GingerelliKat

Getting caught on rocks on Calidor

So I'm running around on Calidor, and you know the little rocks all over the terrain. The tiny cube rocks, the same color as the ground. I keep getting stuck on those and it is really annoying. It pauses my running for like a second, more or less. Sometimes, I don't even see a rock! Unless there are even tinier rocks or they are like 95% in the ground, yet I still hit their hitboxes.

I'm unsure if it happens on other planets

Are you actually seeing these small rocks? The game has had problems with what has been dubbed "sticky ground" which is where your Astroneer gets hung up on seemingly flat terrain and appears to be walking or running, but is not moving. An occasional hop will get you moving again, but it is very annoying to have to do that when the ground appears to be flat and clear of obstructions and your guy still doesn't move.

1 hour ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

Are you actually seeing these small rocks? The game has had problems with what has been dubbed "sticky ground" which is where your Astroneer gets hung up on seemingly flat terrain and appears to be walking or running, but is not moving. An occasional hop will get you moving again, but it is very annoying to have to do that when the ground appears to be flat and clear of obstructions and your guy still doesn't move.

Yes, I think this is what it is. 

It has been an issue or a while, and even though it has allegedly been "fixed" on several occasions it seems to keep coming back. Granted, it is a minor problem compared to some that have occurred, but it is still quite annoying. I was playing earlier today on Glacio and was having lots o trouble with sticky ground. In my experience, it seems to be worse on some planets than others. I very rarely notice it occurring on Sylva, but on Glacio it seems that you can't take a short stroll without having to adopt the "hop as you go" technique to keep moving and not get hung up.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:54 AM, Flyingcrowbar said:

It has been an issue or a while, and even though it has allegedly been "fixed" on several occasions it seems to keep coming back. Granted, it is a minor problem compared to some that have occurred, but it is still quite annoying. I was playing earlier today on Glacio and was having lots o trouble with sticky ground. In my experience, it seems to be worse on some planets than others. I very rarely notice it occurring on Sylva, but on Glacio it seems that you can't take a short stroll without having to adopt the "hop as you go" technique to keep moving and not get hung up.

lol