Drexl

Cash when digging results in losing all terrain tool mods

Posted (edited)

As the host I've not experienced this issue, but ever since update 1.10.9 my friends are crashing while digging. When they get back in the game all their terrain tool mods are gone. It's happened twice or more now to each of them. I don't have any logs to share unfortunately because it's not my machine. It's only taken a minute or less of digging each time for it to occur.

For one of them they are crashing while digging (last time it only took about 2 canisters of dirt w/o mods before they crashed), and for another they filled up six and they crashed while walking back.

Edited by Drexl

Update: Also, it seems to happen when using rovers as well. Any kind of terrain deformation by clients is causing a crash.

I have had this happen aswell, but only when I join my friends. It doesnt seem to happen as the host. In my experience this only happens when the players are far apart from the host. (on a different planet for example). So far I haven't had these issues staying within close proximity to the host.

Posted (edited)

I had this happen yesterday in a multiplayer (MP) game. Crashed to desktop and when I rejoined all items that had been on my terrain tool were gone. The game stripped a small battery a canister and a drill mod 2. In this particular game all 3 players were on the same planet. I have had this happened to me several times before in other MP games. These are all PC W10 Steam based games, BTW.

Edited by Flyingcrowbar