macsearcher

used creative for a second and now stuck in creative

Hello.

First off, I am new to the community and want to say hi!

Here is my question.

I have created a large base over the last month and was in adventure mode the entire time.

I got stuck with my rover in the core and went into creative for a second to try to find my exit. I went back to adventure right away but now I am unable to get trophies or holiday seasons event etc.

Is there any way for me to get back to where i was or get back to full adventure mode without losing all of my work?
Thanks!

I seem to recall someone posting that once an Adventure Mode game is converted to CM there is no going back. No more achievements or credit towards special events can ever be earned with that save either. Maybe it will change at some point in the future but that's the way that I understand it works now. I have never tried CM and I am glad that I didn't because this situation makes me avoid it like the plague.

Indeed, as stated in the patch notes, using Creative permanently disables achievements on the active save. The thinking is that even if you use it briefly, you could spawn-in items that will get you the achievements quickly. 

SmartSelect_20200104-074323_Chrome.jpg

Thanks to both of you for the answer. That was my suspicion but I was kinda hoping that there was some kind of work-around.

Posted (edited)

I guess the upside or you, @macsearcher, is that you get to start a new game and use all the information you have gained to do it better/faster/smarter this time around. Good luck and keep building!

Edited by Flyingcrowbar

They have add a duplicate save feature for this purpose  so that before you change to CM make a copy of the save.

Before I start a game I always make a copy of the save folder and add the date to the foldername. I have done this since stuck in a drop pod many years ago. It has saved me more than one time