I was up early and came up with the idea for reintroducing the Exo Request Platform (ERP) outside of just events. It is somewhat hinted in the game that this module is meant for quests and i have some suggestions for it.

- Using bytes players can unlock different levels of quests ranging from common > rare > epic > legendary > event > seasonal at different byte costs. Each new quest will cost a specific amount of bytes and is randomized from a pool. You can only embark on 1 quest at a time but you can choose the difficulty. while event and seasonal quests will persist throughout their featured duration.

- common quests can be something where players will package or deliver backpack crafted items or tier 2 items

- rare quests can be something like use the radar to find a specific non scrapable/indestructible object in the world and attach a radar to it. but requires completing the first radar feature in the planet (this would involve adding the radar widget to some of those indestructible objects) or maybe adding a repair tool that can be used to repair salvage or simply repackaging specific salvage to be delivered via the rocket.

- epic quests can involve performing or delivering certain tier 3 or 4 objects to the gateway chambers and others this would involve adding some what for them to consume these objects

- legendary quests can be something that requires the player to generate a certain amount of power to launch the ERP rocket.

The above quests can be abandoned at any time, like cancelling research.

- event quest can remain the same as they are now and are only available during certain events the devs feel necessary eg. Halloween, Christmas, charities, etc.

- Seasonal quests is something i would like to see added to the game where you can start a New Seasonal Adventure and the season will last say 3-4 months where players have a limited time to unlock some Seasonal exclusive rewards cosmetic and other features during the season. however the seasonal file will be deleted or become non-seasonal after this period. These quests will only be available on a seasonal file and can range anywhere from completing the game or completing x number of deliveries eg. 50 common, 20 rare, 10 epic, 5 legendary missions to unlock the seasonal reward.

Now those are just some suggestions as to what the quests can entail with multiple variations for each level as the developers see fit. as for rewards for each tier of quests its up to devs but my suggestion would work around

-common - other materials, or items eg. trade 4 medium platforms A for 2 malachite or 3 scraps or 1 medium platform B

-rare - can reward with a fixed version of salvage or some harder to obtain resources. so returning 3 salvage medium generators will reward with 1 working medium generator or materials crafted from chemistry lab

epic - these quests can reward with rarer items like an RTG or canisters of gasses like hydrogen.

legendary - quests can be something that can reward with in game currency used in the cash shop when that's implemented or for rewarding players with items a tier above the input. eg. deliver 4 tier 3 objects to get 1 tier 4 object

Seasonal quests are meant to be long term undertakings since they will be required to start a new seasonal file per season.

This is a relatively long post but I really enjoy this game and would really like to see it grow. These are just some ideas I have and hope to post more in the future.
The TL:DR version  Use bytes to unlock quests in the ERP that reward players with resources or items of equal or greater quality.

Edited by Vorinn