Pluffington

Chests to Store Items

I have trouble storing things, so I had this idea to make a Chest. It would be connected to the central hub thing so you can't put it on a vehicle or stuff. It would be where you use the resin to make the big platform, then use two resin to make something else. The chest would be an option there, and use two titanium to make it? maybe? It could hold 20 or so items and that's it. I made it immobile because having a 20 item chest on a rover or truck would be too overpowered with how the game is right now. 

Edited by Pluffington

There are chest-like objects called storage units in the printer. You can put them anywhere and it costs 2 compound I believe.

Edited by AKBECK04

I think NorthStarRanger means to take the XL storage off of the truck and setting it on the ground with 4 large storages on it and, no, that doesn't work.  Those can't be removed from the vehicle.  The best you can do is just make an extra vehicle and park it nearby and hope it doesn't fall through the ground when it loads.

Now, a 'Silo' platform that provides large amounts of storage would be appreciated, and definitely as a platform so it's not portable.  I think it would be simplest as a tower with a few dozen small slots, but it would be really effective as a tower with, say, four slots that you can drop a resource to designate the slot in then you can drop in a large amount of the same resource using the same slot.  With automation features it could serve as a hub for other platforms to draw basic resources out of.

1 hour ago, Northstarranger said:

question has any body tried separating the biggest storage and then putting the smaller storage and storing both on the ground?

24 minutes ago, CherubimCW said:

I think NorthStarRanger means to take the XL storage off of the truck and setting it on the ground with 4 large storages on it and, no, that doesn't work.  Those can't be removed from the vehicle.  The best you can do is just make an extra vehicle and park it nearby and hope it doesn't fall through the ground when it loads.

Now, a 'Silo' platform that provides large amounts of storage would be appreciated, and definitely as a platform so it's not portable.  I think it would be simplest as a tower with a few dozen small slots, but it would be really effective as a tower with, say, four slots that you can drop a resource to designate the slot in then you can drop in a large amount of the same resource using the same slot.  With automation features it could serve as a hub for other platforms to draw basic resources out of.

CherubimCW is right that was my suggestion 

+1 I'm having the same issue. It would be nice if items stacked when there were duplicates. Like in minecraft when you have multiple of one item it still stays as one icon but a number appears next to it to show how many you have. 

The only issue with a chest that I see is that it sounds like the items may not be accessible from the outside. If one of each type of item you had inside was dispensed externally, one at a time, you could have access to each item you're storing without being overwhelmed with twenty things at once. You also wouldn't have to go open the chest to get what's inside, things are visible from the outside. Adding a counter for each item would let you see how much of each you have left.