3 hours ago, petermileo said:

NO PVP!!! if pvp add by system era they ll put best rewards on it, forcing u to play pvp to get acess  to cool itens/reward, it ll be a shit, theres a lot of multiplayer pvp games, we dont need one more

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. I'm trying to explain you that PvP should be an OPTION which means that you do not have to participate in this.

Seeing as some people got really mad about your ideas and got something up their oxygen tank, I will tell you why I disagree with the crystal currency idea. As of right now, I think that would make the player be limited by the currency since they would need to grind some money in some boring way (unless the developers can make it fun :) ) instead of exploring and pushing them to explore more and to find the new schemes and rare materials. Now you could say, "Give them money for exploring!" but then you could just let them have the resources instead to make the thing they would need to buy. I do not completely disagree with the idea either. If there will be servers with let's say more than twenty people (which to be honest, I don't think this game requires that amount of players like other games which just turned into 32 player PVP warzone sandbox survival games), then I think a currency would be needed if a trade or shop mechanic was added. In single player though, it would be weird to have a currency. It would be as if Astroneer got into a planet and had to buy schemes from a mysterious being who could just give him a hand for free. In that case, the only reasonable way I see of implementing the currency in a realistic way (if they want that) is if there would be really rare alien or robot shops which could sell rare schemes for sale or the player could get them from wrecked spaceships. In the end, I think Astroneer could become something else than a sandbox/survival game and could take in the currency idea, but I feel like adding currency is not needed and the same objectives can be in other interesting ways. The game is quite simple, and it I feel like it shouldn't get too complex as being complex doesn't make something necessarily good. 

2 hours ago, BlueLazyFish said:

im not sure about some of them like the crystal currency...

Idea of crystal currency came to my mind when i was reading Astroneer's description on steam:

Astroneer is set during a 25th century gold rush where players must explore the frontiers of outer space, risking their lives in harsh environments for the chance of striking it rich.

This clearly says that astronauts explore planets for profit. Currency in the game makes sense.

3 hours ago, BlueLazyFish said:

...and exosuit

I think that exoskeleton is good idea in aspect of improving mobility and strenght. I would like to see this as simple upgrade for suit. I guess that in future exosuits will be very common so they should be in game.

6 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

Idea of crystal currency came to my mind when i was reading Astroneer's description on steam:

This clearly says that astronauts explore planets for profit. Currency in the game makes sense.

I think that exoskeleton is good idea in aspect of improving mobility and strenght. I would like to see this as simple upgrade for suit. I guess that in future exosuits will be very common so they should be in game.

The thing is, "profit" can be seen in several ways. For example, Lithium and Titanium are both rare resources that are relatively late game. This could be profit for the astronauts, and not necessarily money. An exoskeleton would make the game very overpowered. We already have the power to edit the terrain and the ability to jump higher or lift heavy objects would remove the point of not being able to lift those objects. Overall, I like your list, but try not to make the game more complicated. We can try and make the game better by adding features, but do not change the core gameplay.

Edited by WiseAlexander6

9 minutes ago, Sir Dancealot said:

Astroneer got into a planet and had to buy schemes from a mysterious being

It should be possible to buy schemes on space station (which is another idea).

11 minutes ago, Sir Dancealot said:

need to grind some money in some boring way (unless the developers can make it fun :) )

Mmm... I'm sure that is possible to solve it. Quick examples: trading, missions, crates with crystals near shipwrecks , rewards for hours spent in game...

I see that currency makes sense now, but I still believe that it shouldn't be required for the player to progress. You wanna become rich and buy everything you want? Go ahead, nothing should be stopping you. But lets say that schemes aren't the only thing you will be able to buy, and you'd rather explore and research the schemes by yourself and then save the money for other things. Yes, the main objective of the game might be to become rich, but some players might play the game differently and divert to their own style of play and I think that they shouldn't be forced to play one way.

52 minutes ago, Sir Dancealot said:

I see that currency makes sense now, but I still believe that it shouldn't be required for the player to progress.

Currency would be like a research points, so it would be needed for progression.

On start you will have access to all basic schemes which allow you to survive on first planet. Once you earn some money then you can buy few schemes which you need to survive on more difficult planet.

1 hour ago, Sir Dancealot said:

But lets say that schemes aren't the only thing you will be able to buy

Things that will be able to buy:
- skins (character appearance),
- raw materials,
- emotes (but im not sure),
- schemes

Yes, the main objective of the game might be to become rich

I still don't have idea what should be the main goal in Astroneer. 

