Sign in to follow this  
olds

Game Unplayable on PS4: Online Performance FUBAR

Hello community and hello devs,

I've just recently discovered Astroneer, love it and would like to continue doing so. Which is why I took the time to sign-up on this board and actually voice this issue.

I'm talking about the framerate drops. I know that the most recent update 1.9.8. (I believe) was supposed to fix this issue on consoles. It did not however.

Issue description: 

The game is unplayable on PS4pro at this point in time. I'm referring exclusively to the online co-op part of it. I've been enjoying some eight (8) hours of gameplay with a friend, building bases, figuring things out and just recently, traveling to the moon. My friend is hosting the game. He gets slight framerate drops in our main base back on earth (calling the starting planet that, as I forgot its name) but can still play. I however get 3-5 frames per 2-5 seconds on earth, which makes it unbearable and unplayable. Now, I've read that too many tethers can cause this, so we started removing a lot of them. Two things about that though: 1. It makes navigation a lot harder and 2. it's not helping the issue. I still can barely move on earth. 

When I am on the moon everything works fine. The base and tethering is very limited there though as we just landed there. I'm guessing it'll start getting choppy for me there too, once we start exploring and tethering more. Once I return to earth my game is done for.

Another two facts: Once my frames dropped, the sound also gets chopped up and noisy and traveling between planets (earth and moon) won't fix the issue. I need to log out and rejoin to get stable framerate again.

Question

As I found others on reddit voicing this issue continuing after the most recent update I feel like I'm not alone.

Is there dev feedback on this? Do devs know the update didn't fix anything? Do devs know what's causing the framerate drop? And Is there a fix you are working on?

Thank you for taking the time reading this.

Edited by olds