GingerelliKat

Auto starting research chamber

I think it would be handy if a research chamber could start on its own when there is a researchable item on the same table.

I often get a lot of astronium when I don't want to go running around looking for research items. I get about 10 astronium, but I have to start it every time. I would be useful if it could just go on its own without me worrying about. Sometimes I plant popcoral, but I also have to run around getting seeds for those, and the drop-rate of that is low.

Sorry about not much info or details, was time rushed.

Yea, but you can do it all in one fell swoop, so you can get through it faster, rather than doing it for a long time. I gathered like, 18 Research Items, and just made 6 Research Chambers, and that worked just fine.

1 hour ago, [7S]Vilynn said:

Yea, but you can do it all in one fell swoop, so you can get through it faster, rather than doing it for a long time. I gathered like, 18 Research Items, and just made 6 Research Chambers, and that worked just fine.

I don't think you are understanding. Yes, that I way to do it. That is already how I do it, but I don't want to do it this way. It would be extremely useful to just stack up a bunch of research items and not have do do anything about it for like 20 or however many game days.

I understand just fine, I know that you're asking for an auto-start feature, I'm just not sure how likely that is to happen, as automation isn't a huge thing with SES atm

11 hours ago, [7S]Vilynn said:

I understand just fine, I know that you're asking for an auto-start feature, I'm just not sure how likely that is to happen, as automation isn't a huge thing with SES atm

Funny thing is, I’m sure the Research Chamber used to ‘pull’ items into itself from storage.

i saw it in a YouTube video on an earlier build, I think the video was on One Last Midnights channel. There was a short clip of Astronium moving from storage into the chamber...

if I am remembering correctly (I’ve been asleep many times since I saw it!) then it’s either a bug (that it doesn’t pull research in automatically) or disabled as a means of preventing people cheesing Bytes from natural resources.

You could make a ridiculous amount of Bytes with little no effort using a Soil Processor, Smelter or both in combination with storage silos and a research chamber all mounted on a Large Rovers IF the chamber was on auto.

8 hours ago, dandanielordanny said:

Funny thing is, I’m sure the Research Chamber used to ‘pull’ items into itself from storage.

i saw it in a YouTube video on an earlier build, I think the video was on One Last Midnights channel. There was a short clip of Astronium moving from storage into the chamber...

if I am remembering correctly (I’ve been asleep many times since I saw it!) then it’s either a bug (that it doesn’t pull research in automatically) or disabled as a means of preventing people cheesing Bytes from natural resources.

You could make a ridiculous amount of Bytes with little no effort using a Soil Processor, Smelter or both in combination with storage silos and a research chamber all mounted on a Large Rovers IF the chamber was on auto.

Did it auto-start though? Maybe the auto-start could only be allowed on certain resources if you think it could be abused in that way.

I have been playing since 2016 and have never experienced the research chamber automatically grabbing items.  I do hope that they will add this in the future though.

I would love to fill my Large Silo B's with a dozen research items each and then, as Ron Popeil would say, Set it and forget it!  Until then, I will probably continue to get the majority of my research bytes from the tier 1 research samples found on rocks and flora.

4 hours ago, GingerelliKat said:

Did it auto-start though? Maybe the auto-start could only be allowed on certain resources if you think it could be abused in that way.

4 hours ago, Gina said:

I have been playing since 2016 and have never experienced the research chamber automatically grabbing items.  I do hope that they will add this in the future though.

I would love to fill my Large Silo B's with a dozen research items each and then, as Ron Popeil would say, Set it and forget it!  Until then, I will probably continue to get the majority of my research bytes from the tier 1 research samples found on rocks and flora.

If I am remembering correctly, the chamber was already running when I saw the Astronium move from storage to the chamber. I’ll see if I can find the clip for you this weekend. Maybe I dreamt it! 🙂

It would make sense (as you say) for the chamber to auto-start if the is a research item available in local storage.

Maybe it should be more like the Smelter, it’s either on/off. If it’s on then it simply drags into itself whatever is in local storage and can be researched?

it would free the player to engage in the fun part of researching, running around and collecting the research.

4 hours ago, dandanielordanny said:

If I am remembering correctly, the chamber was already running when I saw the Astronium move from storage to the chamber. I’ll see if I can find the clip for you this weekend. Maybe I dreamt it! 🙂

It would make sense (as you say) for the chamber to auto-start if the is a research item available in local storage.

Maybe it should be more like the Smelter, it’s either on/off. If it’s on then it simply drags into itself whatever is in local storage and can be researched?

it would free the player to engage in the fun part of researching, running around and collecting the research.

I hope you find the video, thanks, and the on/off idea is good!

Haven't played in a while, but if basic resouces can still be researched the auto option should be limited to the item type you started with to avoid "unforseen consequences" ;)

This would be amazing for eking out more research bytes from the little Research Samples that grow on things. They give more bytes (3x) when researched in a chamber, fit in a Tier 1 slot, and right now are not really worth carrying back to base. But if the Research Chamber worked as proposed, one could conceivably bring a Medium Storage or two filled with them and plop it down and let the chamber do the work.

- g

On 1/12/2020 at 8:57 AM, EmeraldGamerr said:

May come with the future "automation" update

*isn't confirmed to be a thing... yet

I sincerely hope it will be a thing! :-)

On 1/14/2020 at 11:28 AM, Hyler said:

This would be amazing for eking out more research bytes from the little Research Samples that grow on things. They give more bytes (3x) when researched in a chamber, fit in a Tier 1 slot, and right now are not really worth carrying back to base. But if the Research Chamber worked as proposed, one could conceivably bring a Medium Storage or two filled with them and plop it down and let the chamber do the work.

- g

YES!!

On 1/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, [7S]Vilynn said:

Do you not play this game?  Do you not see how the smelter automatically grabs resources?  How is that "automation isn't a huge thing"?