SES_joe

Update 1.10.9 - March 10, 2020

cover1.10.9.png

Steam players should receive this update today, March 10, 2020.

Xbox 'Play Anywhere' and PS4 players should now see this update as well!

Updates

We have introduced a new item to help players achieve truly flat surfaces, the leveling block! Use them in Creative Mode to snap to the existing voxel grid to create flat surfaces that automatically snap to each other.

20200310150157_1.jpg

For now, the leveling block only exists in Creative mode, but we will evaluate how we can roll it out into the main game without completely breaking the soil economy!
-----
Small scrap items in the world can now be bundled for easier transport! T1 scrap objects will now bundle into a single T1 Scrap Bundle much like Tethers, Glowsticks, and Extenders. It takes five T1 scrap objects to create one full Scrap Bundle, but once a scrap object has been added to a Scrap Bundle, it can not be removed. T1 Scrap Bundles are shreddable in all shredders. 20200211154238_1.jpg

Performance Optimizations

- Implemented performance optimizations to base game systems to continue improving framerate across the board.
- Implemented performance optimizations to speed up processing for hazard behavior and planet particle effects.
Bugs

The following bugs have been fixed as of version 1.10.97.0

General

• - [AS-9879] - After a mysterious absence, Geysers are back on Desolo!
  • - [AS-3952] - Client is now able to see a geyser exploding when it has been dug up.
  • - [AS-5144] - Geyser explosion VFX now match the color of the geyser that is exploding.
  • - [AS-5583] - All Hazard SFX should no longer cut off early or not play at all
  • - [AS-6717] - Control Panels and Catalogs will no longer remain open when a player enters a shuttle or vehicle.
  • - [AS-7191] - Spewer SFX have been restored.
  • - [AS-8830] - Atmospheric Condenser, Small Printer, Medium Printer, and Large Printer can now all be stopped by pressing the A button twice on Xbox controllers.
  • - [AS-9207] - All the creative mode options are set to their defaults when start a new creative mode game after skipping the tutorial.
  • - [AS-9502] - Creative mode catalog button is correctly illuminated.
  • - [AS-9536] - Loose tethers, glowsticks, and extenders will no longer freeze when hovering cursor over any slot greater than T1.
  • - [AS-9589] - The Player landing a shuttle will retain control of the shuttle even if another user enters a seat attached to that shuttle.
  • - [AS-9595] - The resources in the control panel now light up when the client player has them in their backpack, the same way that they do for the host player.
  • - [AS-9604] - Key inputs for the AUX slots on the buggy are correctly oriented.
  • - [AS-9662] - Powerflow will now correctly change when a player connects power to an extender.
  • - [AS-9706] - Research Sample tooltip UI now correctly disappears when the sample is scanned.
  • - [AS-9719] - Large Printer now prints slottable items onto T4 slots.
  • - [AS-9763] - Bouncing and knocking hazards grown from seed by the player will no longer disappear when loading a saved game.
  • - [AS-9830] - Bundles placed on the same slot of any tier will now fill existing bundles on that slot.

- Multiplayer

• - [AS-9600] - Client's grab line and item highlight no longer disappears for items that were quick-stowed from carry.
  • - [AS-9856] - Client can now see VFX when digging up a Spewflower, Hissbine, or Boomalloon.
  • - [AS-9857] - Client is able to interact with seeds and researchables that are spawned when destroying Hazards.
  • - [AS-9870] - Client players are now able to add Tethers, Glowsticks, Extenders and Debris to partial bundles by using their cursor

Localization

• - [AS-8094] - Spanish Localization inconsistencies between color palette names have been fixed.
  • - [AS-9465] - German and Dutch now both use "STARTEN" instead of "START" on the EXO Request Platform control panel.
  • - [AS-9520] - A player-reported Portugese localization error has been fixed. “Aguarde” has been replaced with “Segure” for (HOLD) interactions.
  • - [AS-9910] - The first O in "СТАРОТОВЫЙ" is now removed and now correctly reads "СТАРТОВЫЙ" in Russian.
  • - [AS-10219] - Inhibitor Mod is now called “INIBITORE” in both the catalog and the backpack printer in Italian.

Thanks so much for reading! Look out for an announcement next week regarding our next big content update! 🏗️

-jt

12 hours ago, Андарсен said:

Как выпрямитель ставить прямо? а то вертится во все стороны

English:  How to put a straightener straight? otherwise it turns in all directions

The terrain conforms to a grid system.  Imagine that in the attached gif that there's a Gateway Chamber on each of the blue squares.  That means there are 4 on the equator,  one at the north pole, and one at the south pole -- just like in the game.  When you are building in one of these locations, the terrain is naturally parallel to your feet.  Starting at or near a gateway chamber is the simplest way to achieve the flat surface you're looking for. 

Рельеф соответствует сетке. Представьте себе, что в прикрепленном gif есть камера Ворот на каждом из синих квадратов. Это означает, что на экваторе их четыре, один на северном полюсе и один на южном полюсе - как в игре. Когда вы строите в одном из этих мест, местность, естественно, параллельна вашим ногам. Начинать с камеры шлюза или рядом с ней - самый простой способ получить плоскую поверхность, которую вы ищете.

