HEWOLF

starting world with no iron/cooper?

If this is in the wrong spot, sorry about that.

I have started a world and am finding tons of the stuff to make glass, zinc, clay, etc. but I have gone down to the 3rd lvl underground and have not found ANY iron or copper deposits.  I like the map and where I'm positioned. but this is making it hard to advance.  Any suggestions?

Posted (edited)

I assume that you are talking about Sylva as the world that you started. If so, you may be able to find copper ore on the surface but generally it is located high up in the mountains and in fairly small deposits so be prepared to do a lot of running around to collect enough for your needs. As for iron ore, I believe that the developers intentionally made it so that you would have to visit another planet to collect it. You can use the trade platform to get some, but you may need iron to build the trade platform in the first place, so get your travelling shoes on and make a trip to Glacio which has abundant surface deposits of Hematite.  

Edited by Flyingcrowbar

As far as I know. you need iron to even make a shuttle to take you to another planet

4 hours ago, HEWOLF said:

As far as I know. you need iron to even make a shuttle to take you to another planet

You don't. Solid fuel thrusters require only aluminium and ammonium. Every planet has all the resources to build a small shuttle and a thruster, so you can never get stuck.