True Flat - Temp Visible Grid

somebunni

Those who know me know i have a thing for True Flat and I'm so jazzed to see it make its comeback.  I know tools are being developed to make it easier for peeps to accomplish.  Thinking about that, what if there was way to allow temporary visibility of the grid?  Then peeps could find the areas of the planet True Flat will work on properly, in order that it snaps and can be built with.  You can smooth a surface pretty much anywhere, but building has to be lined up to the grid.

My idea comes from Terraria building tools that allow the grid to be shown so you can measure and build accordingly.  I realize that is a very different style of game, but I wondered if something similar could be developed or revealed if it is possible, to make it easier to find a "flat" location to build from.

The first step in allowing people to do this more easily, is to help find a location it will work with.  I think something along these lines solves that problem.

Thanks as always for listening SES!  Hugs to all!

still not understanding the true flat fetish going on.  i can make things flat enough.  you're dealing with working on a ball, what do you expect.

6 minutes ago, nunya said:

still not understanding the true flat fetish going on.  i can make things flat enough.  you're dealing with working on a ball, what do you expect.

Must be why they've made it a feature of the game!  lol