Hello my friends!
First of all I want to tell you that I see in this game a huge potential. This forced me to spend some of my time to write few of my ideas. I would like to see in the comments what you think about them.

English is not my native language, so please forgive me for any mistakes.

@SES_Adam I think that you should to take a look at this.

List of ideas

Crystal Currency
Astroneer not expose yourself for no reason. He explores the planet for economic purposes. For the game should be added currency (for example crystals able to mine) for which you would buy schemes.

Planet difficulty scale and schemes
The planets should have the scale of difficulty. We started on a planet with easy access to basic materials. Along with the progress, we would get better schemes (bought for crystal currency) which would increase the chances of survival on more difficult planets where you can find unique materials. The current system of research would be only to obtain rare materials from alien plants fruits.

Weapons:
• Energy gun 
Modification to the terrain tool amending it into a weapon powered by energy.

• Energy cannon with seat 
Energy weapon supplied by energy or power generators, it can be mounted on a vehicle, so the person sitting on the rear of the vehicle can use that weapon.

• Sentry gun 
Sentry gun with two operating modes
-friendly mode, protecing from only aliens
-hostile mode, protecing from aliens, players (Excluding friends)

Controversy related to weapons/pvp in the game: There should be place for peaceful players and for these one who want some action. We need at least option to have combat. If someone don't want to fight then he don't need to. I think that weapons should be added, but game should not be combat-focused.

Simple PVE/PVE
Huge earthworms, aliens similiar to spiders, reptiles, tentacles etc. but they should not be common because life itself in space is rare.
• Dark Zones: PVP on some planets where you can find more rare materials. Something like high risk high reward, with a story background that people began to fight among themselfs because they were blinded by wealth, fortune etc.

Radar, weather meter
Showing incoming storms, meteorite impacts, solar flares,  temperatures, wind speed, enemies and raw materials (if drone spotted them).

Map
I would like to see map similiar to that one in The Division

Table with hologram (Holo-table) on base which can display collected data from drone or satellite.
Drone that could scan some area from above and send data to holo-table or display it to player.
Satellite that could take a pictures of planet and send data to holo-table.

Satellite / Drone OP Controversy: As I said, there should be currency in game so on the start player would not have the money to buy top-tier schemes. For example the satellite would be one of the more expensive things in the game, so player would get it later - on more difficult planets, where the satellites don't make game easier in meaningful way.

Drone with different operating modes. 
Some examples:
• standby mode - drone with mounted energy weapon, protecting area from space pirates, alien creatures etc.
• tracking mode - would follow and assist the player, for example he could move light objects and follow player to base.
• search mode - could scan some area from above and send data to holo table or player.
• manual mode - remote controlled drone with camera view

If weapon is attached

• neutral mode, protecing only if we are attacked (by player or alien)
• friendly mode, protecing only from the upcoming aliens
• hostile mode, attacking aliens, players (Excluding friends)

So for example:
-Drone with tracking + friendly mode and mouted weapon will follow player and shot only to hostile aliens.
-Drone with tracking mode and attached battery, will follow and charge player. etc.

Enviromental hazards
Some examples of enviromental hazards and how to deal with them:
• quicksands on sandy planets (move on the hoverboard instead of walking)
• meteorite impacts on planets with a thin atmosphere (we need radar that would warn us against them / force field on base required a lot of energy)
• extremely high or low temperatures (special suits for the specific weather conditions)
• high radiation (force field on Astroneer)
• lava
• acid rain (force field, hide underground)
• different types of storms (warning messages on radar)
• earthquakes  (seismometer that sending warning messages to radar)
• solar flares (force field)

Exoskeleton (better, faster, stronger)
Some objects like a fruits from alien plants and crates are large and heavy,  to raise them without the lift character should be wearing exoskeleton.

Jet pack and vehicle booster
Add the module with jet engines that can be attached to a backpack at the bottom. Make it possible to add same enginees to vehicles allowing increase their speed.

I know that is possible to find rocket thruster, but I think that it should be able to craft.

