds of 40 FPS) and when I loaded back in this happened.

4013df1d9c.jpg

You can see the 3 rovers attached to the...landmass, which is the truck.  I tried chasing after it, and managed to detach the rovers, along with all of the addons except the habitat.

As of writing this, the truck has disappeared into the distance, my FPS is fine, but at least I know it's space worthy.

System info:

• Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • Geforce GTX 960 (4GB)
  • Intel i7-4790k 4.0GHz
  • 16GB Ram
  • Steam version

Trucks and rovers that fly away and can't be caught is driving me crazy. Happens all the time. I've lost 3 trains of trucks and it frustrates me more than just about any bug. Even if I could just build up to them and get them back that would be fine for now, but if you get close they move away from you. 

On 1/20/2017 at 1:17 PM, Jason Tyner said:

I keep seeing my vehicles that disappeared from my planets in space floating around. I hope this will get fixed bc it gets old having to replace them & the resources it takes to make them. That's my vehicles to the left of my ship nowhere near the planet anymore. They kinda look like a constellation.

1-17-2017_1-40-17_PM.png

Agree with this one. Tired of my vehicles flying away just after I finish outfitting them.