There are two problems:

- If game is able to finish then no one will spend more than around 50h (depends how long is game).

- Survival games don't have a sense of purpose, when you realize that - you can lose motivation to play.

but some players might play the game differently and divert to their own style of play and I think that they shouldn't be forced to play one way.

I saw Creative "mode" on trello, so it's good solution for some of players.

Love all of the ideas. To those who don't like the community idea effort: Great games are built when the community and developers work together.

@DragonAstroneer @Sir Dancealot Perhaps if currency were awarded similar to Kerbal Space Program, where the player takes tourism, exploration, research, survey, etc missions to gain currency while also adding a sense of adventure? The right kinds of missions could encourage exploration while also allowing for currency-based research progression. There could also be modes (as Sir Dancealot was pointing out some players wouldn't want anything to do with currency), such as a mode in which every milestone you reach gives you research points rather than completing missions and buying schematics.

As for the clashing of no PVP due to cool loot from there not being available to peaceful players, and the idea of PVP planets- as far as I know, the devs are intending to keep this game limited in scale, say no more than 8 people? This issue is moot as PVP planets and the idea of PVP "loot" are only going to be reasonable if there are a large number of players.

Currency- Love the idea, PVP and other game options- Yes! PVP-zones? Those imply a large number of players... so that's likely not going to happen. Game options upon starting a world are more likely, and those would definitely get my support.

7 hours ago, StormReachSeven said:

no PVP due to cool loot from there not being available to peaceful players

Rare raw materials (cool loot) should be able to find even on peaceful planets, just lower amount of them.

The difficulty of survival on a planet should define rarity of raw material/items. Because:
- More difficult planet -> more crashes -> more shipwrecks -> more cool loot that you can find
- More difficult planet -> more risk -> less of astronauts extracting the raw material -> raw material becomes more rare -> raw material has greater value

Like I said English is not my native language, so I hope that makes sense.

Would love to see the ability to identify beacons. Either custom text, or even just custom icons.

A map of some sort would also be nice. Perhaps in the start this would only reveal where you have been. Then once you have access to space and satellites etc then it could be expanded to do global mapping.

6 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

Rare raw materials (cool loot) should be able to find even on peaceful planets, just lower amount of them.

The difficulty of survival on a planet should define rarity of raw material/items. Because:
- More difficult planet -> more crashes -> more shipwrecks -> more cool loot that you can find
- More difficult planet -> more risk -> less of astronauts extracting the raw material -> raw material becomes more rare -> raw material has greater value

Like I said English is not my native language, so I hope that makes sense.

Oh, that was just the debate I saw happening in the posts. I agree that more difficult planets should give better rewards, but I was pointing out that PVP zones and such would work better on a larger-scale game.

I wish I could edit that post, my grammar in that spot was terrible...

Edited by StormReachSeven
Grammar reasons

3 hours ago, StormReachSeven said:

I was pointing out that PVP zones and such would work better on a larger-scale game.

It's true. PVP isn't fun with small amount of people.

21 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

Speaking about crashes: Several times I found a crashed satellite very deep underground. It does not make sense.

I just had the idea looking at the last podcast while they talk about maps. What about world level beacons, beacons that can be seen from anywhere in the world?

Obviously they would have to be a larger, more expensive version of the standard beacon. Probably something you would make with the printer and have to bring on a vehicle or use to show your house when exploring.

Edited by Shiro

45 minutes ago, Shiro said:

What about world level beacons, beacons that can be seen from anywhere in the world?

Maybe the support of satellite would do beacons visible from everywhere.

On 5.01.2017 at 1:16 PM, DragonAstroneer said:

Maybe the support of satellite would do beacons visible from everywhere.

It sounds good.

There should be also a keybind that allowed to hide beacons because I wouldn't want to see them all the time.

Perhaps at a later stage we can have the god mode/creative mode/hack. Would be awesome.Screenshot (7).png Source: Youtube  

Edited by Rahul

I don't support the introduction of PVP. I appreciate that it could be done in a separate, specific planet system (you can't call it Dark Zone, that's been used before.)

However, the innate problem with PVP is that the people who want to kill other people, and also risk being killed, are also the people who want that risk to be assosciated with the highest form of reward. So if you don't PVP you miss out on this stuff.

