Creative mode

Camden

It would be nice to have a creative mode so players could choose between playing the game like it is now and having a mode where they can build without materials and even spawn materials in. I, personally, think the two gamemodes should be kept seperate for worlds so there aren't overpowered people playing with normal people.

This is definitely something I would want. you could have a jetpack, infinite resources, and infinite oxygen.

HEY! HEY SYSTEM ERA TEAM! HEY!

PLEASE ADD THIS!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes this would be a good feature, but how would we spawn items in?? We have a limited backpack and no chat on X1. But it would be a nice idea to maybe go into the backpack and search for an item to spawn in. Nice idea :D

There is a trainer mod that I use sometimes that allows you to make basic materials without any material costs. (you just select what you want and click make and it appears even though the needed material(s) are not there.

If they had that feature built in it would be nice.

1 hour ago, Northstarranger said:

are you all sure you are playing the same game you paied for or are you really thinking this out?

Yes, the game itself is still short of content while they continue development. In the mean time it is fun to be creative. Most survival sandbox games like this have a creative mode option. The story is disabled and the player is free to play uber-multi-quadrillionaire who can just do as they and groom entire plants to their will. Want to level the whole planet? sure... Want build some crazy structure? Want to explore every cave ever? Whatever you want to do you can do.

Creative mode is simple.

• Press M for menu. (M or whatever button works best)
  • Select what you want to spawn in and it appears.
  • Make anything with no material costs.
  • Everything is already unlocked/researched.
  • No oxygen requirements.
  • No energy requirements.
  • No damage/infinite health.

Use that vacutool and build a giant city. The planet is your play-dough.

It does not detract from gameplay. Because it is entirely separate from a normal game.