@SunnyDay I feel like the developers have adopted the exploration-related ideas. PVP? Maybe. Currency? Maybe. At the moment they seem more focused on implementing new vehicles, resources, and in general more reasons and ways to explore. Other directions are probably on the backburner.

I like the idea of currency, but only if its limited. I don't think it should be used to buy materials or objects, I like the idea of it only being used to buy higher tier schemes. Alternatively, you could just remove the idea of currency, and substitute that with research points, which would be gained through researching all those weird object you find around planets. You would then need to build an upgrade station (or something similar) where you could spend those points to buy new schemes. Basic schemes would be available at the start like you said, but higher tiers would cost more research points. This comes to mind because im not a huge fan of the mario kart-esque research system they have now.

1 hour ago, RedGaijin said:

I like the idea of currency, but only if its limited. I don't think it should be used to buy materials or objects, I like the idea of it only being used to buy higher tier schemes. 

I'm curious why you think that buying/selling materials is bad idea. Selling surplus raw materials and buying what you lack - it makes sense.

8 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

I'm curious why you think that buying/selling materials is bad idea. Selling surplus raw materials and buying what you lack - it makes sense.

I agree, it does make sense, this game is supposed to focus around astronauts seeking to make fortunes. However, I feel like that robs from the style of play the game currently has. The entire game would revolve around these crystals, players would simply have to find the rarest material, sell it, and be able to obtain whatever they wanted. Think about how the planets are set up, currently you spawn on planet A, which has an abundance of common materials, with the need to explore caves or scavenge for rarer materials or research. But then you go to planet B, which has an abundance of rare materials, that would also undoubtedly sell very well in this economy that would be present. Essentially, you would completely remove the struggle the player has to go through to obtain materials by replacing it with currency. Especially if these crystals can also be mined, because then the game just becomes a search for the crystals.

Thats why I pointed out how I liked the limited idea of currency, with how it can only be used for research, so that way you a.) have a better research system, and b.) don't take away from the games flavor as is. I think the trade platform acts wonderfully as a minimal way to exchange material A for material B.

2 minutes ago, RedGaijin said:

I agree, it does make sense, this game is supposed to focus around astronauts seeking to make fortunes. However, I feel like that robs from the style of play the game currently has. The entire game would revolve around these crystals, players would simply have to find the rarest material, sell it, and be able to obtain whatever they wanted. Think about how the planets are set up, currently you spawn on planet A, which has an abundance of common materials, with the need to explore caves or scavenge for rarer materials or research. But then you go to planet B, which has an abundance of rare materials, that would also undoubtedly sell very well in this economy that would be present. Essentially, you would completely remove the struggle the player has to go through to obtain materials by replacing it with currency. Especially if these crystals can also be mined, because then the game just becomes a search for the crystals.

Thats why I pointed out how I liked the limited idea of currency, with how it can only be used for research, so that way you a.) have a better research system, and b.) don't take away from the games flavor as is. I think the trade platform acts wonderfully as a minimal way to exchange material A for material B.

I think it's a matter of designing the trading system.

I mean that maybe trading/selling/buying should be limited somehow, not a currency itself.

2 hours ago, StormReachSeven said:

I feel like the developers have adopted the exploration-related ideas. PVP? Maybe.

I think that they are not interested in PVP.

I heard that they don't want even weapons in game which made me a little disappointed.

On 12/29/2016 at 7:13 AM, DragonAstroneer said:

That's what I mean.

Stats and rankings make people toxic, not pvp.

Look at GTA V for how to make people toxic. Guns, cars, open microphone channels, and a sense of want and destruction.

Rust is another example of how to make people toxic. Guns, explosives, and ways to take ownership of other people's creations and trap them in it

4 hours ago, Shiro said:

Look at GTA V for how to make people toxic. Guns, cars, open microphone channels, and a sense of want and destruction.

I played GTA Online 900+ hours (but long ago). The most problem was cheaters and stupid kids who was asking for money bags.
SAMP (San Andreas Multiplayer) was something different and way more fun. People was paying for servers and they cared about them. Trolls and cheaters were banned by owners.

BTW. You need to understand that every popular game has huge amount of toxic people. Only in Don't Starve Together I never saw any toxic person but the game has ability to enable pvp.

8 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

I think that they are not interested in PVP.

I heard that they don't want even weapons in game which made me a little disappointed.

What about to add some hardcore to the game? The scarcity of vital resources and threatens the life of the hero? I think it adds to the game some atmospheric and interesting, don't you?

1 minute ago, SunnyDay said:

What about to add some hardcore to the game? The scarcity of vital resources and threatens the life of the hero? I think it adds to the game some atmospheric and interesting, don't you?

