ApoNono

[Merged] Vehicle Issues

In the attached image, the final state. It happened as follows:

• I logged in
  • attached a rover to my truck
  • first thing I noticed was the truck flipping into the air everytime I exited.
  • drove the truck with rover attachment to a site I hadn't been in a while, close to the base
  • got off the truck
  • got back on
  • BAM it couldn't drive anymore. just jitter in place making a site of hitting something
  • tried the 2 rovers I had there, same problem
  • attached the rovers to eachother, they start jumping like mad.
  • decided to walk back, then I see what you can see in the attached image. first it was both rovers, still attached to eachother, later this. it didn't move anymore, just hung there mid air.

wheels stuck.JPG

Every once in a while my truck gets stuck in the ground and I can't control it. It also will jump about 20 feet in the air and about 20 feet away from me when I get out. I guess at the scale based on my guess at my height. Any bug squashing going on or a fix yet? I know if I save and come back it fixes most issues. I'm guessing because the engine then reloads the assets.

Astroneer_Truck_Stuck.png

went up into space with shutle, souted a planet but didnt land went back to my own planet and landed near my home, traded some stuff to make the truck and this happened when i got in

on steam with kb&m byw

https://youtu.be/2YuB5jtHG7g

Edited by Winmillion

Over two separate Astroneer's I've lost a total of four trucks on two separate planets a figure that represents a 50% loss rate. One is orbiting in empty space while the other three have apparently initiated a warp into the Void where I presume they'll become part of a Space Hulk someday. Add to this the the ridiculous physics, without a storage or trailer trucks are less stable than a horse on roller skates while the crane slides all over when ridden, and I see little point in building anymore vehicles.

System Era get on this, the truck is bringing shame to your awesome game.

8 minutes ago, Winmillion said:

went up into space with shutle, souted a planet but didnt land went back to my own planet and landed near my home, traded some stuff to make the truck and this happened when i got in

on steam with kb&m byw

https://youtu.be/2YuB5jtHG7g

apparently it had nothing to do with going into space. After i restarted the game the truck started working. but the buggy started being wonky 

https://youtu.be/saOHECZO-dQ

Moderation notice:

Topics related to vehicle issues have been mass-merged (more may follow).

Summary of merged topics:

• Vehicles glitching out and eventually launching into the sky
  • Vehicles glitching into terrain upon leaving/re-visiting the planet or distancing yourself too far from them
  • Vehicles being overall weird when being driven

Have you seen any of those trucks stuck someplace, or do they just disappear?  Were they sitting inside a field of organic plants? If it is helpful, do you have screenshots?

Terrible desync issues (with basically everything, but mostly with vehicles) when playing with friend, he's a host and the best way to travel it to having two vehicles - for each of us. Cuz if he or I will travel alone far away with truck eventually it somehow despawn or somehow glitch out of the world with no beacon seen aftewards. Even if I just sit in truck on base (and my friend was pretty far from base) it just despawned/glitched out immediately on the base. But if we attempt to travel together within same truck using two seats, then terrible desync will happen to me personally (as client) resulting in seeing truck clanging like hell and my camera flying far into space, making game freeze like hell. From his point of view nothing happens, he just keep going. At some point, it can drop me out (actually, I see both of us dropped) and truck keep riding without us, but this is just from client point of view - truck actually controlled by friend, despite I see him right in front of me. Eventually, I'll end up really dropped somewhere far from home and as he kept driving he'll just notice that I disappeared.

And only when we get two trucks and drive them together nearby it's all kinda playable.

Hello folks,

love the game so far! I can't wait until it's complete. 

I'm sure this has already been reported but if anyone has a suggestion for a workaround I'd really appreaciate it. Im on the barren planet and when I enter a newly created space ship and try to launch into space, The launch icon that appears isn't clickable. 

I've tried moving the seat to another location, detaching the cable that was origonailly attached to the vehicle port, Launching my origonal space ship and landing it somewhere else on the planet. So far nothing seems to work. Anyone have any idea how I can get this thing into space? I'm about to build another one and see if it also runs into the same problem.

The button will not work to launch the ship if you use a seat meant for the rover or truck.  You have to use the vehicle bay to print the spaceship seat onto the ship.

This is since one of the more recent updates.

Edited by Offroader5

I think trucks are seriously the biggest issue I seen so far, they tend to go off on their own or there is some kind of problem with the wheels when connected to a secondary rover. 

1 hour ago, Looney Tunes said:

Have you seen any of those trucks stuck someplace, or do they just disappear?  Were they sitting inside a field of organic plants? If it is helpful, do you have screenshots?

Of the four only one even remotely qualifies as visible, I can see it's vehicle beacon dancing around in space. The other three have disappeared without a single trace. I know there's a bug that will cause them to disappear or teleport into the sky if parked at the Vehicle Bay but I haven't lost any this way.

