Sign in to follow this  
CookieAddict

Falling through/ out of the map

I'm playing Astroneer on my laptop, with a mouse and a keyboard (steam). Sometimes when I collect things I fall through or out of the map.
This happens either, when a rock is on my head, "burying" myself (by accident of course) or sliding or falling down at wall of a hole I dug myself.
First some graphic bugs occurr then my character wiggles and suddenly he seems to be beneath the actual map then dies immediately. Normally the game shows you where you died, so you can retrieve your items, but in this case it doesn't since the game itself doesn't know where the character died, because the location seems to be outside the actual map.

I hope my description is helpful. And you can fix it fast!
Thanks for listening to us.

Greetings.

Put me down as a "me too".  Seems like if I fall into a hole that I'm unable to climb out of, if I use either the fill [Alt] or smooth [Ctrl] variants of the E-tool, I usually end up dropping through the surface I'm standing on. My visual symptoms are similar to those reported by CookieAddict.

16 hours ago, CookieAddict said:

... with a mouse and a keyboard (steam). Sometimes when I collect things I fall through or out of the map.
This happens either, when a rock is on my head, "burying" myself (by accident of course) or sliding or falling down at wall of a hole I dug myself.
First some graphic bugs occurr then my character wiggles and suddenly he seems to be beneath the actual map then dies immediately. Normally the game shows you where you died, so you can retrieve your items, but in this case it doesn't since the game itself doesn't know where the character died, because the location seems to be outside the actual map.