Sign in to follow this  
Mordred478

Returning player baffled by Atmospheric Condensor

As the title suggests, I have returned to the game after a very long absence. I have created the atmospheric condenser and connected it to plenty of power, but I can't figure out how to "switch it on", how to make it work. I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental, so help would be appreciated. Thanks.

...hang on, Jurgis, i just need to answer this post from my troubled friend here.......

the condenser has a control panel, like the printers and the resource chamber and the pizza oven. hover over it and press, and up it pops. it has a menu, scroll through the options to pick your chosen gas. some are only available on certain planets, some are present, but not plentiful. pick the one you want and hit the big green button under the cover. if the button isn't green, you haven't got any power so check you connections (or that the sun is out or it's windy).

once pressed, the condenser will make little cans of gas with five 'uses' in them. it needs to cycle five times to get a full can. each can is usable five times in the pizza oven - sorry, crafting chamber thingy - until it disappears.

the condenser stops when there's no more power, or there's no more places to put full cans, or when you press the red X button on the control panel.

...ok Jurgis baby i'm back. if were doing season six can i be joey this time and you can be Phoebe? hey, how YOU doin?......

Edited by Bron

My thanks, Joey. 😉 The problem is, I have both a medium wind turbine and a medium solar panel attached directly to the atmospheric condenser, on its left side, the same side I have such power producing units attached to all my other gizmos, and yet the button still remains black, not green. Something ain't right.

check your power cabling. are there directional yellow arrows/ chevrons on them? look carefully, they don't glow yellow unless there's power to flow.

the use of extenders to connect stuff is directional, as is connecting vehicles. make sure you've connected everything so the power is flowing towards the condenser's platform. you have to pull them out from the power source towards the thing that requires power.

Just now, Mordred478 said:

Question: Does the atmospheric condenser also need an oxygenator attached to it?

No, but it does need a constant large power supply. You should connect your platforms together. You'd need 3 medium solar panels at full capacity to run the condenser. 

Ah, I discovered my mistake. I had a small (soil) canister attached to the front of the atmospheric condensor, from when I thought that was the type of canister it needed. It works now, at least for making Hydrogen.

2 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

No, but it does need a constant large power supply. You should connect your platforms together. You'd need 3 medium solar panels at full capacity to run the condenser. 

OK, I will see to that, thanks.

it's not too helpful that the game allows the wrong container to prevent function like this. perhaps a warning on the control panel that says 'please remove object from front port' or something?

BTW if you look again at my first reply i did say that the condenser 'makes cans of gas'. no need for a canister.