P2-A5-P3.gif

When you start, however, your shelter is somewhere between the Equator and the North Pole, so you are in a red or white area (as shown in the gif).  It is still possible to put blocks together to make a plane parallel to the bottom of your feet appear.  To do this, use the leveling block to make a terrain cube on the floor.  Now, use the leveling block and make another terrain cube near the corner of the first one.  As you play with this, you will likely see a small triangle emerge that is parallel to your feet instead of sloped to the side.  Place your cursor on that triangle and begin spreading out the flat surface.  

Однако когда вы начинаете, ваше укрытие находится где-то между экватором и северным полюсом, поэтому вы находитесь в красной или белой области (как показано на рисунке). Еще можно собрать блоки, чтобы появилась плоскость, параллельная нижней части ваших ног. Чтобы сделать это, используйте выравнивающий блок, чтобы сделать куб местности на полу. Теперь используйте выравнивающий блок и сделайте еще один куб местности около угла первого. Играя с этим, вы, скорее всего, увидите маленький треугольник, который параллелен вашим ногам, а не наклонен в сторону. Поместите курсор в этот треугольник и начните распространять плоскую поверхность.

My friend StackMan88 showed how stacking cubes on the corners of other cubes reveals some of these other angles.  

Мой друг StackMan88 показал, как сложение кубов на углах других кубов показывает некоторые из этих других углов.

20200226025450_1.jpg

6 hours ago, TheUnknownDeaths said:

Wait, so you're telling me I can now not only put 1 dynamite into a shredder, but 5 AS A STACK!?

hehehe

Lol, you're a monster.  😂

It doesn't quite work that way.  This new feature only applies to the small debris pieces, so since dynamite is an item and not debris, it will not go into the bundle.  Things like broken tethers, broken extenders, small pieces of trim, platform legs, etc will group into a bundle when you add them to your inventory/storage.  

Love it but OMG please fix the rovers, they slow down and stop still with the paver and drill active, the large rover, on xbox one. Please please please please please please. This bug has been around for sooo long now and it's really the only thing deterring me from playing for extended periods of time.

And when are the dedicated servers coming finally? Or even better a server that i can run locally here!

13 hours ago, DReaMoR said:

And when are the dedicated servers coming finally? Or even better a server that i can run locally here!

Dedicated Servers are currently being beta tested.  They'll be public soon.  Third party dedicated servers will be available from Nitrado.  When those servers are released, the option to host your own will also be available.  

Looks good so far. Now, bring the leveling box to normal mode and i give this game another chance.

Btw what does it mean " breaking the soil economy "? I can't remember any soil economy in the alpha.

Excuse my ignorance but where would I be finding one of those there "levelling boxes" please?

I'm in creative mode on a savegame btw.

Thunks.

37 minutes ago, nerb said:

Excuse my ignorance but where would I be finding one of those there "levelling boxes" please?

I'm in creative mode on a savegame btw.

Thunks.

I gotchu my dude.neer123.thumb.jpg.7e45e366f11393ff76f3a98dd8a977e0.jpg

Posted (edited)

I am on Steam and it is not NOT updating to this new patch, how do I make this happen?

Edited by Titico7777

46 minutes ago, Titico7777 said:

I am on Steam and it is not NOT updating to this new patch, how do I make this happen?

Verify the game files and make sure you're not opted into any beta branches.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:44 PM, mumbles mumbles said:

Love it but OMG please fix the rovers, they slow down and stop still with the paver and drill active, the large rover, on xbox one. Please please please please please please. This bug has been around for sooo long now and it's really the only thing deterring me from playing for extended periods of time.

I play on PC, so perhaps my experience is different. I like that the drill and paver can be active when stopped. That way I can tilt the rover up and down slightly to make the surface I am paving blend into the same height as a natural surface beyond my drill/paver. And I like that the rover stops and the drill/paver shuts off when I jump out of the seat.

Does anyone have problems with portals? There appear to be doubled and overlapping in every single plante. Teleporting with them won't work. 

15 hours ago, shyneutrino said:

Does anyone have problems with portals? There appear to be doubled and overlapping in every single plante. Teleporting with them won't work. 

Hm... We had this happen once on Glacio, but every planet? Could you fire that save over to us at Support@SystemEra.net? Thanks!

On 4/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, SES_Marc said:

Hm... We had this happen once on Glacio, but every planet? Could you fire that save over to us at Support@SystemEra.net? Thanks!

Sent, thanks for help.

On 4/6/2020 at 12:34 AM, shyneutrino said:

Yup, happened yesterday on Glacio as well and only. I found a 2 levels portal. 

There is a lot of issues on Glacio : the beams doesn't disappeared after you actived the portal, 2 levels portals and I activated all the portals by doing only 4 (versus 6).

But no issues on others planets.

I know you guys are busy working on the game, and the world is a scary-er place right now, but... I still have to ask.

At the end of the last patch announcement you wrote "Next time we talk I will be sharing more details about the roll out of dedicated servers!" and I'd really like to be able to play with more than 4 players. ps: If you are interested in having an external person beta test with friends the dedicated server (assuming it runs on a headless ubuntu box), I'd love to.

At the end of this announcement you wrote "Look out for an announcement next week regarding our next big content update!" and that was March 10th. Is everything ok over there?

Thanks.

The cube that is the tool shall simply be on top of the cursor when the actual tool is equipped.

We definitely need more possible orientation for that cube.