FyZ1K

Add an Option to the Loading Menu to toggle Storms on or off in the Game.

One of the key arguments why I (again) started playing astroneer was to find a "Survival" Game that was featured with a more random driven survival task list, regarding its environment and its preparation.

First off I've learned that back then in EA-Times several things changed or were completely missing. Like the new Tutorial that just kicks you on a random planet instead of a generic introduction (which was fine for me).

But one thing I really got dissapointed was that they completely removed the Storms. Even on the "Most hardest Planet" Atrox.

Even a buddy of mine who also started playing Astroneer came up with the same Idea as many players of your playerbase including my own tinyness to add an option to toggle the storms on and off.

I really love Astroneer in its procedural art and I'd love to see storms back in the game since this made approx. 70% of the game's fun imo.

It's not that it wouldn't had been possible (You did it before) but just removing them just because some people's platforms couldn't handle it, isn't fair for your day one playerbase.

So please dear Devs, do your playerbase a favor and bring back the storms or at least give us an option to recall the greatness that made this game so challenging!

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I don't want to download an older version of the Game since it's not the meaning of an update to revert something. Updates are here for additions and improvements...

What do I have to do to get an answer?... Clearly patience alone isn't paying out here...

And tbh i created the topic last weekend. But it says opened 23 hours ago... Is this some sort of trick to put off the answeringtime?

Edited by FyZ1K

I'd so love a toggle-able Storm option too, now that the latest patch is in and they are going to be looking into bugs they might get the time to add some features again, I miss my "Flying boxes of DOOM!" (Though a new sprite wouldn't go astray).

They have said that if storms are coming back, they'd likely be different on each planet, and would probably be part of a weather system. 

9 hours ago, Blind Io said:

They have said that if storms are coming back, they'd likely be different on each planet, and would probably be part of a weather system. 

And when will this be?...