Getting stuck at planet sky barrier until death

This happened to me in the same world on PC and Xbox. (one time on each)

So, I made a very very very tall ramp into the sky, on Sylva. The soil turned blue and the planet looked small. I noticed something in the air that wasn't a star. I got excited because I wanted to try to build a ramp to another planet, knowing that the Desolo that I see isn't really there. The thing I saw is very small but looks like the teleporters. Trying to get closer, I kept building and eventually hit an invisible barrier. I first assumed there must be a limit of how far you can get from the planet while still technically being on it. But it cut off and I could still place past it, just invisible, and it also wasn't with the curve of the planet at all. Rather than a ceiling, it was a tilted wall (cutoff). So I was able to keep going as long as I went right. Although, I didn't get far because I'm assuming that my player hitbox collided with the barrier and I became stuck. I could still do everything like dancing, terrain tool gun, backpack, etc. except for moving from where I was. I tried everything I could with what I had with the terrain tool, but nothing moved me, so I had to disconnect my oxygen until I suffocated and respawned at base. 

It's disappointing that I couldn't go further, although I haven't tried reaching a second barrier because I gave up after getting stuck twice. It takes like 3 or 5 minutes just to walk up the ramp, and that's if I don't fall off.

Unfortunately, I could not find any screenshots of it, but the cut off barrier was completely straight and didn't seem like a barrier on purpose.