Hardcore mode is good idea. You can find something similiar on my list.

The planets should have the scale of difficulty. We started on a planet with easy access to basic materials. Along with the progress, we would get better schemes (bought for crystal currency) which would increase the chances of survival on more difficult planets where you can find unique materials.

Just imagine planet with many environmental hazards which makes it difficult to survive there. For example: extremely hot planet with meteorite impacts, lava, earthquakes, solar flares.

IMO there should be one life in hardcore mode if playing solo and revive option if playing with teammates (transport the body to the base and put inside the habitat).

On 27.12.2016 at 2:57 PM, DragonAstroneer said:

Hovercraft / hoverboard
Add a vehicle which hovers above the surface. Should be light and bit faster than rover, but not specialized in moving heavy objects.

Spoiler

howhow.png

Edited by mugen_rus

I think they should change the saving feature. For example, only the host can save the game. So make it that only entering the habitat pod saves the game. Not save the game whenever you sit down in something

12 hours ago, Cathedralman said:

I think they should change the saving feature. For example, only the host can save the game. So make it that only entering the habitat pod saves the game. Not save the game whenever you sit down in something

IMO there should be three autosaves per day (morning, noon and at midnight) with rollback option (5 days).

Edited by DragonAstroneer

On 12/28/2016 at 4:41 AM, Sir Tubs said:

I think the oxygen being unlimited was a great idea it makes exploring a lot easier, i think what features that they need to add is a way of making the end game more intresting and easier to know, because the end game really is just grinding for a bunch of balls right now

I think there should be a small story linked to all the crashed and destroyed ships/pods you find. Like, on the bodies of Astroneers you find (not your own((make dead bodies spawn around crashed ships))) you can find little notes and maybe some audio logs as to before they crashed and stuff like that.

6 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

IMO there should be three autosaves per day (morning, noon and at midnight) with rollback option (5 days).

Yes! I think that's a great idea

46 minutes ago, Cathedralman said:

Yes! I think that's a great idea

I would be happy also if they add Steam Cloud to Astroneer.

I remember when my old computer broke down and I lost my saves from few games. I was furious as hell.

9 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

No. No rollback option! Live with your decisions. :) Don't make Astroneer a baby-egg-easy game.

In the current pre-alpha mode it would make sense for testing purposes, but you can as well just copy your savegames (at least on PC).

Edited by nordish

PS: Is it possible to change your topic to just "List of Ideas"? Some of the mentioned ideas are not great for me. They just make Astroneer even more easier than it already is. Adding PvP and weapons as well is not a playstyle which currently complies with what developers describe as their game. What I'm asking for is a more neutral topic. I was coming here expecting something different. But when I was going through the list I was somehow disappointed as many ideas just do not reflect what kind of game Astroneer is and according to road map shall become. It's just a collection of features of other games, who often do not match with the playstyle of Astroneer. Astroneer is a small jewel in todays games. Please just don't transfer it into a cheap Swarovski glass thing.

17 hours ago, nordish said:

No. No rollback option! Live with your decisions. :) Don't make Astroneer a baby-egg-easy game.

I thought about rollback as usefull tool against griefing.

BTW. You're telling me that it will make the game simple but in same time you writing posts against hunger in game in another topic.

PS: Is it possible to change your topic to just "List of Ideas"? Some of the mentioned ideas are not great for me.

Yea I should change it to "List of GREAT Ideas but not for nordish" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Adding PvP and weapons as well is not a playstyle which currently complies with what developers describe as their game

I don't care too much about PVP but I would love to see PVE + weapons. I heard that main goal of game is fun and weapons simply equals fun.

It's just a collection of features of other games, who often do not match with the playstyle of Astroneer.

Not everything great must be unique. I do not see anything wrong in inspiring in other games.

For example: I will not see the problem if they would add some solutions from Factorio to Astroneer in automation aspects.

4 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

I thought about rollback as usefull tool against griefing.

BTW. You're telling me that it will make the game simple but in same time you writing posts against hunger in game in another topic.

Yea I should change it to "List of GREAT Ideas but not for nordish" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You should better read and understand what I am writing and not assuming! I am not against the mechanics, just against the justification hunger, which is illogic.

Your ideas are far away from being great and honestly not really creative, just copied from othter games!

Edited by nordish

3 hours ago, nordish said:

Your ideas are far away from being great and honestly not really creative, just copied from othter games!

At least not so far away as your posts from logic.

Things like a drones are common in other space based games because is logical that drones will be also common in future. Not every idea must be creative.