We need constellations.

KuKu43

As topic says we need constellations. Not much but like one in the north pole and one in the south pole for navigation purposes + some realistic. Example: ursa minor(polaris) in the north pole and crux in the south pole or any other constellations which easy to remember and navigate by stars in those..

P.S. Not english native :/

There's a band of stars above the equator, I think that's as good as celestial navigation is going to get in the game. You've got that and a compass, happy days.

The devs have hinted that more advanced navigation facilities will be available in the next year. 

14 hours ago, KuKu43 said:

As topic says we need constellations. Not much but like one in the north pole and one in the south pole for navigation purposes + some realistic. Example: ursa minor(polaris) in the north pole and crux in the south pole or any other constellations which easy to remember and navigate by stars in those..

P.S. Not english native :/

Welcome to the forums btw :) 
Good idea, I would love finding stuff like constellations, like in the Christmas update we had aurora borealis at 
North Poles on all the planets, it was cool.

Edited by TMarcher74

21 hours ago, Blind Io said:

There's a band of stars above the equator, I think that's as good as celestial navigation is going to get in the game. You've got that and a compass, happy days.

The devs have hinted that more advanced navigation facilities will be available in the next year. 

The sky is pretty empty behind the equator. It's a lot better to look at up than messing with a mouse.. It can be very usefull at the beginning when u didn't explored nav system. And even beside of that, it's alot faster look around than messing with nav system.(To know on which the pole u are)

This game is about space but somewhy it has horrible skybox and triangle stars, horrible direct interplanet trips via planets, it's not even a fly, it's just a translation.. FACEPALM

TMarcher74 ty

I got so lost one time in early access that I had to die to get back to base. It was mostly because I drove my buggy into a deep hole and was so turned around by the time I got back to the surface that I couldn't find home. I also didn't know about the "band of stars" at that point either, but I still lost a buggy and all the equipment that was on my backpack.. Now I use a bulletproof method for finding my way home. 1. Pick a landing site that is North of the equator [located to the right of your space ship as it orbits the planet] 2. Run a tether line from newly established base to the north pole [Most planets have a Gateway structure located at the pole and for the ones that don't use the compass to locate the pole and build a soil pillar at the pole {beacon optional}] Now if I do happen to get lost I just go North from wherever I am on the planet until I reach the pole and then follow the tether line back to base. Granted, I don't get lost very much anymore, but it gives a lot of peace of mind knowing that I only need to follow the compass North to get back home if do get lost.

I sometimes do this, but most often, I drill a path from base to core, then, whenever I'm lost, I just go to the core, find the ramp I made from base, and go up that. And this one works on all planets, in every situation, provided you have a canister and a drill mod 1