whiteratredeyes

Trouble Connecting to Co-op: Same Game Version, Different Game?

Haven't played the game in a while, so this error may be update related. But I verified game files through Steam and everything seems to be alright.

When I try to play co-op I keep getting a weird error I've never encountered before. First, when I'm in the menu no friends show up in the co-op list, and no friends show up in game. When I try to join a friend's game through the Steam overlay nothing happens. When I try and accept an invite from the menu an error message pops up saying "This invitation is for a different game than the one you're currently playing. Please close the current game, and accept the invitation from your desktop." When I try and accept the invite from desktop, nothing happens and I go to the normal menu. My friend and I both have the same update version and everything. Also, one time when I tried to open the game an an Error message 6608 popped up, but I couldn't find reference of it online. Anyone know a way I can get co-op to work again?

2 hours ago, whiteratredeyes said:
Haven't played the game in a while, so this error may be update related. But I verified game files through Steam and everything seems to be alright.

Are you in the beta branch or something by any chance? Right click Astroneer in the Steam library and check the properties. 

17 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

Are you in the beta branch or something by any chance? Right click Astroneer in the Steam library and check the properties. 

Nope, not in Beta. The account I'm trying to co-op with isn't in beta either