ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

if you can, always save your file with your vehicles tethered to your base (with the thick black tube). THis forces the game to see that everything is apart of your base. 

Something about the truck collision detection has been recently changed, for the worse.

Exiting - most of the time, the Astroneer will exit under the vehicle, causing it to flip. The only way I can exit the vehicle safely is to put it in reverse and then exit, causing me to exit in front of the truck as it moves away. This isn't ideal at all.

Entering - the truck will flip and flip and flip, which in confined underground spaces makes it not only frustrating but downright dangerous.

Loaded with cargo - impossible to drive forwards and only limited reverse is allowed.

I could limit myself to fuel production to trade for resources back at base, or explore on foot, but that's no fun. All in all, this makes the game unplayable until this is fixed.

I think the basic advice is start a new world on each patch. I have the same problems with an old savegame, plus running at 14FPS ona GTX 980Ti. (I'm assuming this is a save you started in an older version). 

Hello,

I was digging a tunnel and had my rover + truck bottom as trailer couple behind me. I tried to drive the truck back out of the tunnel but it got stuck even when I made the terrain smooth. 

I kinda abandoned them and went out, work on some other stuff, saved the game and left them there for a few days.

Yesterday I wanted to go back to that tunnel and I saw their waypoints (the beacon with the 3 dots). As I arrived they just vanished when I turned around. 

I had the same thing when a friend of mine (in patch 115) built a rover truck combo, and took off to the air when he started driving them, where these vehicles would just hang in the clouds forever.

As I built terrain to them, they just glitched away from me as well.

I think the same is happening with 117 and now they glitched behind a rock where I can't see them (nor their waypoints).

@Crell

On the contrary, I bought the game last week and have since played for 40+ hours. I have several game saves on different worlds and this is occurring on the newest worlds only. I am familiar with Early Access and playing on development builds, therefore I rarely play the same world twice in succession. Each playthrough will be an independent new world over the course of 5 or so hours.

On Xbox my rovers keep disappearing whenever I land. They seem to fall through the floor the second my shuttle hits the ground. Even though they are connected to the other building pads. Has anyone found a way to workaround this glitch?

It is possible they will either be in orbit or possibly in the next void below the one you left them on. They may have fallen through the floor until they reach another surface.

<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="320" height="185" style="max-width:100%" src="http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/theSplntr/video/25564065/embed"></iframe>

I play on an Xbox. This is after the 117 patch. I had taken a shuttle to the moon, and came back to the original site for more supplies. I had left two trucks linked together. I saw the back truck still on the ground but vibrating and jumping a little. I ran over to it and saw the back wheel of the front truck sticking out of the ground.  I thought I could dig it out and be good. As soon as i removed a little of the ground , the back truck got pulled under and disappeared. I got close to the hole and got pulled in. I basically raced my trucks to the center of the planet and died. When I respawned I went back to the hole but nothing happened. I even dug for the trucks a little.

40 minutes ago, theSplntr said:

Sorry for above Post.  Can't edit it anymore, but anyway. 

My Recorded glitches with vehicles:

Flying Truck

Disappearing Truck when accessing backpack

Possessed Truck Moving Backwards against my will.

Disappearing Rover when accessing backpack

Disappearing after accessing the backpack! I would flip waffles if that happened!

On 12/18/2016 at 10:45 PM, IceCold said:

but I find myself (it happened more than once) swimming in the terrain, very scared I'm going to lose the goodies I have on me. I managed each time to get close enough to the rover to tab into it, but that seemed to be the only way to get back to normal.

I've found that you dig yourself out of the terrain if you end up swimming in it. That is if you can get close enough to the surface to do so.

Found the same issue. After going a certain distance away from my rover train and returning I'll find one of the cars half buried on the ground and getting closer will make the cars "jump" back above the ground. When reloading a save the cars will float in the air and then come back down when getting closer.

Built rover, attached several items, solar panel, windmill, seat. I could get in the rover but could not drive it. it just sat there no matter what I did. I saved, exited to main menu, reloaded the game. My rover was gone along with everything except the seat. it was just there on the ground. I could still get in it. built new rover, but no way to attach seat. when I exit the seat, I end up  in the ground with no way to get out. Lost all the items attached to the rover too.

11 hours ago, Darkestflavor said:

if you can, always save your file with your vehicles tethered to your base (with the thick black tube). THis forces the game to see that everything is apart of your base. 

I'll try that tonight. Thanks!

After starting up and loading a level, two of my vehicles sank in the ground. It was like they were standing on quicksand, i was watching them disappearing in a view seconds.

I have this glitch where whenever I land back on my planet with the spaceship all of my other vehicles and items fall through the map. I dug down to investigate and they all fell into a really deep cave system, and I couldn't get any of the items or vehicles back since I didnt have enough power or oxygen.

11 hours ago, Darkestflavor said:

Even tethering doesn't seem to help.

I finally got off Terra for the first time last night. Setup camp on Arid, then came back. Two trucks missing at one of my camps. Mind you I've already lost a rover and truck previously.

I know it's an Alpha, but this bug is a bit disheartening. I probably won't play again until it's addressed in a patch.

Hello everyone I have a bug, when I am out the truck, it is jumped...

I have a think this problem, 

player out very very near truck, if you change out position ( little far), This problem solved....  

Good work...

I was afraid that would be the case. I wonder if there's a console in this game so I can do noclip to see where they are :)

Xbox One

Went out in space, leaving my truck behind. When I came back the truck and buggys (2 of them) sank into the ground and dissappeared.

Can hear the truck "driving" when underground. 

Twice now in the last week, once before the latest update and once after, once with just a rover and the second time with a truck and 2 rover "trailers," I've decided to explore the planet I'm on. I get about half way around the planet and I'll tab off the vehicle (since the update the truck and trailers jump) and then the vehicles disappear. Leaving me stranded "miles" from my home base. I quickly die. You've left an answer to a similar post about tethering to your base, but, since I'm very far away from my base I've nothing to tether to.

Also, is there a way to start all over again once I've used up all my Astroneers? I realize that this is Alpha, but like another poster said, loosing stuff is very disheartening, it would be good to be able to completely re-boot with a fresh set of Astroneers at ones disposal.