Sign in to follow this  
HankHeel

Crossplat play between Windows 10 & XBL?

Hi! I know recently Microsoft has been starting to push a merger between the windows platform and xbox live. I was just hoping that if I bought the Windows version of the game that it would maybe one day be cross platform with my friends on Xbox Live. 

I think that is a great idea! But due to the lack of Developers at the minute and the road of progression they will need to take, I feel if they do decide to go down the road of cross platforms; it's gonna be a while!

its ALLREADY been confirmed on the Dev's youtube page during twitch live streams that Win10 & Xbox One Live Crossplay Will be a thing IF your on each others friends list MY question how ever is this:

Will the Steam version of the game have a code for the win10 store to say yes this game is being played and allow CrossPlay with Xbox One and Steam players?

if not then maybe add this feature otherwise your going to have a split community of Steam only players vs. the Xbox One & Win10 players admittedly XB1 & Win10 will probably be the smaller side of the community its still a split cause I have friends holding back on buying it cause they want to buy steam copies & don't have Xbox One consoles & they don't like the win10 store.

1 minute ago, SES_Adam said:

It's 100% our intention to support cross play between Xbox and Windows!

Sorry Adam but you said too much of a Generic Reply. 

Will Xbox Players be able to play with Steam Players. 

26 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it :)

40 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:

we all know about the window 10 crossplay with XB1 but that doesn't tell us weather steam players can play with XB1 players. Please clarify with yes or no to Steam client on win10 to XB1 Crossplay or no Crossplay requires win10 store purchase from Microsoft.

4 hours ago, Torkkar said:

we all know about the window 10 crossplay with XB1 but that doesn't tell us weather steam players can play with XB1 players. Please clarify with yes or no to Steam client on win10 to XB1 Crossplay or no Crossplay requires win10 store purchase from Microsoft.

I would definitely like to know this too. I purchased the Windows 10 version to get the Xbox version as well, but I didn't realize it was siloed off from the Steam version. If it's not possible, could we perhaps get a Steam key in the future if we purchased the Win store version?

No, Steam players won't be able to play with anyone but other Steam players. They'd have to set up an own server infrastructure to make this possible. And the game had to grow more than enormously to afford that. This was explained several times pre-launch.

Given they are planning on supporting dedicated servers in the future, I suspect at that stage of development we will see cross play between console and PC, Mac, regardless of platform (assuming the versioning of the game is consistent).

On 12/17/2016 at 11:25 PM, BoredGoneWild said:

No. Steam doesn't play well with others. End of story.

That's not true at all.
You just have to create an infrastructure all your own to to be able to support cross platform play. That's not Steam's fault. Steam has little reason to create a system that communicates with other platforms. 

I don't know if get the whole thing completely wrong, so please correct me in that case:

It was my understanding that I can play the game on my XBox with a friend who has the Windows10-PC-Version (crossplay between XBox One and PC). Obviously, this is not possible at the moment. Is there anyone who can tell me when this feature will be enabled? I can't find any sufficient information on this point. Thanks a lot.

I think that's up to Microsoft, as I don't think cross play is yet ready on their side, it's effectively the exact same code for Xbox and windows App Store games.