If the PVP solar system was a set of planets that had very little (or even none) of the rarest materials, that would suit me fine. The only people there would be those who want to PVP (and it gives greater reason for PVP if the resource count was low).

But every hour spent designing, testing, balancing a satisfying PVP system is an hour not designing extra things to explore, research, build, study, or tech up toward. I would rather have a simple but thought out player-based trade system, than any kind of PVP system. Mind you, I would much rather have a complex, functional, thought provoking trade system, tried and tested.

I would rather have a space station. Or a jetpack. Or a bugfix. Or more artwork on plants. Basically anything else that those devs can spend their time on.

So, after saying this, what ideas would I like to see instead?

1. Player trade. I just sent off two lumps of coal, asking for 8 resin. Where did that coal go? I would love it if somewhere out there, someone took that coal and sent me resin.

I would even love it if that was a player, who had established a trade route, and was now reaping in massive profits off my needs. That dude better be paying the fuel costs though. If this turned in to a need for a new currency, I'm ok with that too, but I don't want it to be a necessary feature for me to survive, rather it could be a token of my overall success.

2. I want more reason to explore. Exploring has been fun, but it was mostly an afterthought. Until I found a thruster, and then some Astronium, and I got all excited again, but only briefly.

3. I want player interaction, but no griefing. The last thing I need is to log back in, only to find that somebody has dug out the world beneath my base and filled the airspace in tight.

I want to feel isolated enough that my planet is not over run with other players, but also want the option to go and visit other players if I know their co-ordinates in space. Or maybe discover that someone has built on this planet before. Or maybe someone can discover my base later on. But not so much that thirty people pass through in a single session.

Basically, I would love to be able to enter other people's space / server / save game, but only if I've discovered them, or if they've told me how to get there. Perhaps there could be an exploration mode involved at the solar system level. Maybe friends could start in adjacent solar systems, so they can be easier to find.

4. Better storage options. I need a vault, or at least a bay/building that holds 16 storage trays. There are tons of other good ideas for bays, I can't wait to see them.

5. More tech for trucks, spaceships, cranes. More reason to continue building and expanding.

6. The ability to fly on my own planet without needing to go into orbit, either with a jetpack (short range) or a shuttle (long range.) Spaceships should be reserved for space travel, and should be able to leave the system I am currently in.

7. More buildable things, farmable stuff, researchable ideas, and clever automation (where there is nothing specific needed but everything possible)

8. Rail. And not like Minecraft, I want to be able to build a rail network with functional points and switches, rail vehicle detection, all the good stuff. I'd love to circumnavigate my planet, build train stops at various bases, build a train yard to store extra trains, carriages that can carry storage, carry people, carry vehicles. Tunnels. Bridges. Turntables. Collisions. Train Wrecks.

Ok, maybe not train wrecks.

9. Animals, friendly ones, weird ones, aggressive ones (and several options for dealing with them), and ones that can be tamed. At least one that can be ridden.

10. Wind generators that work extremely well in wind storms

11. Beacons that can be modified to change icon and colour when deployed.

12. Radar to detect beacons and vehicles on a planet's surface.

13. The ability to scrap things I build or find and reduce them to base materials.

14. Different atmospheres for different planets. Different resources coming out of condensing machines. Maybe you can make water, and maybe you can terraform the atmosphere if it's close. (Or maybe that will kill all alien life on the planet. Hmm. Big decision there.) Or maybe you get liquid copper and you need to science it to make it into circuitry or something. So much can be done with condensing machine ideas.

Anyway, maybe that's fuel for thoughts.

3 hours ago, Bluebehir said:

I don't support the introduction of PVP. I appreciate that it could be done in a separate, specific planet system

I agree with that the idea isn't perfect (needs some improvements). The challenge is introduce small PVP aspects to game without making "peaceful" players upset. 

(you can't call it Dark Zone, that's been used before.)

It's not so important. You can call it Death Zone, Hazard Zone, Danger Zone etc...

If the PVP solar system was a set of planets that had very little (or even none) of the rarest materials, that would suit me fine. The only people there would be those who want to PVP (and it gives greater reason for PVP if the resource count was low).

We can say that their loot might be a reward and a bit of crystal currency from their pockets B|

Edited by DragonAstroneer

no no no none of this fits the theme of the game the theme is basic and easy your going in to detail WAY TO MUCH