Hunger, thirst, sleepiness, temperature,  food, farms etc.
• add indicators (emoji style) of hunger, temperature, thirst, sleepiness
• add machine to produce Soylent Green which can be prepared from organic materials. Make it basic food in game.
• add food and farm modules (greenhouse). Remember it is the future: Plants should be different from those that we know today (we need GMO superfood).
• seeds should be earned by trading platform, with their help, you can grow more nutritious foods then Soylent Green.
• add water (oceans) and ice, we need also module that purifying water (for example from salt).
• add different variants of the astronaut suits resistant to specific climatic conditions.

How it should look: Astroneer should survive longer without eating than drinking / sleeping. The first symptoms of thirst / starving / sleepiness would be fatigue, then slow death. Instead of the well-known indicators there should be emoji messages.

Second habitat but bigger
With wardrobe - where you can customise apperance, sleep, keep some food and water supplies, hide from storm.

Hovercraft / hoverboard
Add a vehicle which hovers above the surface. Should be light and bit faster than rover, but not specialized in moving heavy objects.

Rope and grappling hook
Causes new possibilities - climbing and attachment of objects. Could be pretty usefull before the player would get a jetpack.

Game reward system
Add the space capsule with gift (skin, crystal currency, scheme etc.) possible to get three times per week. It rewards hours spent in the game.
Small space capsule (ball) would fall around the base. Player could open it in research machine.

Music player
Listen own music from Documents/Astroneer/User Music like a in GTA series.

Miscellaneous (small ideas, fixes)
•  Possibility to change the brush size
•  Add module that creates oxygen, because limitless oxygen is bad idea.
•  Improve driving and change it to WSAD
•  Add option in settings to look around without pressing RMB
•  Add option to accept / refuse player who attempts to join the game
•  Deleting saves from game menu(not appdata)
•  Make possible to change language in settings
•  Alien plants should wrap acid instead of poison gas, it does not make sense because the character has helmet.
•  Don't add intelligent aliens to game, life itself in space is rare.
•  Add option for naming or changing icons of Beacons

This topic is updated version of previous one:

4 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

I would like to see map similiar to that one in The Division

I would like to see something similiar to that one, but with the design that game currently has.

Wow! A lot of great ideas. I would love to see them in game.

10 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

• add food and farm modules (greenhouse). Remember it is the future: Plants should be different from those that we know today (we need GMO superfood).

Forget about GMO superfood, just think about Potatoe - The Chosen One among the vegetables. xD

The drone idea got me. Having one and send it into caves to map the tunnels. I mean not showing where the fumes are and resources are but write a map of a tunnel system. Like in that Alien movie Prometheus.

13 minutes ago, ProSpectre101 said:

The drone idea got me. Having one and send it into caves to map the tunnels. I mean not showing where the fumes are and resources are but write a map of a tunnel system. Like in that Alien movie Prometheus.

Drone, jetpack and weapons are for me the most awaited features. I love gadgets.

8 hours ago, SpacePotatoe said:

just think about Potatoe - The Chosen One among the vegetables.

Things like a potatoes, soybeans, wheat along with salad crops could provide more of a complete diet. 

I was thinking also about Synthetic meat in game. I think it might be a good idea.

I think the oxygen being unlimited was a great idea it makes exploring a lot easier, i think what features that they need to add is a way of making the end game more intresting and easier to know, because the end game really is just grinding for a bunch of balls right now

4 hours ago, Sir Tubs said:

I think the oxygen being unlimited was a great idea it makes exploring a lot easier, i think what features that they need to add is a way of making the end game more intresting and easier to know, because the end game really is just grinding for a bunch of balls right now

At least there should be oxygen generator that would be required for additional players (assuming that the capsule has a built-in generator of oxygen sufficient for one person).

13 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

I was thinking also about Synthetic meat in game. I think it might be a good idea.

Nice idea, meat is a good source of protein.

Edited by SpacePotatoe

I feel like you are simply trying to turn this game into Space Engineers ¬¬

Space engineers is a great game.. I would like to see "some things" come from space engineers too like more customizable buildings, bases, vehicles.. Enemies.. Simple Weapons and the ability to actually fly your space ship.

But programmable drones and turrets and exosuits gatlin turrets and energy cannons.. all of that is just space engineers. And you should play space engineers if you like that kind of thing but we already have that game.. and dont need another one EXACTLY like it

2 hours ago, BajungaDustin said:

I would like to see "some things" come from space engineers too like more customizable buildings, bases, vehicles.. Enemies.. Simple Weapons and the ability to actually fly your space ship.

