Sign in to follow this  
Mariusz_M

Somehow fell inside a locked research unit :)

Hi. I want to share an interesting story. Today I was testing winch and towing for the first time. It works really bad and I think it needs to be improved. It is not really towing... it is like stretching a bungee and waitinh what happens. Usually it is the load that jumps on top of the rover, but when I leave the rover it is usually rover flying away...

Anyway, I was towing a field research unit and at some point the unit hit the rover and the rover flipped upside down on top of the research unit. I tried to flip it back, but instead, my astronaut left the rover and found himself inside the research unit... I could not get back outside, I was locked inside! Luckily, The rover had a trailer with batteries, so being inside the research unit, I managed to disconnect the trailer cable plug and connect it directly to the research unit. After some time the unit opened and I could leave. :)

I think the easiest way to fix the bug is to make towing more predictable and stable, so it is actually towing, not playing with bungees :)

+1

So true

Don't have much time so ill make a long story short:

I use winches to tow ship wrecks to get cool screen shots (A photographer if you will)

I find it pretty annoying to use the winches to transport extra-large items

*especially now that creative allows you to fly, its hard to control whats on the end of a winch