GingerelliKat

Research chamber cancel button - IM UPSET

OKay... so.. IM UPSET. I HAD A 2,500 BYTE WORTH RESEARCH ITEM!! 

and...... i   accidentally   clicked   the   research   button   THREE   times   instead   of   TWO   times.

this means i opened the button cover clicked the green button and then clicked it again ( the cancel button ) which DELETED my 2,500 bytes...

O \ n / O

😡🤬🤬

it needs to not be that way... at all... ever

im very salty rn 😒

Yes, many of us don't understand the reasoning for it being like this. I've been known to be overzealous with my mouse and clicked one too many times, and there goes my 8k research. Hope this gets changed in the future to "pause research" instead of "delete."

I believe this was meant so that, if you have something like a surface research item from Sylva, and were researching it, which would get about 60 bytes over the course of 5 minutes, you could get rid of it to make space for a bigger and better Research item, but I've done this, as well, and deleted a 12 KB RI, and I was devastated, because I was new, and didn't know that The surface of Glacio is littered with EDRAs that pretty much have a minimum of 7.2 KB in it (imo, the 7.2 KB RIs are the best, since they give something close to 270 B/m, which is more that any other RI, I believe), but I think that the cancel button and the start button shouldn't be in the same place, so that people who triple click, rather than double click, don't accidentally delete their progress.