So you want to make Space Engeers from Astroneer? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Simple Weapons

You would like to see simple weapons but weapons on my list are already simple. Do you expect stick as weapon in future?

exosuits gatlin turrets

Tell me where I wrote exosuits with gatling turrets?

.. and dont need another one EXACTLY like it

The strenght of the game is in terrain tool, low poly style, unique hud and detachable modules that fit into everything. Even if they would add Death Star to Astroneer this game will still be Astroneer, not a Star Wars and not a Space Engineers etc.

7 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

So you want to make Space Engeers from Astroneer? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No.. space engineers is a building sandbox that focuses on vehicle creation and exploration with PVP thrown in.

8 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

You would like to see simple weapons but weapons on my list are already simple. Do you expect stick as weapon in future?

No.. but with no real bad guys in the game.. a vehicle mounted "Energy Cannon" tho? to what end? when i said more enemies i meant more plant life like enemies instead of just the proximity based enemies. (Spikes and gas clouds) I would like to see enemies throw things from a distance that are more obvious projectiles and i would like to see a ranged option to disable these plants temporarily so i can run up and dig them out. 

12 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

Tell me where I wrote exosuits with gatling turrets?

you said 

Exoskeleton (better, faster, stronger)
Some objects like a fruits from alien plants and crates are large and heavy,  to raise them without the lift character should be wearing exoskeleton.

• Sentry gun 
Sentry gun with two operating modes
-friendly mode, protecing from only aliens
-hostile mode, protecing from aliens, players (Excluding friends

I missed a comma and took some liberties with Sentry gun definitions because i feel like most sentry guns are gatlin turrets.. i was not suggesting that you means suits with gatlin guns.. sorry if it came across that way.

15 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

The strenght of the game is in terrain tool, low poly style, unique hud and detachable modules that fit into everything. Even if they would add Death Star to Astroneer this game will still be Astroneer, not a Star Wars and not a Space Engineers etc.

I completely agree. The power of this game is the low poly and the unique gameplay features. and yes things from Space engineers and Factorio have had influences on this game without a doubt.. i would like a floating hovercraft of sorts with some storage that i could fly down a hole and land in a cave. or the ability to fly myself to other planets. But to say that that means i want Astroneer to become space engineers is a reach. Space engineers is a MASSIVE space explorations game taking several hours some times to navigate from planet to planet (at normal game speeds) and this game is as the developers put it "Focusing on the player itself rather than a massive environment" 

I appreciate the game as is and its lacking in some fundamentals that will help it drastically. like being able to actually move spaceships and shuttles.. deleting base structures.. and a goal. But the PVP aspect and energy cannons.. drones.. turrets.. sounds a little too much like space engineers to me. I dont need a PVP aspect to enjoy a game. That being said.. if they should ever add that aspect it would have to be available on a server that could have multiple players instead of just 3 or 4. It will also have to have some form of percise landing ability instead of jsut the "blue landing zones" currently because if people want to build a base and then leave it when they log off they would need to be able to come back and find that base either in tact or scrapped by an enemy player while they were offline. And that leaves the game heading toward things like turrets and drones.. and it just feels like its totally going to change the entire feel of the game and just let it blend in to the countless other sandbox pvp games out there.

I was not trying to flame your suggestions just that most of your suggestions are currently available in space engineers and i would like to see this game keep the absence of PVP as one of its strong points. 

7 hours ago, BajungaDustin said:

I dont need a PVP aspect to enjoy a game.

I will just quote post of @StormReachSeven from another topic who hit the nail on the head about PVP in game.

I'm just gonna add my bit on here: A option of PVP would be nice.

With so many people having so many different opinions these days, the developers at least need an option to have combat. Without it, the combatant players will likely leave, and the community will fade. If they choose to make combat mandatory, the peaceful players will leave, and the community will fade (or be overrun by uncreative, bloodthirsty players, which could even be worse). I don't want to see this game go through the abandonment that StarForge and GRAV did, after poor choices on the developers' part lead to a lack of community. Even if one of those two suddenly made an update and gave it everything people wanted, it wouldn't have enough of a community to get back on its feet. A game must have a healthy community to survive. This is just one of many points where the developers will have to think "Where are we going with this game." and "How will this affect us in the long-term.". The healthiest option for games at this point is usually a compromise, or giving the choice to the players, and that's what they should do.

