Adam Seagle

Game crashing. X box one

The farther i get in the game the more likely its going to crash. It crashes when i go to save it useing the shuttle or the rover. Even on the first planet, when im running, it is like im in slo mo or walking on the moon. Same with the large rover with drill 3 on it , gos very slow. All very frustrating. Any help with this would be great because i like the game a lot but it is getting un playable:(

Eventually, your game will get to where it crashes everytime you try save/enter vehicle. Then you will sit by and wonder why they are ignoring this game breaking bug. And you'll be sad that you cant play the new Holiday update because you cant play the game. Oh, wait i was talking about myself.. and a Bunch of others in the Ignored section.

I had a similar issue on PC. The lag slowly built up until eventually my game crashed funnily enough it crash when I tried to get into a vehicle as well. After I rebooted my computer (for an unrelated issue) it was perfectly fine. 

I think it is because later in the game you end up traveling between planets more (Because you can/Need to) . So you end up loading a bunch random stuff and keeping it loaded when it doesn't need to be which ends up slowing down the game.

Possible Fix:

If the cause is what I suspect; I think a possible solution to this problem for the developers (If it isn't already part of the game) is to do something similar to what Terraria does to deal with this. Instead of letting a machine stay loaded and continue running when you aren't on the same planet as it. You can unload the machine then when it loads again figure out how much would have been done if it had stayed loaded.  

Lets say I set up an atmospheric condenser on Atrox to collect some Helium and then leave the planet.

Since I don't want to keep typing Atmospheric Condenser I'm going to abbreviate it "AC"

This is what happens.

When the player is out of range of the AC:

1. Unload the AC
  2. Note the time AC was unloaded

When the player come back into range:

1. Check the current time
  2. Calculate the amount of time that the AC hadn't been loaded for
  3. Calculate how much Helium would have been produced in that amount of time
  4. Load the AC and connected storage
  5. Add the amount of Helium produced to the storage