2 minutes ago, CyberIED said:

I think trucks are seriously the biggest issue I seen so far, they tend to go off on their own or there is some kind of problem with the wheels when connected to a secondary rover. 

Yes they are and it's not even close, of all my deaths the vast majority have come from being pushed into a cave by a flipped truck and then plummeting to my death. I've also had an issue where the wheels detach from the truck when I climb into the cockpit. During this bug the truck won't move at all, fortunately you can usually fix this by exiting to the main menu while inside the vehicle. I'm sure the trucks will get fixed sooner or later but given how broken they are at the moment (and what they do to frame rates) I don't see much value in building another regardless of the cost.

When I get in a truck in multiplayer, the truck lags back every time I go forward so it makes me go super slow and it's annoying that it does this. I play on Xbox

Ok so i built a rocket, powered it all up and even went to a new planet. Upon landing on the new planet i jumped out and fell through the world, lost all my backpack supplies sooo. I figured i needed some more stuff to start a new colony so i headed back to my base. Believe it or not i landed at my home station, only to find out my rover was gone....someone stole it!!!!

The side issue with this is landing on planets seems to put the shuttle a little deeper into the "ground" on landing at home it was close that i almost fell through again....

so in short, build rover and shuttle, land on another planet (not your starting one) return to base camp..so if rover is still there.

First of all, no one has stolen your rover. It is a bug in the game and it is happening to me and many other people like you. Same thing goes for trucks, whenever I return to my planet or home base wih the rocket... my vehicles have sank into the ground. You can try to recover them, I managed to recover 3-4 vehicles of mine. Hopefully this gets fixed soon! (SEARCH CAVES AROUND YOUR BASE!!!)

So this is going to encompass two things.

1.   On Barren (Moon to Terrain) I built a small ship and landed there on one of he landing zones.  Then  I eventually built a new vehicle pad a short distance a way from the initial point.    I was able to research a bigger space suttle and creaed that in the vehicle bay.  I took my old ship and went back to terrain as on Barren, compound and resin as are hard to find.  I came back and accidentaloly landed on my new vehicle bay on Barren which currently housed my new big space shuttle.  Having no way to move either the smaller or big shuttle while on the vehicle pad, I decided it was best to just take off again into orbit..... Wrong.  I took my new big space shuttle withme along with all the materials I belived I needed to move to another planet into orbit ontop of my little space craft.  Once into orbit again and to the landing select point, the new space ship detatched from me and it was gone for ever.  Now I have a satillete orbiting Barren andI can't get it back.

2.  I finally rebuilt my new space shuttle and went to Aride (the red planet).  Leaving behind was a full base with a Truck and Rover attached to each other.  When I left, they were conneced to the base so when I did return, they would be charged and ready to go if I needed them.  Well I returned.... and those too were now in orbit.  I am in steam now and do not have pictures available to attach, however I will once I exit.

Thanks.

Nickyish is right. If you dig a small hole and then fill it in over yourself you'll clip through the ground. Sometimes you can spot your rover by doing this, and then plan a rescue mission.

1. Mouse/keyboard
  2. Steam
  3. What were you doing leading up to this bug? - I made two special bases in order to create some vehicles. I made a car and a spaceship on different bases. Then i used my spaceship to explore the space and returned to the base, so i landed my spaceship right above the car, then i got out of the spaceship and apperead right under these two vehicles and got stuck. So i had no exit.

I've lost 3 vehicles when driving and then suddenly I get flung out into the ground with my rover or truck then I get flung into the air and no more rover!

On 19/12/2016 at 6:16 AM, Rominiust said:

So it seems to be the habitat, as it just happened in another game.

Whenever you load up a saved game that has a habitat attached to a vehicle, it thinks that it's been placed, so adds the semisphere of black ground beneath it.  Since it's not actually attached to the ground, this makes it clip with the vehicle, and spin uncontrollably, either into the ground (for my second one), or into space (for my first).

Well, no need to load up a saved game, I think.

Yesterday I started a new game on 0.2.115.0 ( Steam ), had a few hours of non-stop playing. I was preparing to build an underground bases, so I put a habitat on the large storage that was on my truck. I was back to my base after collecting a few resin, when I saw my truck suddendly moving very very fast, in a blink of an eye he headed somewhere in my back.

When arrived at my base I looked the horizon to see the icon, nothing. Then I realised it was up in the sky above my base. Not so far, so I tried to build some bridge toward it. As I was near it, it quickly moved a few times, not to far so I kept building the bridge. Then I realised that it was slowly falling to the ground. I let it fall, then I could jump in and drive it to my base.

But somehow it was still lightly moving on its own.

Here is the only video I took from this event, showing that when I removed the habitat, it fixed my truck behavior :

Truck bug.mp4