Edited by DragonAstroneer

ughh having turrets, miniguns, or GUNS would actually ruin the game or rather PVP would ruin the game itself, the game is all about EXPLORATION not WAR, why the hell would you put some war on it. I could tolerate MINI-GAMES to have fun but not PVP, and I can tolerate enemies like more plants and such but not pvp and guns, if you would put pvp, do you really think you could make a base peacefully? people would rather go fight and fight every damn day and no one would give a *** going to another places at all and many base would be abandon and base you would see everywhere and it would be very annoying as the peaceful days would be over. I would Love the game to stay co-op or PVE but never a server map at all and put some pvp ughh the game would be destroyed

24 minutes ago, Dioscoros said:

ughh having turrets, miniguns, or GUNS would actually ruin the game or rather PVP would ruin the game itself, the game is all about EXPLORATION not WAR, why the hell would you put some war on it. I could tolerate MINI-GAMES to have fun but not PVP, and I can tolerate enemies like more plants and such but not pvp and guns, if you would put pvp, do you really think you could make a base peacefully? people would rather go fight and fight every damn day and no one would give a *** going to another places at all and many base would be abandon and base you would see everywhere and it would be very annoying as the peaceful days would be over. I would Love the game to stay co-op or PVE but never a server map at all and put some pvp ughh the game would be destroyed

I have a feeling that some of you got problems with reading. I didn't wrote that game should be fully PVP but only contain few aspects of it.

I also would not want to be in a situation where a bunch of losers arrives on my planet and destroys everything around.

Like I said:

On 27.12.2016 at 0:57 PM, DragonAstroneer said:

There should be place for peaceful players and for these one who want some action. We need at least option to have combat. If someone don't want to fight then he don't need to. I think that weapons should be added, but game should not be combat-focused.

Edited by DragonAstroneer

9 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

if you would put pvp, do you really think you could make a base peacefully?

Yes. Disabled PVP on all planets exept Dark Zone.

On 27.12.2016 at 0:57 PM, DragonAstroneer said:

Dark Zones: PVP on some planets where you can find more rare materials. Something like high risk high reward, with a story background that people began to fight among themselfs because they were blinded by wealth, fortune etc.

If someone want to fight then he should fly to Dark Zone where simple pvp is enabled. That's all, no one force you to go there.

First, DragonAstroneer, Thank you for putting this all together.

- Currency makes sense to me depending on the purpose you could use it.

- Planet difficulty yes, increased chances of survival? How would that work? survive bigger falls, bigger oxygen supply (not unlimited) and increased health vs "NPCs"? yeah it makes some sense in that way... I think that planet difficulty should not be so much focused on survival itself, but on puzzle/problem solving for example...  

- weapons, yeah ok, but I would honestly like to have a way to not need them ever... I don't know, it kinda feels out of place in this game... The way I see it is, when I first saw this game, it made my mind drift so far and so fast, that not until now I asked myself about weapons in this game... But that's just how I felt ;)

- If you plant a satellite, the surface map makes sense to me. If you launch a recon drone on the caves, it also makes sense. But I would only make the tunnels permanently visible on map if you placed tethers... IMO

- I would focus the drone on Personal Assistance tasks like carrying a small amount of resources, back and forth between vehicle and base, without communication straight to vehicles or base, if you request something to be brought to you and is out of stock, it would come back empty.

- Reward System
Even with all the information sharing about the game, some of the findings are actually quite tough to get to, or even find. Like the random dead stuffs in caves with the dynamite. The rewards would basically mark important milestones in exploration like:
. Interplanet travel;
. new solar systems;
. dead stuffs (you are not alone after all, I nearly shit myself xD);
. salvager (for using wrecks on your own base build);
. digger (a really big amount of digging and not just around resource pits, like for construction purposes such as ramps in caves or mountains for vehicles);
. builder (a really big amount of terrain building).

- Bigger habitat, yes please... 

- Miscellaneous, yes please... xD

Then I have other suggestions, simple ones:

1 - Beacons
We now how devs feel about chats and communications in game (look on podcast stream on youtube). I agree, it fits the style not to even introduce any text.
So I would suggest like an arrow system on the side of the beacon symbol when you are next to it, where you can choose between the resource symbols, and or vehicles machinery (for crash sites, research pods etc.)

