Powerwortel

Game will not load

Hi Guys,

I've been playing this wonderfull game since the Beta. I've seen a lot! I just started out a new game and i'm almost finished with Glacio. 
But my saved game will not load at all now. The load bar get stuck in about 25% in. And then my computer freezes. I do not wish to start all over again. 

I've played before is this a computer problem or.... is there something els going wrong? 

I had saves being broken by updates several times. Not sure if there is any way of recovering a crapped one.

I've got the same problem now as well, I had played the game a few times after the patch without a problem, but now it tries to load the game then eventually crashes. My save was from about the lunar update last year which I've been playing on and off since and had unlocked 4 of the planets and all the tech.

The problem seems to be a memory leak, I started a new game and played for around an hour and monitored the memory usage during that time. A new game seems to ramp up to around 2gb memory usage then slowly drops to around 1gb.

When I try my old save it very quickly ramps up to around 4.8gb at which point it runs out of memory ( I have 8gb ) then task manager reports that Astro is not responding, the memory usage drops again to around 2gb, then ramps up again to 4.8gb then the game crashes.

I'm not sure how useful this is, but I'm guessing my save is lost.