Looking back, this isn't so much a fully developed idea as it is an inspiration for things to come. Here it is: being able to put satellites into orbit.

First off, this would add a new aspect to the game, of space travel, perhaps occasionally the satellites get damaged and you have to do dangerous spacewalks to repair them. As for what the satellites can do? I don't know. Maybe they allow you to get a birds-eye view of the planet and can mark different crashed spaceships for you to salvage. Maybe it will point out points of interest on the world, like ruins or exo dynamic triangle thingamabobs. Perhaps you can stock up the satellite with resources, that way if you ever get lost on a planet it can drop the resources back down to you and you can resupply and stuff. Maybe it can do whatever. I'm really just putting this idea out there so that I can hear from other people as to what else satellites could do. 

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work, System Era!

It will be cool if you have to launch gps satelites before gps will start to work.

Posted (edited)

It would be cool if you would need to launch network satellites for the network to work and you would be able to make video cameras, audio microphones and speakers to talk with other people if you don't have another way to talk with them.

Edited by BlockOfGaming

On 3/10/2020 at 10:12 PM, Fillerz said:

As for what the satellites can do? I don't know. Maybe they allow you to get a birds-eye view of the planet and can mark different crashed spaceships for you to salvage. Maybe it will point out points of interest on the world, like ruins or exo dynamic triangle thingamabobs. Perhaps you can stock up the satellite with resources, that way if you ever get lost on a planet it can drop the resources back down to you and you can resupply and stuff.

And to do all of this stuff you would need different upgrades.

On 3/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, KuKu43 said:

It will be cool if you have to launch gps satelites before gps will start to work.

That’s a really good idea!