2 - Backpack
I think one of the devs mentioned in a stream about a bigger backpack for late game? I agree, with the option, I would just say a little bit sooner, maybe after your first successful out of world trip (a nice reward).

14 hours ago, BajungaDustin said:

I feel like you are simply trying to turn this game into Space Engineers ¬¬

Space engineers is a great game.. I would like to see "some things" come from space engineers too like more customizable buildings, bases, vehicles.. Enemies.. Simple Weapons and the ability to actually fly your space ship.

But programmable drones and turrets and exosuits gatlin turrets and energy cannons.. all of that is just space engineers. And you should play space engineers if you like that kind of thing but we already have that game.. and dont need another one EXACTLY like it

It's quite positive when game community trying to improve this game, giving own ideas. I noticed the same, some people want to change this game in something else, what is "wrong turn" - if we want to play in something different, we will chose another game. I personally never liked Space Engineers (spent some hours and gave up) - but I really liked other games and not really expecting repetition in all details in this game.

For example - drones, available in Empyrion - and I'm not really excited about this. Of course, could be helpful sometimes, but if drones will never exists, I will not cry.

Most important is stability and performance of this game, many bugs and glitches has to be fixed before any ideas will be implemented. This game, with limited idea is not playable due to low FPS. I compared other space games - and none of them has poor performance. Some people moan about Empyrion, trying to explain poor performance: "Because is Unity engine" - but Emperion, which is still in the development works far better than Astroneer.

2 hours ago, Jackson07EtaG said:

Planet difficulty yes, increased chances of survival?

Hmm...there should be meter which will display in percents the chance of survive with current equipment.

JHZsqYH.png

2 hours ago, Jackson07EtaG said:

How would that work?

Simple example: On the start you are on quite a friendly planet but unfortunately you didn't found any rare raw materials there (that you can sold and get some crystal currency to buy a drone scheme). You decide to travel on another planet. The chance of survive on one of them is about 70% due to the lack of force field that could protect you from acid rain and meteor impacts. Fortunately, you can always hide under the ground, that fact convinces you to risk and travel there.

I think that is a good motivation to explore more of planets.

Anyway, do you like my drawing? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

Hmm...there should be meter which will display in percents the chance of survive with current equipment.

JHZsqYH.png

Potatonium and lovely planet xD

12 hours ago, BajungaDustin said:

I dont need a PVP aspect to enjoy a game.

There should be weapons and simple pvp in special zones but nothing that would make it competitive. I really hate rankings, stats etc. in games.

4 minutes ago, SpacePotatoe said:

There should be weapons and simple pvp in special zones but nothing that would make it competitive. I really hate rankings, stats etc. in games.

That's what I mean.

Stats and rankings make people toxic, not pvp.

Hummm... rather interesting actually, thanks man... I give you a THUMBS UP ;)
The potatonium... Pls devs... please xD (that was great...)
That drawing was great, I bet one of the continents was moving... and the other one was growing and shrinking.... OH WAIT!!!!

Next step... VOLCANOS???? ERUPTIONS?? EARTHQUAKES???

1 hour ago, Nasedo said:

It's quite positive when game community trying to improve this game, giving own ideas. I noticed the same, some people want to change this game in something else, what is "wrong turn" - if we want to play in something different, we will chose another game. I personally never liked Space Engineers (spent some hours and gave up) - but I really liked other games and not really expecting repetition in all details in this game.

For example - drones, available in Empyrion - and I'm not really excited about this. Of course, could be helpful sometimes, but if drones will never exists, I will not cry.

Most important is stability and performance of this game, many bugs and glitches has to be fixed before any ideas will be implemented. This game, with limited idea is not playable due to low FPS. I compared other space games - and none of them has poor performance. Some people moan about Empyrion, trying to explain poor performance: "Because is Unity engine" - but Emperion, which is still in the development works far better than Astroneer.

You are right. Performance is important and these additions come later.
Developers already said that they want to hear the input, but they have a very clear idea of what they want the game to be and to feel.
And from what I understand, exploration is the key word. Or as Buzz would say "Too infinity and beyond..."