Sign in to follow this  
nucleus

WIndows 10 - Game Crash on startup

Purchased the game through the Windows Store and it crashes at startup on the loading screen (after initial blue screen > black screen with text "You are playing a pre-alpha version of Astroneer. ...).

My PC:

AMD Athlon II X4 635
GA-78LMT-S2P
Memory 8GB
GeForce GTX 750 Ti

So Steam users already got a fix for that on day one, but because I purchased on Windows 10 Store, I still can't play.

I have a lot of understanding for Pre-Alpha/ Kickstarted/ Early Access/ In Development Games, but why do Steam users get preferred treatment? I paid the same amount. Are Windows 10 Store users less important because of the so important ratings on Steam or what is it?

I can't even start the game. Please fix this ASAP or tell me how to get a refund. This is borderline fraud. 

I had it refunded from the Windows 10 Store. Game looks really great, but not being able to even start it and give preferred treatment to Steam users is a slap in the face. The solution here should have been to give out Steam keys to affected players. 

same issue here, made a post about it with DX Diag info, got no response :-( The Devs should probably have a separate bug section for Windows store if our posts are going to get lost like this and if the updates are going to be staggered. Haven't been able to play with the girlfriend on pc yet because of this