Brian Hoffman

Crash Everytime I try to save via vehicle and shelter entry

For the past week I have been getting nearly constant crashes Everytime the game attempts to auto save via entering a vehicle or the shelter. I love this game however it has made it nearly impossible to play.

Same here, on XB1.  This is my second play through since my first save crashed so much I assumed it was a corrupted save so I started a new game.  Now it is happening all over again.  

Same here (X1), getting so tired of holding my breathe for 10 seconds every time I jump in a vehicle. It’s soooo frustrating, I just want to enjoy this awesome game, but this is gonna kill it for me. PLEASE FIX THIS!!! 

So...same as everyone else...i tried to get an answer from the devs...getting ghosted harder than on tinder.  I've also only been getting crashes since 1.9.8 a week or so ago.  I don't even care if they tell us that they don't know what causes it.  Just tell us that you are aware of the issue and all will be fine so that i dont spend hours reloading the game for no reason.

Has anyone ever just shut off all of their bases on each planet to see if its just XBO that can't handle the overload?  If i recall it seems like my game ran way smoother when i only had a Sylva base with minimal items running at once.  I'm wondering if i just reached a maximum entity #.

I only have Glacio left to unlock and i cant even make it to the next checkpoint without it crashing on me.  Kermitting neck rope seems like a viable option at this time.

Made account to report this as well. Xbox1. Game crashes with vehicle and field shelter. Is virtually unplayable now. Have restarted 10 times today already and lost all progress each time. Have started carrying shuttle with me and saving every 2 minutes to try to keep progress. Very frustrated. Am down to last gate and would like to finish the game.

Destroy anything you don’t need. Get rid of unused tethers on other planets. I had the same issues and restarted, you have to go the minimalist route. Only make what you need. On 2nd play through I did this, and my save ended up being under 9mb. Still had a few crashes though. From what I see, once your save gets around and above 9-12mb, the game starts takin a s¥#t

i genuinely hope they fix this problem, the game runs smoothly for me and the people i play with, but the consistent crashing just immediately ends the fun for me. They have to know this is a problem by now, so many people come on these forums just to report their crashes.

I'm having the exact same issue on Xbox One X. 50% of the time, when I enter a vehicle or ship or Shelter, it crashes. I have lost so much time on this that I'm close to deleting the game and moving on to something else.

Also, why can't the Save file be directed to external media? I have the game loaded on a USB 3.1 external SSD drive, but the save file can only be saved to the internal HDD - which slows things down a tonne.

Yeah been playing the game for a few years now and this needs to be fixed!  Crashes every few saves and I lose alot of gameplay. Will not be playing until this bug is fixed. Looks like it is affecting both PS and XBOX console players...

On 2/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, Pascal Vautour said:

So...same as everyone else...i tried to get an answer from the devs...getting ghosted harder than on tinder.  I've also only been getting crashes since 1.9.8 a week or so ago.  I don't even care if they tell us that they don't know what causes it.  Just tell us that you are aware of the issue and all will be fine so that i dont spend hours reloading the game for no reason.

Has anyone ever just shut off all of their bases on each planet to see if its just XBO that can't handle the overload?  If i recall it seems like my game ran way smoother when i only had a Sylva base with minimal items running at once.  I'm wondering if i just reached a maximum entity #.

I only have Glacio left to unlock and i cant even make it to the next checkpoint without it crashing on me.  Kermitting neck rope seems like a viable option at this time.

IS not your fault. SIMPLY NOBODY ON SYSTEM ERA, CARES ABOUT...! 8 OF EVERY 10 TIMES I WANT TO SAVE MY PROGRESS  THE GAME CRASHES. THIS IS FRUSTRATING AND INCOMPRENSIBLE. There is no logic, IN making a great game like this, and front some point, you are no longer able to save your PROGRESS. This happens since your save data reaches aprox. 20 MB. From this point, the problem is persistent. Believe me I tried everything, BUT the problem is on the missattention in the System Era TEAMWORK. There are enough complies on this matter, but those guys have their ears closed and their mouths shout.